Sully90

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
Making Giro emergency is basically telling him he’s really close. Giro should be playing like his life depends on it this week and he will be in soon
From what I gather, the form's good enough, the selectors just want to see it over a short period of time.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Dan Pearce and S Hill in . Crowden and Nyhuis out. There will be a lot of knockers re Dannyle but we need a left footer on the wing. S Hill in for Nyhuis. Tough on Nyhuis but we need the extra run and delivery from the back half with Hill. If Hamling doesn't come up Kersten is all thats available . He doesn't really deserve the call up but our key back depth at the minute is schizen.

Geez I'm good:D:p

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah unlike some I don't see Nyhuis making it long term so dropping him is no big deal in my book.
D Pearce was very unlucky to be dropped after the Saints game where he actually played well, so on one hand I don't begrudge him being selected. On the other hand, why he is anywhere near the team when we are rebuilding is beyond me. In summary, bloody stupid decision to pick him for the saints, but having played well that game also a stupid decision to drop him last week, and I hope he kicks kangaroo butt

Danyle is the player on our list, not in the 22 already, who would be best suited to a wet weather game if we want the ball moving forward as much as possible.

Long hoofs to grass and stoppages, if Cunnington can get moved out of it that will be huge for us.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nyhuis will get further opportunities and needs to take his feedback to the WAFL, although I suspect he will be held back this week as an emergency.

Giro and Sheridan to definitely play for Peel. Be interesting to see whether Kersten lines up for Peel tomorrow.

Rion

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Meh Crowden always needed a spell and not really convinced Nyhuis will ever be a player. Shows up the lack of depth (of both talented youngsters and experienced depth) though. Only got Brayshaw, Cerra (and I guess Banfield) as first year players so we definitely should be winning this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DannyTheDoorman

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hajduk Split
I can't understand anyone knocking Tucker. 3rd year in and still learning the ropes. Top class citizen and hard worker . Whats not to like. Have a look at the boy on the other wing Langdon , fourth year in now and just coming to terms with whats needed.
Salim did you know Darcy Tucker (38 Docker games) has played more games than Ed Langdon (33) but Ed was out for a fair few games at the end of last year with a knee problem.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Salim did you know Darcy Tucker (38 Docker games) has played more games than Ed Langdon (33) but Ed was out for a fair few games at the end of last year with a knee problem.

I did but the extra pre season has really set Ed on the right course. Darcy with more games and then the extra pre season will see him take the next step as well. A lot to look forward to next season.

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
Meh Crowden always needed a spell and not really convinced Nyhuis will ever be a player. Shows up the lack of depth (of both talented youngsters and experienced depth) though. Only got Brayshaw, Cerra (and I guess Banfield) as first year players so we definitely should be winning this game.
We are younger than North -- they don't have any 1st year players.
We have 9 under 50 games and they have 7.

Rion

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
We are younger than North -- they don't have any 1st year players.
We have 9 under 50 games and they have 7.

We probably are younger. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be winning this one. Not much worth in losing a game at home while playing 5 30+ guys in a rebuild.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
North's spud shield thread is good for a laugh. So, SO many guys to choose from and they pick blokes like Ryan, Langdon and Blakely :huh:

Seems the footy world is very slow to cotton on to Langdon's meteoric rise this year.

We probably are younger. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be winning this one. Not much worth in losing a game at home while playing 5 30+ guys in a rebuild.

I feel like you're just preempting for a melt should we lose on Sunday. Is that too cynical? North are a better, more experienced team than us and should win, rain or not. We're not yet at the point where there are games we should "definitely win", outside of the Saints and Carlton.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
North's spud shield thread is good for a laugh. So, SO many guys to choose from and they pick blokes like Ryan, Langdon and Blakely :huh:

Seems the footy world is very slow to cotton on to Langdon's meteoric rise this year.

I feel like you're just preempting for a melt should we lose on Sunday. Is that too cynical? North are a better, more experienced team than us and should win, rain or not. We're not yet at the point where there are games we should "definitely win", outside of the Saints and Carlton.
Just had a look. The stupidity is real. You can tell they obviously don't watch other teams, Ryan, Langdon spuds?! Bitch please, you guys have Hartung in your team and possibly the least impactful captain in the AFL. Do I even need to mention Majak?

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle

I hope Danyle and Johnno tear 'em a new one for that. Seriously Ryan and Blakely are gun players and Ed is fast joining them.

Just read the thread. TBF, those people who nominated Blakely and Ryan got called out. Apparently Ed is fair game though.

Also North is much older and more experienced 22 than us, but we are at home and Optus is a cauldron (unless you are buddy). 50-50 IMO.

yakamoto

Club Legend
May 8, 2008
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don’t no about anyone else but I’m finding that playing a cluster of first year players week after week makes us really boring to watch. Apart from occasional flashes from Cerra they just run around not appearing to do very much. I would send them all back to Peel, selecting them for Freo if and when they show they can dominate at that level for more than a game here or there.
Good to see Danyle and Johnno back.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don’t no about anyone else but I’m finding that playing a cluster of first year players week after week makes us really boring to watch. Apart from occasional flashes from Cerra they just run around not appearing to do very much. I would send them all back to Peel, selecting them for Freo if and when they show they can dominate at that level for more than a game here or there.
Good to see Danyle and Johnno back.
Sorry, but I strongly disagree with literally everything you said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back