R1 Team vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
gumbleton is not named in the squad for fridays match against north at bendigo. whats the go? (any word anyone?)

the squads are on efc website - kickoff at 4.30pm. i might head up for the match if i can get away from work early enough.

Paul Hamilton said in an interview on BomberTV that Gumbleton has tightness in his lower back and they are being cautious with him. He said its something he's had this year and last. In other words he's having lower back / hamstring related tightness. Its defintely a concern! Hopefully match fitness is all his body needs to get up and running and to stay there.

B: Dempsey Fletcher H Slattery

HB: McPhee Ryder Myers

C: Stanton Watson Lovett

HF: Monfries Lucas Houli

F: Davey Lloyd Neagle

Foll: Hille McVeigh Lonergan

Inter: Bellchambers Gumbleton Nash Skipworth

Emerg: Dyson Winderlich Jetta

Please, please continue thinking this. Then watch him kick 5 on you.

Hmmmm...we have a track record of letting "no-name" forwards kick multiple goals so I wouldn't be surprised.

In reality, Westhoff should be small fry to Paddy.

B: Hurley Fletcher Slattery
HB: Nash Ryder Dempsey
C: Lovett Stanton Lonergan
HF: McPhee Lloyd Monfries
F: Davey Lucas Skipworth
Foll: Hille Watson McVeigh
INT: Bellchambers Winderlich Jetta Dyson

B: Michael Hurley, Dustin Fletcher, Kyle Reimers
HB: David Myers, Patrick Ryder, Courtenay Dempsey
C: Andrew Lovett, Brent Stanton, Sam Lonergan
HF: Scott Gumbleton, Matthew Lloyd, Angus Monfries
F: Alwyn Davey, Scott Lucas, Jay Neagle
Foll: David Hille, Jobe Watson, Mark McVeigh
INT: Tom Bellchambers, Adam Mcphee, Bachar Houli, Leroy Jetta

Changes in bold.

In reality, Westhoff should be small fry to Paddy.

Bar the Geelong game when he found himself the lone key forward that morning with the late withdrawal of Tredders he's had an excellent preseason.

NABR1 vs Sydney, 4 goals named in the best.
NABR2 vs Geelong, 1 goal.
NABC1 vs North, 2 goals.
NABC2 vs St. Kilda, 3 goals named in the best.

As long as Tredders doesn't suffer another midweek niggle Hoff will excel as the third forward after Warren and Motlop.

Bar the Geelong game when he found himself the lone key forward that morning with the late withdrawal of Tredders he's had an excellent preseason.

NABC1 vs North, 2 goals.

As long as Tredders doesn't suffer another midweek niggle Hoff will excel as the third forward after Warren and Motlop.

I rate Westhoff...it was more of a comment regarding Ryder - if he's going to play on the Brown's, Reiwoldts, Franklin's etc he should handle Westhoff comfortably.

That said, Westhoff looks like he's going to have a decent year :thumbsu:

NABC1 vs North, 2 goals.

I rate Westhoff...it was more of a comment regarding Ryder - if he's going to play on the Brown's, Reiwoldts, Franklin's etc he should handle Westhoff comfortably.

That said, Westhoff looks like he's going to have a decent year :thumbsu:

I too rate Westhoff but I also believe Ryder will have his measure. Though Westhoff punches above his weight range, Ryder will be suited to Westhoff because the body development isn't there yet - like Ryder. Aside from Franklin, Ryder has done a reasonable job on the other giant forwards. He's much maligned and I'm no exception, I don't think his defensive capabilities are quite there... but last season he did improve astronomically from the previous season, one would hope he improves again.

Changes in bold.

No chance Reimers will be playing. Has not been training and is not participating in any of the practice matches this weekend.

B: H. Slatts, Fletch, Hurley
HB: Nash, Ryder, Dempsey
C: Stanton, Watson, Winderlich
HF: Monfries, Lloyd, McPhee
F: Davey, Lucas, Neagle
R: Hille, McVeigh, Lovett
I/C: Bellchambers, Lonergan, Dyson, Myers

Emerg: NLM, Houli, Jetta

with ankle injuries to slattery and myers today i'd have my lineup as:

B: Atkinson (Ebert), Fletcher (Tredrea), Daniher (D.Motlop)
HB: McPhee (C.Cornes), Ryder (Westhoff), Dempsey (Rodan)
C: Stanton, Watson, Lovett
HF: Skipworth, Lloyd, Davey
F: Lucas, Neagle, Monfries
Foll: Hille, Lonergan, McVeigh
Int: Bellchambers, Hocking, Dyson, Winderlich
Emerg: Nash, Hurley, Houli

Gumby, Jetta, Pears, NLM, Houli all left out as they didn't get a gig in final hitout for various reasons. Myers, Slattery and definitely Reimers may not come up in time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with ankle injuries to slattery and myers today i'd have my lineup as:

B: Atkinson (Ebert), Fletcher (Tredrea), Daniher (D.Motlop)
HB: McPhee (C.Cornes), Ryder (Westhoff), Dempsey (Rodan)
C: Stanton, Watson, Lovett
HF: Skipworth, Lloyd, Davey
F: Lucas, Neagle, Monfries
Foll: Hille, Lonergan, McVeigh
Int: Bellchambers, Hocking, Dyson, Winderlich
Emerg: Nash, Hurley, Houli

Gumby, Jetta, Pears, NLM, Houli all left out as they didn't get a gig in final hitout for various reasons. Myers, Slattery and definitely Reimers may not come up in time.

