Preview R10: Changes v Collingwood: Gawn, Riley, Newton in; Bail, Spencer, Grimes out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out: Bail, M Jones, Watts and Howe. (all for good as well, none are in our best 22 anymore)

IN: Dawes (if fit at least provides a contest). Tyson (need him in the middle) Newton and Riley.

Out: Watts, Bail, M Jones, Fitzpatrick
In: Newton, Tyson, Michie, Gawn

B: Jetta Dunn Garland
HB: Grimes McDonald Lumumba
C: Vince Jones Toumpas
HF: Howe Hogan Newton
F: Garlett Pedersen Gawn
R: Spencer vandenBerg Cross

I: Tyson Viney Brayshaw (Michie)

In: Tyson, Newton, ?
Out: Bail, M.Jones, Howe
Stay out: Dawes

Don't really care about the third.

Out: Bail, M Jones, Watts and Howe. (all for good as well, none are in our best 22 anymore)

IN: Dawes (if fit at least provides a contest). Tyson (need him in the middle) Newton and Riley.
Usually would say no to Dawes, but we're up against the old side.
Dawes for Howe
Tyson for M Jones
Newton for Bail
Gawn for Spencer

Have we got anyone with curly hair in the magoos?

If not someone willing to get a perm needs to come in, or someone with a top knot. I think our lack of shitty hairstyles is effecting our play..
Let Fitzy grow his out again. Heritier played a lot better in the preseason with the Mr T mohawk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Usually would say no to Dawes, but we're up against the old side.

Frost slaughtered him last year.

In: Tyson, Riley, Newton
Out: Bail, Jones, Watts

Considered dropping Fitz but not sure who we would bring in. I would like Spencer for Gawn but Roos hates Gawn for some reason.

Out: Watts, Toumpas, Bail

In: Tyson, Riley, Michie

Toumpas does not get dropped this week, that would be really stupid by Roos.

Out: Bail
In: Anyone or anything

...you can predict exactly how he's gonna stuff it up each and every time. Don't even care if no one comes in for him and we just play with 21 players. Averages 9 touches a game and just under 3 clangers a game, meaning even when he does get the occasional touch there's a 1/3 chance it's coming straight back the other way.

I've defended him before, and liked his defensive pressure in previous seasons but I'm done with the guy. He's turning 27 soon and am amazed he's lasted this long.

Yes, Howe was worse than him today, but week in week out Bail continues to demonstrate that he is clearly not up to the standard required, gets pushed out of contests, can't mark or get the ball or do anything with it.

If I had to pick someone to come in for him, I'd probably go with Riley since he also plays that role, but Bail is an absolute passenger.

I don't think Matt Jones will be dropped. He played on Pittard who had just 12 touches. Jones also kicked a goal. Personally I'd be happier without him in the side but I'm guessing the match committee will see it differently.

Before you go off at me...i didnt see the incident. A Melbourne friend thinks Vince wont play due to suspension. Anyone else think that?

Yeh I reckon I know what you are referring to.

As a pack went up for a contested mark, Vince was running back with the flight and sort of jumped into the pack without looking at the footy.

Unfortunately he lead with his elbow which conveniently landed in Robbie Grays ribs. Gray had to come of for a minute to recover.

He wasn't reported so I reckon they'll leave it alone, but he certainly flirted with a bit of danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back