Prediction R11 Changes V Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Love to beat the swans and the free kick count 20 to 8 our favour their board would blow up. On a different subject not sure why ADZ does not get the love he deserves he would be leading our B&F easily. His disposals this season are 32, 27, 35,37,28,31,29,33,41,35. Disposals are not everything and he can turn it over sometimes but I think he been great pick up for us and he is committed to playing out his career with us.
I actually thought he was below par in the first round based on his defensive efforts. He's been outstanding since then. I'm not sure I've ever seen him smother and tap so much, really doing the 1%ers this season and leading from the front.

Jamarra was also our only player to make multiple tackles inside 50.

Our entire team laid 10 tackles i50, of which he stuck 3.

Whilst he's working hard on those things, he's not getting dropped.
Yep. I love Darcy but he doesn't apply the defensive pressure Naughts and Marra do and I'm not keen on playing Lobb and Darcy together against a team with Blakey in it, who is probably my favourite non-Bulldog player.

Haven't seen heaps of footy this year, but what I've seen of the Swans is scary. They all seem so fast.

We are being completely written off by every single desktop warrior on BF and other "experts".

Would be funny to somehow win. I'm sure there would be plenty of excuses.

Play smart, be efficient, have a plan, play the whole game with no lapses and we will be there when the whips are cracking.

We are being completely written off by every single desktop warrior on BF and other "experts".

Would be funny to somehow win. I'm sure there would be plenty of excuses.
Are you surprised? Premiership favourites that are a game and a half clear on top of the ladder vs a team that's lost four more games and hasn't really beaten a top team yet. Of course we're not favourites.

Are you surprised? Premiership favourites that are a game and a half clear on top of the ladder vs a team that's lost four more games and hasn't really beaten a top team yet. Of course we're not favourites.
I mean ... the plastics are 4th favourite for the flag but I'm sure we can make an excuse for them there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My daughter (first child) was born on the 10th of May 2024.

We've won two games since.

I can't see us losing another game this year based on this highly technical indicator.

Congratulations Royale !

I'd also recommend whatever game day routine you've followed since then should be maintained... indefinitely! 😄

Really think this is the type of game you need a manage a few with a 5 day break and VFL team flying, but I really don't know who.

Out: Keath, Gallagher, Vandarmeer (all rested/managed), Bramble (omitted)
In: Daniel, Poulter, Buss, Clarke
Maybe given Sanders for Macrae too

Five day break off wet contested conditions we need some fresh legs if we are any chance, understand it's hard to make any changes after smashing a team though.

Yesterday was the 45th anniversary of the one and only match my parents saw while visiting me in Melbourne in 1979. We were 1-1-4 at the time.We beat South Melbourne 149 to 101 at the Western Oval.Templeton kicked 8 goals.

The Swans banner that day read:
"HOW MUCH IS THAT DOGGIE IN THE GUTTER?"

I have never associated "class" with South Melbourne/Sydney Swans since that day. We finished ninth that year. South finished tenth.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bloods culture is as nauseating as Shinboner spirit. Not much Bloods culture in the early 80’s when they couldn’t draw a crowd and they were shipped off to Sydney.

Having watched a few games, the Swans best is better than anyone else’s best so far in 2024. Will be a massive challenge because they are looking in great nick.
On Marra, I think he is trying to figure out his role. When he didn’t play, Naughton started owning the forward line and has continued in the same vein. Darcy is marking everything deep. Where does that leave Marra? I think he’s trying to figure out how he fits in when the other 2 are in such good touch. However, even though he isn’t getting a lick of the ice cream (in Bevo talk), that shouldn’t stop him from working hard, competing and attacking because the puzzle will be easier to solve if he is proactive rather than hanging back with uncertainty.

I think the short turnaround shouldn't necessarily factor in other than probably switching Caleb around with one of Bramble, Gallagher or Freijah.

Bramble hasn't been horrendous but is probably on the brink. The flaws pointed out by Hawks supporters are appearing.

Gallagher has the speed and versatility to be a good sub and has looked a little flat lately.

Freijah is 2 games in going against a pretty ruthless Swans outfit.

Caleb's form hasn't been great but I don't think he's a good choice as sub generally and would hope he would be more composed in a tougher game than the 3 above candidates.

If we can win this one it evens up one of the crappy games we've lost and things start looking a touch more hopeful.

Bloods culture is as nauseating as Shinboner spirit. Not much Bloods culture in the early 80’s when they couldn’t draw a crowd and they were shipped off to Sydney.

This. This.

So much this.

The only thing Bloods culture and Shinboner Spirit should stand for is that whininess of both supporter bases.

How do we beat the swans. Well, that is not easy we need a good game plan and back it up by playing well. This is what I would do. We need to tag one of Guildon, Heaney or Warner. I would probably go Warner because of his run and carry and the one with the speed in the midfield to do that is Red. Also, VDM must play defensive forward om Blakely.

Our advantage over them is our tall forwards so we need to win our share of the midfield and move the ball quickly on transition to take advantage. It will be risk for reward that can set us up for a win. By moving the ball quickly you risk turning it over. It is a risk we need to take and we hope we execute on the night if we do not we lose but we lose for sure if we go slow.

Playing both Freijan and Cleary could be a problem on their smalls and mid forwards but they both earned their spots last week.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back