Game Day R1: Port v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Really, is this what we have to look forward to this year on BF.
2 out of 3 posts making some snide smart arse remark about Hinkley.
Take your carp to the Sack Hinkley Thread. Some people come to these Preview threads to read posters opinions on game day issues not the same old boring s**t about the Coach.
This Port Adelaide BF Board is fast becoming a waste of space with all the inane Coach whining.

Sigh. If someone back in 2017 told me Ken would still be at the helm R1 2022, I would laugh hysterically. But here we are..Lions to own us again
Id be ecstatic because it would mean we had clearly won multiple flags in that time because why else would you extend a bloke for a decade?

Id be ecstatic because it would mean we had clearly won multiple flags in that time because why else would you extend a bloke for a decade?
The first few games of 2022 have proved the benefit of changing the coach, with Collingwood and Carlton having good wins. Meanwhile at Alberton........

Port 1-12
Zak Butters 30+ possessions.
Ken to come out after the game and say how passionate he his about coaching Port Adelaide and is looking forward to the next 5 years.

The first few games of 2022 have proved the benefit of changing the coach, with Collingwood and Carlton having good wins. Meanwhile at Alberton........
Meanwhile at Alberton our coach has had 1 rd1 loss in 10 years and has the best winning record of any coach over the last 2 seasons……..

Disclaimer 1: Discounting prelims of course.
Disclaimer 2: we may not win tonight.

I'm sure Ken wont get fooled again.
Couldn't possibly happen.
The reaction will of course be firm and decisive after that prelim final debacle.
That is what we would expect from a side hurting after totally screwing up.
That is what we would expect from a proud Port Adelaide side.

Because if we were served up a noncoherent blithering mess that wasted the efforts of our players, the coach would instantly be sacked, right.
Because we don't accept mediocrity.
We won't put up with our club's expectations being lowered by the vicmedia and those that currently control the team from across the border.

We couldn't possibly just bomb the ball into offense for it to be instantly rebounded.
We couldn't possibly have neglected to build and maintain a strong midfield.
Our defense couldn't possibly be aging and have an all to familar U shape to it.

Of course not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love that footy is back but not confident due to our track record up there.

Really want to see us stand up to their bully boy tactics at the Gabba and crack in hard from the opening bounce.

Nothing stupid but be footy aggressive and not be intimidated. Bring the heat and first game energy that the opening round games so far have shown.

Good luck to the new boys Meady and Jez. Stay sound Conan and drive your enemies before you 😉.

Carn Port.

Really, is this what we have to look forward to this year on BF.
2 out of 3 posts making some snide smart arse remark about Hinkley.
Take your carp to the Sack Hinkley Thread. Some people come to these Preview threads to read posters opinions on game day issues not the same old boring sh*t about the Coach.
This Port Adelaide BF Board is fast becoming a waste of space with all the inane Coach whining.

No need to carp on with your whining and dining

I think I'd just like us to do better than 6.13, the average of our last three games against them. Nothing I've seen so far this year though gives me a great deal of confidence.

I think we'll do better than expected and match them for much of the game. Brisbane by 15.

To wait until Hinkley gets sacked so we can enjoy ourselves again.

Viewing Party! Let's All Watch 'Groundhog Day' Together! - The New York  Times

Groundhog Day Movies - The New York Times

2021​

What We Can Port Adelaide Learn From Bill Murray's Time Use in Groundhog Day - 2022​

What We Can All Learn From Bill Murray's Time Use in Groundhog Day - The  Hutch

Last edited:
Kicking 10 goals will have old mate declare it as much of a win as an actual win because there's been undeniable improvement from the squad.

A loss will have all the conflict of interest radio hosts spend all week saying 'we didnt think they'd win anyway, why are people getting angry at ken'

A win, will see them saying 'see, forget the prelims, ken is good, we told youse all so' through full blown Stockholm syndrome.

Hoping to start well and hang in there.
Have little faith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back