R U OK?day

SarahSmiles

Proud owner of the 1,999,999th post on the S.F.A.
Oct 2, 2017
Pulling one over deep square leg for 6
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, AFC Wimbledon, Renegades
Apologies if this thread is against the rules but given the day, and recent events in the AFL community I feel as though this thread is relevant

Today (The 12th of September) is R U OK?day.

(From R U OK's website) "R U OK?Day is our national day of action dedicated to reminding everyone to ask, “Are you OK?” and to remember every day of the year to support people who may be struggling with life’s ups and downs."

"Got a niggling feeling that someone you know or care about it isn’t behaving as they normally would? Perhaps they seem out of sorts? More agitated or withdrawn? Or they’re just not themselves. Trust that gut instinct and act on it.

By starting a conversation and commenting on the changes you’ve noticed, you could help that family member, friend or workmate open up. If they say they are not ok, you can follow our conversation steps to show them they’re supported and help them find strategies to better manage the load. If they are ok, that person will know you’re someone who cares enough to ask."

Starting an R U OK? conversation? Use these four steps:
1. Ask R U OK?
2. Listen
3. Encourage action
4. Check in

A conversation can save a life. Speak up, check in with your mates, family and colleagues.

Resources:
RU OK?
Beyond Blue (1300 22 4636)
QLife (1800 184 527)
Mensline (1300 78 99 78)
HeadSpace (1800 650 890)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mojo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Do we have one of these threads lurking around the Hawthorn Board, similar to the AFL board?

I may as well get the ball rolling; as someone who's suffered and continues to suffer from anxiety and depression, if anyone's feels like something's not quite right, 'blue', depressed, embarrassed, please, please know that speaking to someone is the first step to a positive change.

I will always make time for anyone who requires a listening ear, advice or a friend. I'm only one PM away.

Top Bottom