Preview R11: Changes v Richmond

Predict the free kick count

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

not really far off it though. This weekend, my only preferred changes are Mackay and Kelly out for Hamill and Worrell. I can make a case for Kelly remaining though. It's really only selecting Mackay that is mystifying given we're meant to be in a rebuild and he's keeping out Hamill.

I mean, the rest is ok. It's a good blend of youth and experienced guys.

I could live with Worrell not coming in for Kelly this week. I don't have a lot of time for Kelly as a footballer, but dropping him on his 100th week when he hasn't been horrible is a tad too cold for me. Mackay should have gone to the sub as a case of "oh look, our best 22 player has responded in the SANFL, time to go back to your station" move.

Last edited:
Who else should be the sub? The best 22 shouldn’t change after last game, so who else gets the gig?

The answer for the sub, every week, starts and ends at Mackay. Unless if he's injured, in which case you just play Mackay as the sub and don't activate him. The only other person you should consider is Ben Davis, because we're delisting him at seasons end, but honestly David would offer a lot more in the role because he's an old guy who has been there and done that.

You're in a rebuild, and the sub is not a role that helps anyone in our situation. It should only be given to people who won't be on our list next year.

Last edited:
It’s a stretch, Hamill isn’t struggling from a lack of game time either.

He is missing most of, if not all of a game that he wouldn't of otherwise.

That's not helping a kid who is building to get back into our lineup. That just means we're wasting more time until Hamill is back in the best 22, where he should be this week.

Who else should be the sub? The best 22 shouldn’t change after last game, so who else gets the gig?

never change a winning team hey? The dumbest, most infantile and simplistic belief ever put forward with regards to selection strategy. So you'd not have Tex return if we'd beaten west coast? Or had Sloane missed this week with gastro, you keep him out too. Don't be an idiot, they'd be straight back 8n each and every time. So don't talk rubbish.

The issue I have with having Hamill sub this week is that our selection committee will automatically rule a line through his name for next week due to lack of continuity (gametime). In essence he's being punished for his standout game in the SANFL last week - McPherson by default becomes more of a chance of getting an AFL game next week.

Mackay was one of our best players last week, by replacing him with Hamill we aren’t making the winning side any better. This board just loves to complain, even after one of the best wins this club has ever had, it’s exhausting.
Mackay did some alright things but if you think he was one of our best last week youre delusional.

And at the end of the day.. Even if mookay was our best on ground last week... playing him in front of Hamill is the *n dumbest s**t a rebuilding club could do.

Just a ridiculous waste.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mackay was one of our best players last week, by replacing him with Hamill we aren’t making the winning side any better. This board just loves to complain, even after one of the best wins this club has ever had, it’s exhausting.
There is no upside in selecting McKay. He’s a stop gap for a gap that doesn’t need to be filled.

Best players wowee. He was better but still full of turnovers. Is that all we can hope for of a 200 game player? That's probably the first time he has played to an acceptable level all year.

It's simple, his last month as a whole was awful and Hamill had a game in the SANFL that deserves to be rewarded.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Chance Jones named at CHB and Murray in the pocket.... Why can’t they list them where they’re actually going to play?

One of our best wins, that’s ridiculous!

The Bored Member from Port McDonnell only had a handful of posts in the GBU against Melbourne. A couple re the free that Melbourne should have received, one praising Oliver and a couple pointing out how poor Sloaney played in the first three quarters.

Not a single comment about the good things done by our KIDS or the great efforts of our handful of experienced players. Not even worth a comment from 1970Crow but fifty posts a week about the disgrace of playing Mackay are his usual valuable contribution.

Not to worry, I am sure the posts will come thick and fast after we lose to the reigning Premiers.

Back