Prediction R11: Changes vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Intrigued to see Kerten down back, hopefully he plays well, though it seems we're too tall down back this week. Not happy with Matera being axed. Happy to see Giro debut, I've missed the Ape and hope he gets a good run at it.
Kersten plays more like a small than a tall, despite his size.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

The ape has been released

I'm another who thinks we need two to replace Sandi especially with Apeness still building from injury.

Out: Sandi, Ballantyne or DPearce (gotta lose someone for the extra tall), Hill, MJ

In: Apeness, Nads/Jones, Giro, Duman/ Kersten

Stupidly tall and immobile forward 6 but so sick of the same plan.

Cox, McCarthy, resting ruck with Matera, Cerra, Walters/Banfield/Mundy rotating

Leave Fyfe midfield.

Absolutely expect only one ruck to be chosen and Ballantyne and MJ to hold their spots.

Cant complain, got all the changes I wanted and a bit more, but whats with dropping Matera? Would have thought he was well down our list of problems. Regardless of what he has scored he's often looked as interested as anyone up forward (Walters aside).

This’ll be the game we look back on and say “huh?! This is how we look with a forward line... why haven’t we been doing this since 1995?”

I won’t be surprised if we kick 100+ points with a dominant midfield, ruckman whose taps won’t be easily read and tall forwards in the forward line.

Geez Ross just can't change - still playing his favourites and not giving the kids a chance.

What? Ballas and Johnno out? Nah a misprint surely.

Well he never changes our structures. Playing 2 ruckmen? With Cox and Kersten both in the team? Holy s**t things are getting interesting.

I love this. I think Kersten as a Johnno replacement could be a win. More penetrating kick and quick. Jones and Ape as a ruck combo is two BIG units for Grundy to battle against. Giro has earned a shot at it.

I don't care about the result as long as the boys have a red hot crack and show something.

I don't care about the result as long as the boys have a red hot crack and show something.

You're obviously new.

You get sick of saying this after a few years.

He's named as FF!! Think he's the only Indigenous player as well. Is he taking the best defender for Kersten? Or is the team line ups for giggles? I'd rather have Johnson thrown in as a forward than Kersten if he plays in forward line.

Also feel for Matera who started the season with a new team really well, good goal sense then when he concentrated on what Ross wanted him to do his goals and game went south.

View attachment 505528

I don’t understand the mathematics of ‘double down’. I would have thought that ‘double up’ means twice as much(more) and ‘double down’ if it means anything would be half as much.:oops:

The term "double down" comes from Blackjack. It's what it's called when you double your bet because your odds of winning increased. (i.e. when you have 9,10 or 11 vs a dealer showing a 9 or less, you can "double down", doubling your bet, but only receiving one card).

Geez Ross just can't change - still playing his favourites and not giving the kids a chance.

What? Ballas and Johnno out? Nah a misprint surely.

You realise it's round 11 and they've been s**t for the best part of 2 years right?

Ross Lyon gets credit from guys like you for making changes he should have made years ago, and you make posts as if he's a genius and the people who criticise him are idiots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You realise it's round 11 and they've been s**t for the best part of 2 years right?

Ross Lyon gets credit from guys like you for making changes he should have made years ago, and you make posts as if he's a genius and the people who criticise him are idiots.

ZqSGbBu.jpg

Its not like Lyon has been playing the old guard all year either. Still cant fault us for being happy with another round of new faces.

What do we loudly whinge about in the ins and outs thread if we get smashed on Sunday? That'll be interesting, just hope there are a few 'atleast Giro looked good' caveats in there whatever happens.

View attachment 505671

Its not like Lyon has been playing the old guard all year either. Still cant fault us for being happy with another round of new faces.

What do we loudly whinge about in the ins and outs thread if we get smashed on Sunday? That'll be interesting, just hope there are a few 'atleast Giro looked good' caveats in there whatever happens.

I like the ins but wait and read the 'Giro is s**t' 'Jones is too slow for AFL' etc during the game day thread.

It won't take long for posters to turn on our first gamers.

Yep, its easy to look at a side on paper and think we're halfway, maybe even three quarters, into a rebuild.... lets just enjoy the ride.

Its a lot harder to enjoy the ride come round 11 :)

Changes he should have made years ago? When most of these guys were playing under 16s? Ross isn't a genius but he isn't an idiot either.

We built a list to have a tilt at a premiership and fell short. Now we're reshaping the list to have a chance at long term success. Kids get opportunities with some experience around them to teach them - like what you'd do of you were teaching someone in any other workplace.

Apeness has come back from (another) injury and is finally fit enough to have run at AFL level. I hope he can show he has something to offer. As I said Giro has earned his spot.

We've tried the Richmond one ruckman/small forward line model and now we're trying something different. Personally I prefer playing two genuine tall forwards but you do sacrifice some mobility. And like everyone else on here I don't have to front a press conference full of brain dead journos 10 minutes after dropping four points if I'm wrong.

Changes he should have made years ago? When most of these guys were playing under 16s? Ross isn't a genius but he isn't an idiot either.

We built a list to have a tilt at a premiership and fell short. Now we're reshaping the list to have a chance at long term success. Kids get opportunities with some experience around them to teach them - like what you'd do of you were teaching someone in any other workplace.

Apeness has come back from (another) injury and is finally fit enough to have run at AFL level. I hope he can show he has something to offer. As I said Giro has earned his spot.

We've tried the Richmond one ruckman/small forward line model and now we're trying something different. Personally I prefer playing two genuine tall forwards but you do sacrifice some mobility. And like everyone else on here I don't have to front a press conference full of brain dead journos 10 minutes after dropping four points if I'm wrong.

Yep agreed

You also can't delist everyone at once. If Freo delisted Ballas, Johnno and Pearce last season then what would Freo have replaced them with late in the draft?

Maybe a few very average 18 year old.

You also need some experience come game day. Look at Carlton the young guys have talent but are getting pumped and don't have players around them to learn off.

Ross and the match committee and recruitment team have planned this out.

He is playing youth and he is trying to ease them in so they have a long career.

Some posters want blood but can't see the bigger picture as they have tunnel vision.

Like the changes , didn’t want to admit but Johnson looking very slow and Ballas mind on his skills is in 2013 but body and balance is not. Unfortunately I’m concerned that we are now in full rebuild not partial and Fyfe can only dominate contests for so long before his body can’t handle it. 3 years minimum before we can contend.

All that aside I think Giro will be good for Freo

He has played well for Peel and has the skills for AFL.

I'm not sold on Jones but Darcey will be our main ruck soon enough.
This may be one of Jones’s only opportunities at AFL level so you’d like to think he’d give it a red hot go. As for Giro, some posters say he’s too small but I think he will surprise many with his ability and athleticism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back