Prediction R12: Changes vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way you talk about the ease with which any other player would apparently be able to play forward tells me you haven’t played much footy in your time.

Banfield, Neale, Kersten, Giro are 4 that could all play forward instead of Ballantyne.

If it was me, I'd put Banfield forward, Blakely into the middle, and Hughes replace Blakely in the backline.

If it's so difficult to teach people to play as a forward, that's even more reason to start doing it now, rather than wait until after Ballantyne retires before making someone learn a new position.

Holy Cow - Mat De Boer absolutely killed it today.

24 disposals, 5 marks, 9 tackles and kicked 3.

We literally don't have anyone on our list who can do that. Actually, now that we've dropped Cam Mac, I doubt we have a forward who can take just the 5 marks.

Ethan Hughes misses, Cam Mac dropped, Ballentyne promoted, Jones kept his spot after just 6 possessions, Kirsten, Apeness and Cerra will be barlowed..

I honestly don't know how Ross expects to kick enough goals with the team he's selected this week unless Cox is going to turn into Carey overnight.

Baffling.

I watched the game... we really should have kept De Boer.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Banfield, Neale, Kersten, Giro are 4 that could all play forward instead of Ballantyne.

If it was me, I'd put Banfield forward, Blakely into the middle, and Hughes replace Blakely in the backline.

If it's so difficult to teach people to play as a forward, that's even more reason to start doing it now, rather than wait until after Ballantyne retires before making someone learn a new position.
Yep - totally agree. Hughes desperately unlucky footballer.

I still don't actually have a problem with the forwards on our list. It's who we're picking (which changes week to week), and how they're being used.

Even with the injuries we have we could cobble together a forward line next week that could take the game on. eg - Cam Mac had 8 marks today, 8 tackles, 5 inside 50s and kicked a goal. That's ideal stats for a 3rd tall (which he was playing) - alongside Dixon and Nads/Meek as the 2 'talls'.

Personally, I'd love to see Apeness keep his spot when Sandi/Darcy get back next week (Hurray). He gives us a genuine Ruck/Forward option.

So, here's how they were named this week:
HF: Sherridan, Cox, Tucker
FF: Brayshaw, Walters, Blakely

Now, I know how they are named means jack, but would this look a better balance?:
HF: Walters, Cox, McCarthy
FF: Banfield, Apeness, Matera

Yep - totally agree. Hughes desperately unlucky footballer.

I still don't actually have a problem with the forwards on our list. It's who we're picking (which changes week to week), and how they're being used.

Even with the injuries we have we could cobble together a forward line next week that could take the game on. eg - Cam Mac had 8 marks today, 8 tackles, 5 inside 50s and kicked a goal. That's ideal stats for a 3rd tall (which he was playing) - alongside Dixon and Nads/Meek as the 2 'talls'.

Personally, I'd love to see Apeness keep his spot when Sandi/Darcy get back next week (Hurray). He gives us a genuine Ruck/Forward option.

So, here's how they were named this week:
HF: Sherridan, Cox, Tucker
FF: Brayshaw, Walters, Blakely

Now, I know how they are named means jack, but would this look a better balance?:
HF: Walters, Cox, McCarthy
FF: Banfield, Apeness, Matera
Nyhius could swap with Banfield, Neale swap with Walters. Hughes, Nyhius replace Blakely, fixing the midfield/forward.

Had heard during the week he had a calf issue and possibly in doubt but hopefully he rips them apart then! Think your definitely in with a shot
He got a cork during last week's game, so that could still be hampering him, but I'd assume he's playing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back