Preview R11: Changes vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Schoenberg plays.

Would prefer McMurphy out. But expect both to play.

Reckon Burgess for Himmelberg makes sense. Although Gollant probably a better option for the future. Gollant pinch hit Ruck craft gets the job done, his forward craft a concern.

Rachele needs to step up this week. Own that Rankine midfield spot for next 3 weeks. Plus Schoenberg.

Worst outcome would be Rankine out increases Laird/Crouch midfield combo.

These two together doesn't work, and the reason Crouch ToG is around 65 to 70%.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Genuine chance we revert to 4 man midfield with Rachelle getting very little time in there.

I'd like to hope that the sting of losing youth like Dowling to another club due to lack of opportunity would be a wake-up call, but our club seems to be filled with 24 caret morons who won't see the forest for the trees.
You think AFL clubs would be queueing up at this point?

How have Sydney gone from battling with us for 8th only a few months ago to the most dominant team in the competition this year?

Where have we gone wrong and they've gone right?

That darn umpire!

Take your pick
A) Coach who knows what they are doing
B) Good assistants
C) Sound Game Plan
D) Good Selection Strategies
E) All of the above

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m confused, you called someone Mr four touch two weeks ago then don’t mention them since.
Then claim someone who had 3 touches in a half was responsible for getting us back in it?
Against Poort Pear, Cook had 4 touches including ONE TOUCH after the 2 minutes mark of the first quarter. I said I had no problems if he was selected against Brisbane (11 touches).

On Saturday Cook played as a half forward (as did Murphy) for the first three quarters and was moved onto the wing when Sholl was subbed He had 14 touches and 3 score involvements. It is obvious to all (the cartel) that Cook played a Rippa and Murphy should be dropped?

Last edited:
I’m confused.

Last week the Cartel screamed that the selection of Hamill (and Murphy) was a crime against humanity. This week they are outraged that Hamill might be dropped (imho he won’t) and barely a word about Murphy.

The cartel were catatonic when Sholl was subbed off (he was standing Josh Daicos in the first three quarters 🥺) despite wanting him to be perma-banned all season.

that made up group of people really live rent free don't they old chap

Majority on this board have struggled to acknowledge Murphy actually had a good game against Collingwood. I am absolutely not a fan and did not agree with his selection to begin with, but need to give credit when due. I also didn't like the Hamill selection, but he was very good on Hill, that's why the Borlase inclusion makes zero sense.

Cook should be retained over McHenry too, actually thought he had his best game of the season as well.

At the game live and not being in a vegetative state on my couch watching it on the tellie while wiping twistie dust off my fingers (because you're supposed to mention this to seem cool to strangers on the internet) - Hamill was more than serviceable.

Murphy flashed in and out in the first half, did a couple of decent things, but as a leader did precisely the opposite to what a leader should do when the game was on the line, he disappeared.

That is unforgiveable, without even considering how mediocre he has been across the course of his career.

Against Poort Pear, Cook had 4 touches including ONE TOUCH after the 2 minutes mark of the first quarter. I said I had no problems if he was selected against Brisbane (11 touches).

On Saturday Cook played as a half forward (as did Murphy) for the first three quarters and was moved onto the wing when Sholl was subbed He had 14 touches and 3 score involvements. It is obvious to all (the cartel) that Cook played a Rippa and Murphy should be dropped?
No just wondering why you aren’t calling out a senior experienced player for a shit half, when the game was up for grabs or do you just enjoy whacking a sub 20 game player?
A senior player should be judged far harsher than an inexperienced player.

I'd be happy for Hamill to replace Jones.
Chayce is having a stinker of a year
I would prefer Curtin on the wing. Jones out.

Hamill is showing good signs as an actual small defender.

Did well against Bobby Hill last week.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back