Prediction R10: Changes vs North Melbourne

cp3_jr

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Am a Crowden fan but does need a rest and a chance to go back and play midfield for Peel. Nightmare game for all our small forwards though with the delivery and lack of structure. Hamling looks as though he will be an out unfortunately too.

A couple of debutants will hopefully bring some added Run (Giro) and size forward (Strnadica).

In: Giro, Strnadica, Hill (if fit)
Out: Crowden, Hamling (Inj), Banfield (rest)

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Not many people are demanding selection, Might as well rotate the kids. There will be at least 3 changes this week.

Luke Strnadica got 12 disposals, 2 goals and 18 hit outs. Michael Apeness got 6 disposals 1 goal and 32 hit outs. Bring one of them in to play up forward 75-80%of the game and Ruck 20-25% of the game while Sandi Rucks 75-80% of the game and play 20-25% up forward. Goldstein and Ben Brown will be the 2 main rucks for north.

Hamling is concussed put Cox Back there. If Crowden or Banfield gets out, Giro in. Hughes might get a game for freo this week. I don't know if Stephen Hill will be ready

Out: Hamling (inj), Crowden, Banfield

In: Hughes, Giro, Strnadica/Apeness

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I honestly think we are better off letting Cox develop as a forward. We need forwards far more than we need defenders. He's shown enough promise as a forward to keep that experiment going. We have Pearce, Hamling and Logue for key defenders for the next 8 years.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
I honestly think we are better off letting Cox develop as a forward. We need forwards far more than we need defenders. He's shown enough promise as a forward to keep that experiment going. We have Pearce, Hamling and Logue for key defenders for the next 8 years.
I wouldn't mind him play the westoff role to be honest

Ross said in his press conference that they thought Crowden should have come out of the team this week but they are sticking with the young player plan, play the kids.

He also said if there was a young player at Peel who did well then they will look to carry that selection "narrative" through.

So;
In Giro, Strnadica
Out Crowden, Hamling

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ross said in his press conference that they thought Crowden should have come out of the team this week but they are sticking with the young player plan, play the kids.

He also said if there was a young player at Peel who did well then they will look to carry that selection "narrative" through.

So;
In Giro, Strnadica
Out Crowden, Hamling
We need to at least see if we have anything to work with our rucks, and if playing Kersten at Peel has had the same
result as Tabs.
Kersten the swingman, AFL body, if he gets a chance has to show he wants it.

DeanS

Club Legend
May 16, 2007
Tuart Hill
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
I don't get why people are calling for Strnadica to come in. He's done nothing at Peel to demand selection.
What are people basing this suggested selection on? Blind hope?

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
We won't see crowden i dont think judging from Ross comments in the presser. Very rare for him mention that he thought he shouldn't have played in the presser pretty much admitting they made a mistake.

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
We won't see crowden i dont think judging from Ross comments in the presser. Very rare for him mention that he thought he shouldn't have played in the presser pretty much admitting they made a mistake.

Which is crap because it’s a game plan issue not a player issue that made him very noticeably absent tonight. A run on the ball and he would have had 6-10 tackles and some nice pressure acts to support Neale and Fyfe and Mundy who were so often in a wave of traffic and finding it difficult to get clean disposal.

If he doesn’t have the tank then fine but otherwise this one is on the coaching panel.

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Send mccarthy back to peel so he can learn to (a) dish off by hand to a free player in the goal square or (b) kick goals from 15m out. Thats 2 weeks in a row he couldnt do either. You take the kick in that situation u have no option but to kick the goal. Full stop.

Was Walters that didn’t give to mccarthy at close range then missed. McCarthy just missed a gimme.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Always hard to drop players if no one at Peel
Is demanding a game. But for mine Crowden, and McCarthy don’t deserve a game next week. Ballas and Matera not far behind.

They just came up against a team that could possibly shake the likes of Carlton and Saints..I was there live against Claremont two weeks back and saw plenty of good signs for a debut or Two.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't get why people are calling for Strnadica to come in. He's done nothing at Peel to demand selection.
What are people basing this suggested selection on? Blind hope?
Nads is a forward/ruck, not a makeshift pinch-hitter. A forward line of McCarthy, Walters, Balla, Matera, and our delivery
Is bomb it long?
Nads with Cox gives us a tall presence, structure, Sandi is 36 this year, do we want to break him?
The cupboard is bare with Tabs, Dixon, Darcy injured.
If we use Cox in the ruck then there is a hole in the forward line, if not do we want Fyfe rucking?

Back