Preview R11: Changes vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Screams Berry or Cook to me.

Cook is a risky one given how inconsistent he can be quarter to quarter though.
Seems like Berry is the likely choice. They've said Rachele will get more midfield minutes which presumably means Schoenberg will be sharing Rankine's midfield time with Rachele. Can't see they will have room for Berry on the field for the whole game as well.

Why the heck is Hamill dropped? Man this club stinks.
Playing well has no bearing on selection

Likewise, playing poorly has no bearing on selection

List of players with more than 50 games of experience that Matthew Nicks has dropped since start of 2022

Ned McHenry (x3)
Lachlan Sholl (x3)
Harry Schoenberg (x2)
Matt Crouch (x4)
Wayne Milera
Reilly O'Brien
Lachlan Murphy (x2)

A couple of these were barely over 50 games of experience

Envy.
Too much hair.

season 2 GIF

The coaches were raving about Hamills experience and good form only last week. He comes in and surprises us all by playing a very decent game.. then dropped.

The coaches are off their faces. Stinky, stinky selections as always.

Mcfumbles out is a plus, only took us 2 months.

Shoenberg in is like picking Hamill, he probably won't make it.

Burgess is a waste of time.

Laird, Rob, Smith, Jones all starting is disgusting.

This is the worst Crows era ever.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

List of players with more than 50 games of experience that Matthew Nicks has dropped since start of 2022

Ned McHenry (x3)
Lachlan Sholl (x3)
Harry Schoenberg (x2)
Matt Crouch (x4)
Wayne Milera
Reilly O'Brien
Lachlan Murphy (x2)

A couple of these were barely over 50 games of experience

And that's only half the story. When they were dropped, how often were they replaced a player not on that list that had played only a few games?

The coaches were raving about Hamills experience and good form only last week. He comes in and surprises us all by playing a very decent game.. then dropped.

Has a real whiff of circa 2010/2011 about it.... A few ageing 'stars', a couple of promising youngsters then a whole lot of Meh.....

And that's only half the story. When they were dropped, how often were they replaced a player not on that list that had played only a few games?

Murphy missed 2 games from omission, total. Dropped for Schoenberg, then McHenry

O'Brien 1 game and was replaced by Strachan

Milera and Crouch at least missed a decent chunk of the season

Schoenberg showed something in his first few years so deserve another chance to see if he can reproduce that after suffering Lisfanc, some with Hamill after his bout of concussions but then get dropped after playing his best AFL game for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Then why are you here?

I'd like the club to be successful, what do you like?

What a dull question. Seriously. The coaching panel sucks, 7 seasons and no finals, we'll finish worse off this year than last. They extended the head idiot when he had no runs on the board so the only way him and the rest of the gronks in the football department are gone is if we experience some more pain. We've done plenty of losing under Nicks already so what is some more? Winning against West Coast gives us nothing of value whatsoever.

Last edited:
How is Berry ahead of Dowling? They are clearly vying for the same position. Did we just not want to play Dowling as sub (assuming that’s what Berry will be)?

I didn’t want Hamill in last week, but he then blankets Hill, provides some good drive off half back and is then dropped for a tall? wtf?

Same coach who has your avatar in the side most weeks so that should explain the goofy decision making.

Murphy doesn't play s true forward role. The notion of him being a pressure forward is a myth.

He is a stoppage mid. Starting position wing or HF then follows the pack.

And yet averages less than 12 disposals over his 100 games. What a star!

Bewildered by Hamill’s axing this week. Thought he was quite good against Bobby Hill.

In my eyes, he had gone from a certainty to be delisted at season’s end to possibly having a future as our small lockdown defender.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want Hamill as our number one rebounder out of the back half but I think he has the skillset to be able to blanket the oppositions’ best small forwards together with Max

Remove this Banner Ad

Back