Preview R1 v St Kilda @ Marvel Stadium (Sunday, March 24)

Remove this Banner Ad

Notice Brodie only got games later in the season when there was slim pickings in the 2s to choose from. - you're probably not aware but by R23 there was literally one senior listed player playing in the 2s (scrimshaw).
so it may be a case of the match comittee didnt think he'd earned his place then either but had no other reasonable options - obviously i dont know.

I take it first game for each new entrant to the league is excluded? or is it just a case of journalists making up SENsationalist headlines again?
Club debut

Has lukosios done enough in JLT to make a debut?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clearly no
But - we've got to get games into him this year.
Would prefer he earns them though, we know the NEAFL is not exactly conducive to good development.
Think Ah Chee forward and Joyce in defence gives us a better on field team on game day.

Jack Steven may play
Returned to training on Friday

Clearly no
Would prefer he earns them though, we know the NEAFL is not exactly conducive to good development.
Think Ah Chee forward and Joyce in defence gives us a better on field team on game day.

I agree about getting games into him but don’t think he should be gifted selection for round one from what I’ve seen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly no
Ah Chee is a forward only and may come under pressure when Rankine returns. I have little confidence in Joyce but guess they have to give him a go until a better option arises.

Fox Sports Predicted Round 1 Team:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ev...s/news-story/1a9a2c4ee5c35c290ca0cc252b8f4934

B: Jesse Joyce, Sam Collins, Charlie Ballard

HB: Pearce Hanley, Jack Hombsch, Jarrod Harbrow

C: Lachie Weller, Touk Miller, Brayden Fiorini

HF: Alex Sexton, Peter Wright, Jack Bowes

F: Jack Lukosius, Chris Burgess, Ben Ainsworth

Foll: Jarrod Witts, David Swallow, Jack Martin

I/C: Sam Day, Jordan Murdoch, George Horlin-Smith, Anthony Miles

Probably not too far away, I would take Joyce and Day out for MacPherson and Ah Chee. Day having not played a single JLT game hurts him and Joyce has been scratchy early on.

Fox Sports Predicted Round 1 Team:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ev...s/news-story/1a9a2c4ee5c35c290ca0cc252b8f4934

B: Jesse Joyce, Sam Collins, Charlie Ballard

HB: Pearce Hanley, Jack Hombsch, Jarrod Harbrow

C: Lachie Weller, Touk Miller, Brayden Fiorini

HF: Alex Sexton, Peter Wright, Jack Bowes

F: Jack Lukosius, Chris Burgess, Ben Ainsworth

Foll: Jarrod Witts, David Swallow, Jack Martin

I/C: Sam Day, Jordan Murdoch, George Horlin-Smith, Anthony Miles

Probably not too far away, I would take Joyce and Day out for MacPherson and Ah Chee. Day having not played a single JLT game hurts him and Joyce has been scratchy early on.

How is Ah Chee not in the best 22!? Crazy IMO.

Roberton out for the 2019 Season for St Kilda.

Awful news for him, but that is another tall defender down for the Saints.

Steven either will not play or will be underdone coming in after not training for 3 weeks.

We are in this game up to our eyeballs. In with a great chance to start the season off right.

This time next week we’ll be walking out of Marvel with the W. Nothing wrong with optimism is there? I’m confident we will do better than last year and continue to build off the back of last season. There’s a genuine hunger within our team now to do well, all passengers have left the club. Those who are committed are at the club for success and to make it a success.

I’m keen to see all of our new recruits/debutants in action. Murdoch with his run and carry off half back in particular.

If St Kilda's season keeps on imploding, there's every chance Saints finish bottom of the ladder.

They were $18 on sportsbet to be the last team to win a game. I put a few dollars on after the Jack Steven news came out.

If they don't beat us their draw goes Essendon, Freo in Perth, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Adelaide @ marvel, Giants away, Eagles @ marvel, Collingwood, Carlton @ marvel in r9.

Carlton plays us at Metricon R4, Bulldogs @ marvel r5, North @ marvel r7 which are all probably more winnable than the above.

They were $18 on sportsbet to be the last team to win a game. I put a few dollars on after the Jack Steven news came out.

If they don't beat us their draw goes Essendon, Freo in Perth, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Adelaide @ marvel, Giants away, Eagles @ marvel, Collingwood, Carlton @ marvel in r9.

Carlton plays us at Metricon R4, Bulldogs @ marvel r5, North @ marvel r7 which are all probably more winnable than the above.
Well thought out, if I was a betting man I’d chuck a couple of pineapples at that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back