Preview R1 v Gold Coast | Metricon Stadium | 6:55pm ACDT | 21 March 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

If Hinkley falls into the old habit of plonking Westhoff at CHF and Ebert plays at FF as named or as the important 2nd marking forward and doesn't give Marshall and MG a decent go at playing up there. ie at least 75% time on ground, I am going to be pissed off.

I will go down to Alberton and cough all over Hinkley.

Last edited:

If it mattered I'd be disappointed that preseason form gets ignored, especially when there's no seconds for the guys to work their way back in.

I fear now we're going back into the shell. When Charlie comes in, watch a tall get dropped.

But it doesn't matter, so it's hard to get to worked up. Now, is there a tipping comp with toilet roll for the winners???

Although I wouldn’t have thought of Ebert, I see some utility in it.

look at the starting forward line....
Marshall 20 games
Georgiades 0 games
Butters 19 games
SPP 57 games
Rozee 22 games

Grey is the only one with experience (218 games). With Westhoff likely to play floating CHB/CHF.

I actually kind of like the idea of having the strong bodied 246 games Ebert in the team. He does have strong hands and decent kick.

I’m guessing that’s why they have done that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any chance this board could let Ebert play an actual game of AFL football before we decide to consign him to the scrapheap forever?

He’s a 30year old former running mid, who hasn’t been an automatic selection in a long time, and just had a horrid preseason showing, in a team that needs to develop its future and has been picked in the place of developing a tall player, or an actual forward player.

I don’t need 22, 17, or even 1 game to know that it is a poor decision.

He’s a 30year old former running mid, who hasn’t been an automatic selection in a long time, and just had a horrid preseason showing, in a team that needs to develop its future and has been picked in the place of developing a tall player, or an actual forward player.

I don’t need 22, 17, or even 1 game to know that it is a poor decision.

What tall forward was he picked ahead of? ****ing Buzza?

Marshall is playing. Georgiades is playing. Dixon is injured. Ladhams isn't a forward.

What tall forward was he picked ahead of? ****ing Buzza?

Marshall is playing. Georgiades is playing. Dixon is injured. Ladhams isn't a forward.

Getting games into ladhams as a second ruck / forward over squeezing another game out of Ebert

Picking an actual forward to play forward?

Picking a young kid to get games into?

Literally all of these options were available and they went with giving a game to the 30yr old in bad form in a position he has no future in, in a game that has nothing substantial on the line, in a side that should be building for the future.

Id of probably played a second ruck in Dixons place rather then Ebert but understandably Ladhams isn't a forward.

That said he's more of a tall forward than Ebert who you could hardly say earn't a spot with his pre season form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back