Prediction R11: Changes vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Swap Johnson for Kersten. Give Sandi a rest , play The best Rick we have .

Giro and Hughes should be considered for likes of Ballas, Tucker, Matera who under performed.

We are crying out for some more class in our forward line .
If the melts are bad this week see how they are if we dont play Sandi against Grundy, we will get torn apart playing a player that has been injured for 4 seasons and played about 3 or 4 games in the ruck against one of the star ruckman in the competition on their home ground. Unfortunately injury may mean we have no choice.

Out - Sandi (rest definitely), Tucker, Ballas, Johnson and D.Pearce
In - Giro, Apeness, Strnadnica, Jones and North
Bennell maybe? Cox on thin ice.

We really miss Taberner as we appear rudderless without him... next draft ... TALLS please!

Out - Sandi (rest definitely), Tucker, Ballas, Johnson and D.Pearce
In - Giro, Apeness, Strnadnica, Jones and North
Bennell maybe? Cox on thin ice.

We really miss Taberner as we appear rudderless without him... next draft ... TALLS please!
The problem with drafting talls is it will take 3-5 years for them to do anything, need trades and free agents

watch him tear us up next week. Him on the wing is better then Tucker right now.
I'm for Bennell playing. Couldn't care if he is benched. Really nothing else to do
I would say the main (pun intended) reason Mayne is playing well now is because he was given an extended time in the reserves out of the limelight and is now being tried in a different and more creative role.
Ross just sends his favourites out every week in the same spot till they're shadows, which is what Mayne became.

If the melts are bad this week see how they are if we dont play Sandi against Grundy, we will get torn apart playing a player that has been injured for 4 seasons and played about 3 or 4 games in the ruck against one of the star ruckman in the competition on their home ground. Unfortunately injury may mean we have no choice.
He needs a rest, Grundy would run him into the ground. Not sure we a Wafl ruck who could get close either.

The problem with drafting talls is it will take 3-5 years for them to do anything, need trades and free agents
yeah I agree with the concept however this has not been been working for us for many many years now.... we need to take the punt in the draft ... a player of the Fogarty type would have been a nice addition and probably would have started paying dividends in 2-3 years.
Having said all that we got 2 really good players in Brayshaw and Cerra

I’ll decide my ins and outs later, but obviously the old blokes are making way judging from Ross’s Presser. Imo there needs to be a few changes to that Fwd line of ours. My first game at Optus this year and possibly last, Disappointed in the lack of voice from block 516-518. Felt like a fish out of water at times.

Listening to the Peel game yesterday there's not too many putting their hand up.

Out: Sandi (inj), Johnson, Ballantyne.

In: Apeness, Duman, Giro.

I love Tucker but if Tom North had a bigger impact I'd be swapping them too.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sure we don't have any good KPFs in the side, but having so many short people up the field only compounds this. A lot of our terrible ball movement occurs when someone looks up and sees Ballantyne and/or Matera. They aren't really providing any crumbing (partly because of our gameplan/structure) nor lay many forward tackles. And are usually near the bottom of the possession list. I don't really know what purpose they serve.

Our chances of being competitive this season just took a beating, lets just back in the kids. If our problem is that we aren't experienced enough we've got to embrace it and get that period of our development over with as quickly as possible. Going at it half-half as we currently are with the 5 30 yr old's just mean we'll be stuck in this halfway house situation for even longer and waste the peak years of Fyfe and Walters.

In: Giro, Hughes, Duman, Ape/Nads
Out: Ballas, Johnson, DP, Sandi (if concussed)

Crowden, Logue and Bennell to get selected in the next couple of weeks when they're ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd probably rather see Ballantyne stay in than see him dropped for Kersten. The ultimate nothing player.

Ballantyne should go out for a tall. So we can see what happens when we play a tall forward line, something we haven't done since Kepler Bradley last played.

Looooool

Ballas crossed the ball 30 metres near their 50m mark and turned it straight over. His field kicking is poor.

Kersten has gone back to wafl like Tabs and worked hard on his game. He is looking terrific down back for Peel. Against East he was probably best on ground.

Great shut down speed and spoil. Pin point kicking and physical pressure.

You don't even watch Peel.

We’ll need two of the talls minimum.

Grundy will run Apeness or Jones/Strndanica into the ground.
We can’t have Cox in the ruck and Apeness on the bench.

Was thinking on the way home it may force Ross to play a deeper forward line. There’s no way the new talks will cope with up and back all game.

Lachie Neale was woeful today. His ball handling was just garbage.

If we swapped Stephen Hill in to the middle you could push Neale Forward a bit.

Out: Sandi (Inj), Johnson, Ballantyne, D.Pearce, Tucker
In: Apeness, Strnadnica/Jones, Giro, North, Hughes

Just roll the ******* dice on a different structure. Please!

Agree!
Rest Sandi - Play Apeness
Johnson out - Play Duman
Ballantyne out - Play Giro
D.Pearce out - Play Bennell

I also want Blakely on ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, he is too slow in the head to play back and his kicking is back to what it was in his Peel days. He hasn't progressed much this year. He has had a couple of good ones, but overall a bit disappointing. Maybe it is just how much the ball goes into our backline.

Cut the oldies already. Ballas should never play again, he's complete trash. D.Pearce? Not the worst but what the hell are we doing playing him? Johnson? Just lol.

I'd probably rather see Ballantyne stay in than see him dropped for Kersten. The ultimate nothing player.

Ballantyne should go out for a tall. So we can see what happens when we play a tall forward line, something we haven't done since Kepler Bradley last played.
Bit hash on calling kersten the ultimate nothing player. kicked 24 goals last season

Cut the oldies already. Ballas should never play again, he's complete trash. D.Pearce? Not the worst but what the hell are we doing playing him? Johnson? Just lol.
We don't want the young guys going into the games without a decent mature framework around them. We don't want their confidence destroyed. Trouble is some of the framework around them is part of the problem.

We don't want the young guys going into the games without a decent mature framework around them. We don't want their confidence destroyed. Trouble is some of the framework around them is part of the problem.

Agreed can't just have kids but the back line with Hammers and Pearce has enough experience and talent to cover Johnson not being around. Ballas offers absolutely nothing we don't need him there even to guide youngsters.

My current line of thought is;

Out: Johnson, Ballantyne, Pearce

In: Duman, Strnadica and Giro.

If Sandilands is unfit then give Apeness a go and prepare to watch the most one sided ruck duel you've seen since puberty.

Slim pickings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back