Remove this Banner Ad

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Good morning, folks!
I am asking for Hinkley's head every week, if that's what we need to play better.

We did mistakes, but those will always happen. It was good to see us playing good, smart footy for a change.

Saints tried to pressure, but we would handball away from it constantly. That breaks the opponent's spirit.

The opposition was weak, but we did what should be done against weak opponents. Kudos to everyone. This was like our games against Dees and Eagles.

More of those, please!

Today we took an intercept mark down back and a contested mark up forward. It was sort of like a footballing "training wheels are off" moment.

Inb4 we crash into the cacti.

Jason K

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
Henley Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Assuming you meant to type `tall' defenders, neither of Clurey or Jonas are really tall, particularly TJ, who is only about 189 cm.
Even though he is showing a lot of promise as a forward I suspect Doogs will have to be moved back into defence against the bigger strong marking teams to get the match ups right.

It would be so stupid to play Howard back again after that. We all knew he had it. Just let him develop it.

I liked what one of the commentators said when Paddy marked Westhoff's shot on goal (lol). He said all the defenders were so worried about Doogs that no-one followed Ryder.

The Boss was happy.

1559485911605.png

The Governor of Victoria Linda Dessau (and ex AFL Commissioner) wasn't

1559486119345.png

yeswecan1

Senior List
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dougal was good, but the question is will we persist with him as a forward permanently now? Because if we’re not, we are just wasting time that could be spent developing an actual key forward for the future.
Dougal, Dixon and Marshall all fwd. Westoff roaming on wing. Thats my hope. Dixons the key. When he comes back Marshall will play better, he has talent. Billy doesn't. Sorry Billy.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dougal, Dixon and Marshall all fwd. Westoff roaming on wing. Thats my hope. Dixons the key. When he comes back Marshall will play better, he has talent. Billy doesn't. Sorry Billy.

It’s a good mix this forwardline. Full forward (Dixon) for the dump kicks to the goal square, dougal up the ground and Marshall third tall who plays small but can create space and mark on a lead at good stretch forcing a tall defender on him.

Problem is we would need to drop a ruck and find a part timer out of Dixon, Hoff(if he even gets a game) and Howard.

Oct 7, 2004
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yay we beat a struggled racked with a stomach bug. Didn't move the needle for me the way they dropped off wasn't just the best or us.

If we show up and do Freo I'll take more notice.
just enjoy the win farken

we hardly ever beat up on a team these days so enjoy it when we do

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dwayne sounds pissed off with the club. Talking about Port may want to rotate out of the China game and leave it to the saints to reap the sponsorship. Bizarre thing to say.
Dwayne has a chronic case of inaccurate verbal diarrhea it's incurable I doubt he even has control of it.

portly

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2001
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Haven't read any FigBooty.

Must comment though:
- so where has this attacking football been for so many games?
- wasn't it great to see someone different in the middle
- the four young guns are great
- can we please keep playing like this, using our weapons. Please.
- so apparently, according to the commentator who apparently barracks for Ports, we will be replaced by another team in China.
- wonderful to have a win, especially a win like that, but it just leaves one scratching one's head about the previous few pathetic games.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kingfish73

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Takeaways
1. Dougal stay forward. Rather Hoff floating back more. Finished as a forward
2. Bonner HFF or wing. No more defense
3. Amon has officially arrived in the afl
4. Houston and rotating small periods of Butters and Rozee in midfield - adds so much x factor and clean ball. Hartlett to take Houston previous position after break
5. R Gray, welcome back
6. We cannot play Wines, Rocky, Boak and SPP in same team. Need Clarkson-like tough decisions each week.
7. When Ebert back Farrell v S Gray drops out? I would give Bonner a few weeks as a forward
8. Lycett has been a golden pick up
9. I don't believe for one moment the changes made were from the balding bozo. Just maybe monts and schoey have sufficient experience how to influence Ken and Voss and change their 1 dimensional coaching / selection approach
10. Reality check, it was a very average and under manned opponent

Power freak 2008

Premiers 2004, 2020 Covid Premiers
Nov 1, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys/New York Yankees
The current Wingard. what are we basing the current wingard off? the 5.5 games he's played coming off calf,hamstring,hamstring in a new team playing in a position that's not his best?

or the one that is already 2 time all australian and B+F????

lets trade Wines for Petrucelle next.
Yes, the current Wingard that was recently told offby his own teammates for playing selfishly. The Wingard that couldn't take criticism for his obvious deficiencies. The guy that was recluse and didn't bond with his teammates. He may be ok for the Hawks but did riddance.
I'd rather see a kid busting his gut and celebrating with a bow and arrow.

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
i just can’t buy into Farrell being a 100+game player.. for me the only thing he brings is a good set shot.. never been high on him though.. I can see why people rate him but I think there is plenty in the SANFL who deserve a spot more than him.

Hopefully I will be proven wrong.
His best assert is his composure with the ball. More so than his set shot.

We've seen Amon go from 1.25 disposals per game to a consistent ball getter that allowed his positives come to the fore once experience and confidence kicked in. I've no doubt that Farrell can do the same and his positives are top shelf.

Farrell comes across as a low possession high impact kind a player. I'm ok with him having under 10 possessions as long as he kicks 2 goals per game.

I think we need to be patient with him. The patience will be rewarded.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Boss was happy.

View attachment 685663

The Governor of Victoria Linda Dessau (and ex AFL Commissioner) wasn't

View attachment 685664
Lol Garry Lyon and others sooking and saying Port are ‘cheating the system’ by making Saints play their home game there. Also the crew saying AFL will get more new supporters by playing in Bali than in China.
Now in my opinion these Vic commentators are either
total morons
or they don’t bother to do any homework
or they are mudraking
or a mixture of all three.

Lol Garry Lyon and others sooking and saying Port are ‘cheating the system’ by making Saints play their home game there. Also the crew saying AFL will get more new supporters by playing in Bali than in China.
Now in my opinion these Vic commentators are either
total morons
or they don’t bother to do any homework
or they are mudraking
or a mixture of all three.

Nothing stopping the Dees playing in Bali

Go for it Garry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back