Preview R11: Five Changes v St. Kilda, ANB to debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no it isn't.

Pedo is averaging a goal a game despite spending time in the ruck, Dawes isn't best 22. Dawes job is to kick goals and provide a target up forward and he does neither, he doesn't relief ruck either so I don't see how anybody can attempt to make a case for him being best 22 without bursting out into laughter.

Dawes is down on form and Pedo's best games this year have been better. No doubt.

As I said, I'm as frustrated as everyone with Dawes lack of ability to clunk an overhead/contested mark and impact the scoreboard - but Dawes is ahead in his career, and if both players were up and about, I would play Dawes first - marginally.

IF he was fit he probably would have but you can't keep using IF, you may as well say we're missing our first round pick from 2050 because he hasn't been born yet.

Until he's proven something like Brayshaw did at Casey even in the pre-season I don't see how you can use him as a missing best 22 player.

I'm sorry, I thought we were having a discussion about which of our best players are out of our lineup due to injury.

You think Petracca wouldnt be in our best 22 if it wasnt for injury? Ok Dez!. :rolleyes:

His talent is best 22 but his talent is useless if he is slower than a turtle like we've seen recently, Trengove would have to prove himself again and wouldn't walk straight back into the best 22 until he's shown he isn't slow as hell.

I agree with everything you've said, but once again, the context of my comment was best 22 uninjured.

Trengove would be best 22 at Freo, Hawthorn or Sydney if injuries hadn't made him a turtle.

Personally, I dont think we'll ever see him again - but one can only hope.

Are you sure you're a Melbourne supporter?

Everything about this post screams Richmond supporter.
My workmate is in the Demon Army, and she chinned a mouthy Collingwood supporter at last years QB match.

I'm sorry, I thought we were having a discussion about which of our best players are out of our lineup due to injury.

You think Petracca wouldnt be in our best 22 if it wasnt for injury? Ok Dez!. :rolleyes:

It depends on his ability to run out games, it's still unknown as to whether he would have been able to adapt to AFL footy quickly like Brayshaw.

He might be the better talent but it doesn't mean he'll be able to show it straight away.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be but there's no evidence except his games against kids.

It depends on his ability to run out games, it's still unknown as to whether he would have been able to adapt to AFL footy quickly like Brayshaw.

He might be the better talent but it doesn't mean he'll be able to show it straight away.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be but there's no evidence except his games against kids.

Petracca was more ready to go then Brayshaw based on what I saw pre-season.

Adapted to the intensity very quickly, whether that translated to mid or forward impact I dont know but he looked very good.

Petracca was more ready to go then Brayshaw based on what I saw pre-season.

Adapted to the intensity very quickly, whether that translated to mid or forward impact I dont know but he looked very good.

None of that was even in practice games though, but the bolded is the key thing though because it's still an unknown so how can it be justified that he's definitely best 22?

That's why I don't count him because we don't know.

None of that was even in practice games though, but the bolded is the key thing though because it's still an unknown so how can it be justified that he's definitely best 22?

That's why I don't count him because we don't know.

I've never argued he was best 22.

However he trained at a higher intensity earlier then Gus IMO and made the jump to AFL training more easily.

I've never argued he was best 22.

However he trained at a higher intensity earlier then Gus IMO and made the jump to AFL training more easily.

Wasn't directing that at you, more just using your post.

I disagree with him making the jump to AFL training more easily, to me he looked like he was struggling to keep up.

Wasn't directing that at you, more just using your post.

I disagree with him making the jump to AFL training more easily, to me he looked like he was struggling to keep up.

Endurance wise, yes.

But so was Brayshaw.

In terms of match simulation and speed of play Petracca was much more comfortable.

Best 22 should be based on this years form so you can't count Petracca, Pedo over Dawes and no way Trengrove would be in the team. You can't base a best 22 on previous (years ago) form or future potential. That is just stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe anyone is suggesting that Petracca is an 'out' for us. Might as well say Neitz is an out because he's retired.

The kid might be a gun, but he also might not be, particularly if he doesn't, you know, actually play. It is sad if true that a player who hasn't even played a game yet would significantly improve our match day squad. Then again, I guess Hogan did

Best 22 should be based on this years form so you can't count Petracca, Pedo over Dawes and no way Trengrove would be in the team. You can't base a best 22 on previous (years ago) form or future potential. That is just stupid.

I counter your argument by saying Jimmy Toumpas is a name that should in no way be associated with 'Best' anything unless under the following: best draft busts, best at shitting themselves or best at running but actually going nowhere, also known as travelling without moving, presenting jimtoumpoquai!

Untitled11.png

Anyone who has him in there (Dez) include Petracca instead or just do a best 21, please

Last edited:
I counter your argument by saying Jimmy Toumpas is a name that should in no way be associated with 'Best' anything

Yep. Saw the who is and isn't in our best 22 discussion earlier. We're missing Kent, Salem, etc from our best team, but Petracca isn't there yet because he hasn't played. I get the argument, but after he's played one or two games next year, it'll probably be evident he's in our best side like it was with Brayshaw. We can also shed 3 or 4 guys from our 'Best' and not really lose anything from the side, and I'll take Petracca over Toumpas or a few others in terms of ability to have a positive influence on the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back