Prediction R10: Changes vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Carson Dial

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don’t no about anyone else but I’m finding that playing a cluster of first year players week after week makes us really boring to watch. Apart from occasional flashes from Cerra they just run around not appearing to do very much. I would send them all back to Peel, selecting them for Freo if and when they show they can dominate at that level for more than a game here or there.
Good to see Danyle and Johnno back.
We won’t grow and improve if we don’t give our youth the chance to experience AFL at the highest level. Otherwise we’ll just be left with an increasingly large group of burnt out servants of the club with nothing coming through to build a competitive side.

I don’t no about anyone else but I’m finding that playing a cluster of first year players week after week makes us really boring to watch. Apart from occasional flashes from Cerra they just run around not appearing to do very much. I would send them all back to Peel, selecting them for Freo if and when they show they can dominate at that level for more than a game here or there.
The * did I just read?

yakamoto

Club Legend
May 8, 2008
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
That’s quite OK Mike. Please don’t apologise for disagreeing re the youngsters.
There was a certain novelty factor when they were initially selected which made them somewhat interesting to watch. However I think they would each be well served by spending time at Peel learning to find the ball.
The team as a whole would also benefit by having a couple of extra mature bodies to share the load even if they are Sherro and Sutcliffe.
Hopefully selection will become more performance based if Brad, Harley, Tabs and Spurry return to fitness.

FUS_RO_DAH

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2012
Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
Fremantle
There was a certain novelty factor when they were initially selected which made them somewhat interesting to watch. However I think they would each be well served by spending time at Peel learning to find the ball.
The team as a whole would also benefit by having a couple of extra mature bodies to share the load even if they are Sherro and Sutcliffe.
Hopefully selection will become more performance based if Brad, Harley, Tabs and Spurry return to fitness.
Whilst I disagree with you, I get what you're saying Yak.

I feel like last year we tipped the scales in favour of youth too much and subsequently got touched up in 100+ point losses.

A rebuild is tricky, it seems. Finding the perfect sweet spot between pumping games into the youngsters and being competitive is imperative. Which is why I have no issue with us bringing in D.Pearce or Sherro on occasion to help the youngsters. Even Kersten in as a forward to help poor Dardy out a bit.

Also no issue with Crowden being dropped. Gave him a few games in a row so he can see what's required, did a few good things, stuffed up a few times = no worries. Go back to Peel and find the pill and work on a few things. Will be a very handy player... Or not, but we won't know for sure for another 3 years. People writing he or Banfield off already is hilarious.

Jan 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ok but even if you were to drop them back to Peel, who would you bring in for them? Sheridan? About as bland as it comes.

Rion

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I feel like you're just preempting for a melt should we lose on Sunday. Is that too cynical? North are a better, more experienced team than us and should win, rain or not. We're not yet at the point where there are games we should "definitely win", outside of the Saints and Carlton.

Some games are more important than others. It's going to be a very, very dreary crowd if it buckets down with rain while we sit there watching our team lose to North (who won't make the 8). Need something to gee us up after the controversies and Richmond/Sydney games (+ the pretty average St Kilda performance if you're being harsh).

maka

All Australian
Jan 15, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
enjoy Saturday as tomorrow will be miserable, howtf is Cam still holding his spot

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cam's holding his spot because he's been asked to play a role completely unsuited to his game...and there's literally no one else ready to step in and help him out or replace him.

I don't know why people are so stunned that he looked fantastic at the start of the year when Taberner was playing and has now gone to s**t in a dysfunctional forward line.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
You’re funny

MrDanggazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I know this is a Changes thread for this week but surely we can pencil Giro in for his debut next week

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I know this is a Changes thread for this week but surely we can pencil Giro in for his debut next week

Bit early to call out: Pearce

Giro’s possibly first in line for any youngsters or small that has a poor game tomorrow.
If it’s a tall Kersten probably next in line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foleybrau

Debutant
May 1, 2015
Maylands, Western Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bit of talk about not staying the course with the youngsters......we have to play the long game, the future is bright. I know wet toast are dominating now and it's painful to watch, but it's a flash in the pan, the wheels will come off and they will suddenly look old and slow, with nothing coming up from underneath.

We are set for sustained success with this rebuild (pending a tall fwd). With or without Ross he has already set the foundations.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cam's holding his spot because he's been asked to play a role completely unsuited to his game...and there's literally no one else ready to step in and help him out or replace him.

I don't know why people are so stunned that he looked fantastic at the start of the year when Taberner was playing and has now gone to s**t in a dysfunctional forward line.
A. Cam has never, ever looked fantastic for Fremantle.
B. So wait, lets send this message to the players - Cam mate, your playing s**t but its all good, we don't have a replacement, so you're punishment is staying in our 22, please learn your lesson, everyone else is better perform though!'

Guaranteed if Cam played for another team and wasn't a passionate Freo fan, most people on here would call him overrated and average. Jack Darling cops it on here, yet how many goals has he kicked in his career? His marking in his early years was far, far better than McCarthys, yet he cops rubbish here while people use every excuse they can find for McCarthy. Double standards and bias at its finest.

Sep 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
A. Cam has never, ever looked fantastic for Fremantle.
B. So wait, lets send this message to the players - Cam mate, your playing s**t but its all good, we don't have a replacement, so you're punishment is staying in our 22, please learn your lesson, everyone else is better perform though!'

Guaranteed if Cam played for another team and wasn't a passionate Freo fan, most people on here would call him overrated and average. Jack Darling cops it on here, yet how many goals has he kicked in his career? His marking in his early years was far, far better than McCarthys, yet he cops rubbish here while people use every excuse they can find for McCarthy. Double standards and bias at its finest.

Cam would be looking better if we had a forward line. He needs two other talls to work with. He is not a no 1 tall forward he's a third.

If we add Ape and Tabs his numbers and output would improve.

Galvo

Senior List
Feb 11, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Taking the folks for their first ever Dockers game.

And no, we’re not undercover :(

You can stand at the bars at the back of the lower blocks. They are undercover and if you can get there early enough you can get one around centre wing which gives you a great view of the game.

Drinks, food and toilets are all just behind you

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sooooo.....

If we win today we go ahead of GWS on the ladder after round 10. Who thought that would be possible at the start of the year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back