Preview R1 v St Kilda @ Marvel Stadium (Sunday, March 24)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be worried if Lethlean didn't think his side was the fittest team running around. Isn't every club the 'fittest in the comp' at this time of year, when you haven't played anyone but yourself and you've spent the summer running laps for hour upon hour? It doesn't mean you announce it to everyone. All that brings is expectations, and anything less then St Kilda running us off the field will be a let down now.

I'd be worried if Lethlean didn't think his side was the fittest team running around. Isn't every club the 'fittest in the comp' at this time of year, when you haven't played anyone but yourself and you've spent the summer running laps for hour upon hour? It doesn't mean you announce it to everyone. All that brings is expectations, and anything less then St Kilda running us off the field will be a let down now.
but...but...but..benchmarks!!!!!

Unfortunately in our own history we’ve had imbecile club officials such as John Witheriff make ridiculous claims about us too. Would much rather humility and stay under the radar.
I think they and many clubs will see soon that the suns of this year are vastly different to whom they last played.

That tweet from st kilda is a laugh. Fittest club? LOL Pretty sure 17 other clubs are fitter.

We've seen struggling lower Clubs come out early doors recently and get some surprise early wins on the back of insane preseasons
I think Clubs like ours and St Kilda know its the best chance to get a few sneaky early wins against better teams that will taper to September
Wouldn't surprise me if StKilda was actually the fittest ever but it's unlikely to translate into a top 8 finish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we'll knock them off regardless of who's available for them.
We were all over them last year, plenty of midfield improvement for us, and they don't have genuine A grades mids that hurt us with most teams.
Yeah we've really moneyballed the midfield and with Ainsworth Fiorini Bowes Miller and Brodie coming on hopefully we'll see some drive from the engine room for the first time since 2014 really

I reckon we'll see something like this for round 1, injuries permitting
B:Joyce Thompson Harbrow
HB: Hanley Hombsch Murdoch
C: Weller Swallow Fiorini
HF: Sexton Day Martin
F: Rankine Wright Ainsworth
R: Witts Miles Miller
Bench: Bowes Burgess Scheer Horlin-Smith

That tweet from st kilda is a laugh. Fittest club? LOL Pretty sure 17 other clubs are fitter.
Judging from our game against the Suns last year, I think you mean 16 other clubs :)

Judging from our game against the Suns last year, I think you mean 16 other clubs :)

Just to get this straight, did you come here to brag that you are in fact not the most unfit team in the competition, but the 2nd most unfit? I guess Lethlean really did know what he was talking about in that case :)

Just to get this straight, did you come here to brag that you are in fact not the most unfit team in the competition, but the 2nd most unfit? I guess Lethlean really did know what he was talking about in that case :)
Just a bit of gags banter :) Think it will be hard to know where both sides are at until at least the JLT games and even they can be misleading.

In terms of fitness I'm glad that we are at least addressing it as it's been an area of huge weakness, teams would often get a massive run on us last year.

Anyway really looking forward to the game and hoping a few of your exciting youngsters play.

Really interesting to see The Australian labeling St Kilda 'Wooden Spoon Certainties' after recent developments. Does that mean they no longer view us as having the worst list in the AFL or have the Saints just been unlucky with injuries and off field issues?

Just a bit of gags banter :) Think it will be hard to know where both sides are at until at least the JLT games and even they can be misleading.

In terms of fitness I'm glad that we are at least addressing it as it's been an area of huge weakness, teams would often get a massive run on us last year.

Anyway really looking forward to the game and hoping a few of your exciting youngsters play.

Haha I know, all good mate. Our St. Kilda games always seem to bring out the best in terms of pre-game banter with the opposition I’ve found.

We’re in the same position really. Still a very young side unable to run out more than a half/3 quarters. It will come with time but still super frustrating. Could result in quite a final quarter come round 1 with both sides off their feet and cramping.

Big game for both sides. Should be a good one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back