Review R11 v Saints - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

And second

Yeah mate Watts has been crap this year, spud delist. Strong rumours Hawthorn will be cutting Tom Mitchell at year's end too.

Both Grey brothers were very good today...
I haven't always been a s.gray fan but bust his arse just wish he could nail the easier goals more consistently to take him to the next level.

Yeah mate Watts has been crap this year, spud delist. Strong rumours Hawthorn will be cutting Tom Mitchell at year's end too.

An injury is a reason but attitude is a cancer

Would tredrea, wanganeen, Buckley, Wilson or any other Port Adelaide great put on a football guernsey with a a zero care factor?

Does Tom Mitchell give a s**t when he plays? I dare say he does.

Sure it's been mentioned but one set play was very noticeable in the last qtr - Lienert kicking out long to the corner of the centre square to a ruckman who'd tap to smalls either side. Worked 3 times that i remember to produce a fast transition into our 50. I think one time Howard marked it, but Ryder was behind him and it almost looked like the priority was to tap.

I've always believed Centre Half Forward is the hardest position on the ground, followed closely by a high half-forward (flank). CHF is the hardest because it's physically taxing in both an aerobic and contested way. Tredrea and Riewoldt are the best I've seen.

Playing on the half-forward flank is just as taxing in an aerobic sense, but equally hard because you can run hard and still find yourself nowhere near the football. I think it's the hardest position on the ground to learn. I'd happily see time put into Farrell because, at the moment, he makes an impact on the scoreboard with minimal possessions, due to his excellent kick (best in the country as a junior, according to Brad Johnson).

As he develops further, both physically and in understanding the game, he has the skill set to be a 20+ possession, 1.5 goals a game forward/wing/outside mid. Play the kid.
Makes me feel good as played 90% of my career at CHF / HF 🤣🤣🤣

But Farrell 》 Sam Gray imo

An injury is a reason but attitude is a cancer

Would tredrea, wanganeen, Buckley, Wilson or any other Port Adelaide great put on a football guernsey with a a zero care factor?

Does Tom Mitchell give a **** when he plays? I dare say he does.

How the **** do you think you know what Watts' attitude has been like this year aside from his excellent game in Melbourne?

Sure it's been mentioned but one set play was very noticeable in the last qtr - Lienert kicking out long to the corner of the centre square to a ruckman who'd tap to smalls either side. Worked 3 times that i remember to produce a fast transition into our 50. I think one time Howard marked it, but Ryder was behind him and it almost looked like the priority was to tap.
Good pick-up.
Again, sounds more Monty or Schoey than Hinkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the game at Dicks Hotel in Balmain. Good spot to watch the footy. I was with my mate butcher who is a butcher. He’s a mad Saints man.

Table next to us had three Saints fans who at half time asked me if the game was in Beijing or Shanghai. They were drinking Riesling.

They left at 3/4 time because every time Travis Boak touched the footy I sang in a very loud voice “The Love Boak” followed up with he was a better skipper than Captain Stubing.

They said I ruined their day.

I said it could have been worse I could have given you food poisoning.

I’m a campaigner when we play well.

i watch every game from there. Its about 300m from my place....buuuut this week my ex wife got sick and i took my daughter to watch the netball instead.

Watched FootySA replay this morning ...
Kane pointed out the moves Hinkley made in the game to shut down St Kilda.
You don't notice them when watching the game .. was very interesting. :thumbsu:
I would recommend watching the replay if you can. :thumbsu:

Good point re weather, I have wanted to see Marshall on a fine day and am still waiting. It will be nice to have Hartlett back too. That first kick coming out of defence is so critical in modern footy & to have 4 elite kicks in defence will be a tactical advantage.

Best performance of year the thumping of WCE away in very wet windy conditions

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thought I'd try some of the replay with commentary. Bad move.

Is Dwayne(?) always this bad in terms of his barracking against us? Every contest we're either extremely lucky not to give away a free, dispose of the ball illegally yet get away with it, or actually get a free for something that didn't really happen. It's appalling, yet he gets paid gigs from our Club? Why?

Thought I'd try some of the replay with commentary. Bad move.

Is Dwayne(?) always this bad in terms of his barracking against us? Every contest we're either extremely lucky not to give away a free, dispose of the ball illegally yet get away with it, or actually get a free for something that didn't really happen. It's appalling, yet he gets paid gigs from our Club? Why?

Imo he's usually worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back