Ebert beats Atkinson, Fletcher and Tredders are even, Motlop kicks 10 goals on daniher, Cornes and McPhee will be even, westhoff might just nugde ryder and rodan beats dempsey.

Ebert beats Atkinson, Fletcher and Tredders are even, Motlop kicks 10 goals on daniher, Cornes and McPhee will be even, westhoff might just nugde ryder and rodan beats dempsey.

lol.

Myers and Slats have two weeks to recover, remember.

yeah i know - slatterys ankle looked just as bad as mcveighs so i can't see him coming up. myers not as bad but he hasn't had much game time in pre-season due to missing 1st game with virus and missing most of yesterday. they will be reluctant to take in underdone guys when there are others available with better conditioning.

gumby and myers are my two favourite youngsters but i'm being realistic thinking knights will take the conservative approach going with guys with a better fitness base and injury free etc.

Cant really but i needed an extra tall and Knights will play him if he is fit.

Here's a number of justifications for playing Gumby:

• Has a massive amount of talent and has shown it in bursts during his first couple of practice matches
  • Lucas was terrible against the pies and lloyd not much better indicating that we are not giving our tall forwards a great deal of opportunities dispite what the inside 50's might say.
  • Gumbleton has the tools to develop into one of the better tall players in the comp and needs exposure at the highest level to take the next step.
  • Has a big tank and can cover more ground than lloyd, lucas and neagle giving him another string
  • Our senior players aren't good enough to challenge for a grand final let along win one. If we don't start developing the youngsters we are tredding water at best, but probably just wasting time.
Obviously there's plenty of reasons not to play him but if our aim is to be a realistic challenger, we are kidding ourselves if we think we can do it without developing our good young players and relying 90% on our experienced players who are ordinary comparatively.

People on here are in love with Myers and Gumbleton but they have only been able to play 2 pre season games and have looked a long way off it in both games to be considred for Round 1.

Both need a solid run of games CONSECUTIVELY at Bendigo before they should be seriously considered to come in.

Back 6:

Ryder
Fletcher
Myers
Dempsey
Hurley
Winderlich

Mids:

Watson
McVeigh
Houli
Stanton
Hille
Lovett

Fwd:

Gumby
Davey
Lloyd
Neagle
Jetta
Monfries

Bench:

Lucas
Bellchambers
Lonergan
Zaharakis - Give him a go

Dyson - Not up to it
Nash - Not up to it
NLM - Too many mistakes
Mcphee - had enough of him
Slattery - OVER RATED, poor footballer
Skipworth - the wrong draft pick and should only be used in the case of injuries.

Let's give the kids a go and see what they've got. At the end of the day, our best side looks ordinary so i'd rather be ordinary developing a list than pretending with a bunch of blokes who aren't up to it.

I would have a feeling that Skipworth will play as he has been one of our better players this pre season, you have to realise he is still only 25 - 26, so its not like he is 30+ playing as a list filler, we picked him up for a reason.

Myers and Gumbleton both need time at Bendigo before they play in the seniors, with injury concerns they will not get a look in IMO.

The players who have performed in the preseason will get a go one would imagine, am talking about the Dempsey's, Dyson's, Nash's etc. They will play, even though probably dont deserve it (Dyson).

We probably wont take in the 4 key talls any ways, as I feel it will not work, so one of Lucas, Gumbleton or Neagle will miss out.

Hurley will not play.

Watson will play, McVeigh will not. Slatts im undecided on.

just my two cents worth.

any info on how the injured guys are.

Based on various reports arising from last night and throughout the pre-season:

B: Henry Slattery, Dustin Fletcher, Michael Hurley

HB: Jarrod Atkinson, Patrick Ryder, Courtenay Demspey

C: Andrew Lovett, Jobe Watson, Jason Winderlich

HF: Hayden Skipworth, Matthew Lloyd, Alwyn Davey

F: Leroy Jetta, Scott Lucas, Jay Neagle

R: David Hille, Brent Stanton, Mark McVeigh

Int from: Thomas Bellchambers, Sam Lonergan, Heath Hocking, Jay Nash, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Ricky Dyson, David Zaharakis

By that I have Hurley seemingly certain to debut and probably get Robbie Gray first up. Skipworth and Hocking have been standouts throughout the preseason of those knocking on the door and have earned the call-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back