Prediction R11: Changes vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Really happy with these changes! Could be a lot of enthusiasm and energy needed for an upset win..

Is cox safe? Or is Matera the 6th our?

Isn't that the same reasoning we use for keeping on the oldies in the senior team? I'd love us to recruit 3/4 of the best lower league players each year for Peel. At worst they create a great environment for our youngsters to grow, at best we've found some late gems for the senior team.
No it's not. Those 'oldies' have played games. I believe that he is suggesting we should keep Collins on the list to ONLY play WAFL. That is madness, why would you keep a bloke on your list who would be a designated Peel player? Plus we're talking about Collins here, who is not of AFL standard anyway!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Cox + Apeness + Jones (with Cam) too tall and lumbering? Not a whole lot of athleticism there. Wonder if Ross explicitly said Matera was out or if someone from the starting 18 was cut instead?

I agree the above is a fair point, but I can see Cerra, Blakely Tabs (on long leads), Logue and Ryan (off half back) helping improve our transitional marking in the not too distant future.

Agree, whilst Fyfe is elite as a link up option across the midfield it does make our game plan very predictable which is kick up the line to Fyfe or Sandi. If we have several options it spreads the opposition and ultimately should open up better transition forward.

Well that’s certainly drastic. Love it though. It’s been pretty obvious the current mix hasn’t been going well, try something new.

Matera is maybe a step too far but he probably hasn’t been living up to his potential offensively or defensively.

Well that’s certainly drastic. Love it though. It’s been pretty obvious the current mix hasn’t been going well, try something new.

Matera is maybe a step too far but he probably hasn’t been living up to his potential offensively or defensively.

Ironically with two rucks in he'd probably benefit from the set up.

Why persist with Sheridan might as go the whole hog and play Crowden as well

We have been terrible in the forward line for tackling pressure and this week could be worse. At least Crowden can tackle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back