Preview R11: Changes vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Rankine a HUGE loss this weekend.

Kicks 2 or 3 as a minimum and sets up 2 or 3 as a minimum.

Effectively missing ~6+ goals for this match alone with him out. :embarrassedv1:
He actually only had one score involvement to 3 quarter time as a pure mid against Collingwood and then had 3 in the final quarter. I do get your point though and will obviously be a huge loss.

The Porpoise :cryv1:.

I loved that kid; his ability to gather on the run was peerless in his team. Such clean hands, strong/nuggety, bullet kick, great footy nous/awareness, coulda been anything but you're right, that shoulder (reconstructed 2011) held him back badly.
At least he got an SANFL Flag in 2015.
My other half had a shoulder reco. Turned me into a chauffer for 2 months. Had to move her to the half back flank, useless as a KPD after the op.

Our 7defenders were quite good last week so they stay (unless they need another tall defender and bring in Borlase (and move Nank to the wing).

Despite contrary opinions, I would drop Sholl rather than Jonesif we bring in an outside mid.

Since we will lose The Berg, I would bring in Strachan and play 2 rucks then sub one out half way through the third quarter (risky if we get an injury).

Next is line is Schoenberg and give Rachele more time on ball.

Out- Himmelberg, Rankine, McHenry

In - Strachan, Schoenberg, Pedlar

The Achilles tendon may have been a wake up call for Schoenberg. A stark reminder of how quickly things can be taken away.

Sounds like he's got serious with his fitness during recovery and has come back in decent nick in the SANFL.

Hopefully he gets a chance with Rankine out and takes it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to see Taylor get a game this week
Hey you can't rush these things. There is a staged process Taylor needs to go through before he gets his debut.

1. Play well for multiple weeks in the SANFL so reporter's start asking Nicks if he is close to selection, now Nicks knows your name.
2. Eventually you will be mentioned by Nicks as being close to selection but still not ready.
3. Gets to be part of the main team during the match practice at training, still not ready though.
4. Finally gets the reward of being named as emergency, obviously not going to come into the main side though if there is an injury.
5. Gets the all important travelling emergency role to be around the main group and get a taste for what it's like with the big boys.
6. Finally you are ready to get your debut. Likely to start as the sub or if lucky enough to start you will then be subbed out.
7. Dropped after 2 weeks for a more experienced player and you go back to step 1.

Nicks said "Dowling is who's everyone talking about" as a possible in but clearly he isn't talking about him lol. Did mention Rachele will get more midfield time.......

Official changes

In: Borlase, Schoenberg, Burgess, Strachan, Berry
Out: Himmelberg (injured), Rankine (injured)

Bench (3 to miss): Crouch, Hamill, Strachan, Cook, McHenry, Keays, Berry, Nankervis

Schoenberg, Borlase and Burgess named on the field so they will play, as will Murphy

Last edited:
From the bench I'm picking the starting interchange as Crouch, Berry, Nankervis and Cook

Keays dropped for his disastrous decision at the end of the Collingwood match, along with McHenry and Hamill

Strachan the sub, which I would activate 1 second into the match for O'Brien

Borlase into the 22, so assume Hamill is out.

It's a very yucky decision to choose a defense that includes both Butts and Borlase together, and Smith, and Jones

All while being completely unable to find a spot for Curtin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back