Preview R1 v St Kilda @ Marvel Stadium (Sunday, March 24)

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda who have long had one of the slowest midfields bar Steven mind you.

Parker, Gresham, Sinclair, Long burning us

That is a major concern with our mids
Miles, Miller, GHS, Swallow, Fiorini, Bowes not exactly speedsters

Sexton, Powell, Weller, Martin our dynamic midfielders - need to impose their athleticism

Mid fats have killed us since day 1
#whoisKyleReimers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

6/6/6 favours those dynamic midfielders

So we recruit GHS and Miles
They've been absolutely burnt at least 5 times combined this half.

Can see some of the positives for Miles
GHS on the other hand

Pretty hard to see what he brings to the team.

Ah Chee in for GHS please

Think we’re ok actually - plenty of effort even if it’s a bit misguided. Can’t fault the young kids busting a gut out there.

Wasn’t knocking him. Wasn’t expecting much. Just haven’t seen him... which was what I expected. The kid, like Ben King, isn’t ready yet. Media have overhyped him.
He got involved in that Sexton goal and also had the Goal assist for Peter Wright snap in the first quarter.

His best attribute is marking on the lead and his skills.
With our ball movement and midfield we don't give him much of a chance to demonstrate his best traits.

Happy we've kicked 7 goals in the first half.
We played a number of games last year without that many the whole match.

Skill bad , waste all energy on effort .Sydney game plan make players look slow.

Only 2 goals down, with plenty not getting their hands on it. Can turn this around.
This is the correct response to the current situation.

First half of the first game of the season, 7 Debutants. Kindly pull your heads in with the doomsday predictions.

Ta.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He got involved in that Sexton goal and also had the Goal assist for Peter Wright snap in the first quarter.

His best attribute is marking on the lead and his skills.
With our ball movement and midfield we don't give him much of a chance to demonstrate his best traits.
Wouldn’t hurt to play him down back to get some confidence.

I feel like with joyce out Weller may be the guy whos moved back into a more lock down defense role, where he was more winger in the pre-season. i'm not sure that's a winning move if that's what's occurred

I feel like with joyce out Weller may be the guy whos moved back into a more lock down defense role, where he was more winger in the pre-season. i'm not sure that's a winning move if that's what's occurred
Weller is not a good defender. Not strong enough in the body or hard enough at the ball. Need him up on the wing.

This kind of game is hard to watch/predict , even if you won it still make you wondered is it lucky /effort or good skill/good structure .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back