Prediction R11 Changes V Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I just went and read their preview.

Jesus H Christ, delusional as it gets... Literally bringing up irrelevant topics like the outstanding court-case the club is going through to make themselves somehow feel better about 2016? What the heck is wrong with them?
Yeah, when you have to reach hard for something irrelevant. It shows childish desperation. Oh well, we have the flag, they don't. Should have rocked up and played better.

No way JUH gets dropped. Sure, I get some of his efforts are poor but his main problem is kicking straight. Should have had kicked 3 against GWS. There is so much potential there and he plays his best footy at Marvel if he has his kicking boots on he could be the difference.
If his performances this year at Docklands are his best footy I'd hate to see what his bad efforts there are like, he's done nothing all year and needs a wake up call

Jesus H Christ, delusional as it gets... Literally bringing up irrelevant topics like the outstanding court-case the club is going through to make themselves somehow feel better about 2016? What the heck is wrong with them?
They really couldn't be more cocky and their obsession with 2016 seems to actually be growing. That's a sad life to live.

For some reason I got a push notification for the Swans preview.

Had a read. So glad we are still in their heads, almost thought they’d moved on.

For some reason I got a push notification for the Swans preview.

Had a read. So glad we are still in their heads, almost thought they’d moved on.
Holy crap, just read it also. What a pathetic load of drivel. I had locked in an honorable loss this week and wasn't overly concerned, but after reading that - god I hope we show up and rub some salt into their wounds (which they seem intent on continually picking the scabs off).

Ain’t no way you’re dropping Gags and JOD after last night. Are people watching the same game??
I think the only way that there are changes is through load management. No-one had a bad game imo, including JUH. Didn't kick that straight but contested well.

But I think load management of players is definitely on the table given the next opponent, the wet slog they just played in, the 5 day turn around and the age of some of the participants.

Who gets managed will be revealed on Bevo's Selection Bingo cards on Wednesday night (wish I could find that post).

If his performances this year at Docklands are his best footy I'd hate to see what his bad efforts there are like, he's done nothing all year and needs a wake up call

Yes, has not nailed it at Marvel yet this season but remember 2 five goals hauls in recent years against the lions and dees that won us both games. I am backing him on this week if he has a shocker then maybe he gets dropped.

Last edited:
Marra has been terrible. Lobb has been good in the vfl (as you’d hope of him). Generating shots is fine and well but being the least forward in the comp detracts from that. Not only that but Marra’s play generally has been off.

On a selection integrity basis you’d have to make the switch. I wouldn’t complain.

But would be surprised if it happened. There are legit reasons for keeping Marra in. Each game into him now is part of the investment going forward while Lobb may not even be here next season. Dropping him may do his confidence more harm than good. And he’s got the level of talent where you kind of have to trust that he’ll get himself out of the slump. he’ll still worry Sydney a lot.

See both sides here. Would probably make the switch given it’s a really important game, and Lobb at this point has a higher floor but a lower ceiling; that provides some level of reliability/consistency while making it unlikely Lobb kicks a bag of 5 like Marra could.

But wouldn’t be surprised to see Marra stay in and for him to do well. A lot easier under the roof at Marvel.

They're a troubled bunch the Swans supporters, but at the end of the day it's an NRL state, if I shared an opinion on the Melbourne Storm (a team I'm a default supporter of due to my location, much like an overwhelming majority of Swans fans) 95% of it would be common gibberish to the common fan of that sport, so I flip that scenario and apply it to them and myself.

Using a historical sexual assault situation for points scoring is equally disappointing and distasteful, that shouldn't be a reflection of their club, just those that opt to tow that line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love to beat the swans and the free kick count 20 to 8 our favour their board would blow up. On a different subject not sure why ADZ does not get the love he deserves he would be leading our B&F easily. His disposals this season are 32, 27, 35,37,28,31,29,33,41,35. Disposals are not everything and he can turn it over sometimes but I think he been great pick up for us and he is committed to playing out his career with us.

“It will feel like a home game. I reckon there will be a huge turn out of Bloods fans. It is likely we will have the numbers and certainly a louder voice.”

lollllll

That thread tells me one thing and it’s that losing the flag to us in 2016 actually boiled their brains. It’s permanent.

Deffinetly not this week. He has to be ticked off by the AFLs medical team.
Who would Libba listen to I wonder if the AFL medical panel clear him? Who is the person in his life that says, they cleared you but don't, please, the world needs you compos mentis for as long as possible. His Mrs perhaps. Nonna?

My ideal scenario would be a comfortable victory, say 3-4 goals.

I wouldn't be averse however, to the game entering the last minute, Swans holding a couple of points lead, free kick count in our favour 25-4.
Dubious free paid to us just on our 50m arc (name your recipient, I'm not fussed). An even more dubious 50m penalty paid as siren begins to sound, winning goal kicked from 1m out after the siren. Many more years of bitterness and conspiracy generated, while we all move on... again.

Anyhoo, whichever 22/23 take the field Thursday night... go get 'em Woofers, and stick it right up 'em! 🔴⚪🔵

Thought Gallagher was ok ? Freijah needs game time to build confidence, reminded me a bit of Lewis Young early days but Had really good kick on him

Vandermeer on the other hand ? Kicked a goal when he was actually backing away from ball

gags looked like he was tagging Greene later in the game, but Im not sure when he went to him. Probably from the start. Didnt work too well

Last edited:
Bramble out for me. Lost lots of contests and disposal is poor. JJ if he’s recovered or maybe Scott as a close like for like.

he might do something good, but he might fail miserably, whether its bad disposal, or being brushed aside fighting for the ball.

its a real dice roll situation from contest to contest with him. Cleary similar.

Can we carry two of these guys in defence? JJ hasnt been setting the world on fire either, but I have slightly more faith that he knows how to halve a contest.

Marra has been terrible. Lobb has been good in the vfl (as you’d hope of him). Generating shots is fine and well but being the least forward in the comp detracts from that. Not only that but Marra’s play generally has been off.

On a selection integrity basis you’d have to make the switch. I wouldn’t complain.

But would be surprised if it happened. There are legit reasons for keeping Marra in. Each game into him now is part of the investment going forward while Lobb may not even be here next season. Dropping him may do his confidence more harm than good. And he’s got the level of talent where you kind of have to trust that he’ll get himself out of the slump. he’ll still worry Sydney a lot.

See both sides here. Would probably make the switch given it’s a really important game, and Lobb at this point has a higher floor but a lower ceiling; that provides some level of reliability/consistency while making it unlikely Lobb kicks a bag of 5 like Marra could.

But wouldn’t be surprised to see Marra stay in and for him to do well. A lot easier under the roof at Marvel.
Jamarra was also our only player to make multiple tackles inside 50.

Our entire team laid 10 tackles i50, of which he stuck 3.

Whilst he's working hard on those things, he's not getting dropped.

We are being completely written off by every single desktop warrior on BF and other "experts".

Would be funny to somehow win. I'm sure there would be plenty of excuses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back