Prediction R12 Changes vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Get that it's your opinion but could not think of a worse 3 ins.

1 role player out 3 worse role players in

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep, and I reckon if you bring in Lobb and think he will replace Naughton (alongside Darcy and Marra) then you have zero clue about football.

The only way Lobb will come in is if Darcy needs a rest.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think you could bring in Lobb if JUH assumed Naught's role. Bottom line is no-one is going to replicate the ground ball pressure that Naught's exerts.

But, if you want to preserve the structure or the role of one of the tall forwards up the ground as Naughts has been doing then JUH is a possibility with Lobb and Darcy grounded inside 50.

It's a role I've thought JUH would be suited to. Doesn't have to be permanent. He went pretty well in Naught's absence. Maybe it's a challenge he'd rise to. He's the guy now. For the next 6-8 weeks anyway.

Yep, and I reckon if you bring in Lobb and think he will replace Naughton (alongside Darcy and Marra) then you have zero clue about football.

The only way Lobb will come in is if Darcy needs a rest.

Nice argument there, not sure where I mentioned Lobb!!!!

Would bring in JOD or Buss, Cleary and then the best performed in the VFL.

Lobb only in if he performs.

Bont to play more forward if Lobb does not perform.

Khamis has one strength, yet to show more since going back, Baker bog ordinary with no upside. Poulter too one sided but given the injury list a maybe if he steps up tomorrow

I think you could bring in Lobb if JUH assumed Naught's role. Bottom line is no-one is going to replicate the ground ball pressure that Naught's exerts.

But, if you want to preserve the structure or the role of one of the tall forwards up the ground as Naughts has been doing then JUH is a possibility with Lobb and Darcy grounded inside 50.

It's a role I've thought JUH would be suited to. Doesn't have to be permanent. He went pretty well in Naught's absence. Maybe it's a challenge he'd rise to. He's the guy now. For the next 6-8 weeks anyway.
Certainly gives JUH an opportunity, and further development

I think I’d rather go smaller as well, hopefully Arty has a great game in the VFL & sakes a claim. Collingwood’s smaller defenders all have speed, so if we go too tall they will just walk it out too easy.

Nice argument there, not sure where I mentioned Lobb!!!!

Would bring in JOD or Buss, Cleary and then the best performed in the VFL.

Lobb only in if he performs.

Bont to play more forward if Lobb does not perform.

Khamis has one strength, yet to show more since going back, Baker bog ordinary with no upside. Poulter too one sided but given the injury list a maybe if he steps up tomorrow

I didn't go back looking for who suggested what, it was more that the majority are suggesting Lobb which I reckon is a lot worse than my idea.

We are going to struggle with the outs. Competition is too close to lose:

• Smith
  • Coffield
  • JJ
  • Libba
  • Red
  • Naughton

The one pressing from VFL is Buss - but Keath and Jones look solid. They will need a rest soon.

Collingwood talls are Mihochek, Cameron/Cox and McGuinness/Johnson. So probably need three talls. But more important is intercept marking - JOD is good at that role and fast. Khamis also good but no logical match up.

Weapons are Elliott, Hill and Schultz and Lipinski and DeGoey rotating through.

We can easily go to Marra and Darcy as key forwards with Darcy rotating to ruck and Bont rotating forward. But no forward pushing from VFL by scoring goals others than Lobb - easily the best. He can play up the ground really well. And take some bombs from 50.

Slows us down but will be able to rotate the three giraffes and keep them moving faster. And will give English more of chop out.

Khamis could be picked but is being developed as a backman. He has a bag in the VFL a couple of weeks ago. But no one else is driving it.

Would also like to see: Friejah rotate with Williams on the wing. Williams is better HBF than wing. Defence looks solid:

Dale Keath JOD

Bramble Jones Duryea

Both Bramble and Duryea look a bit shaky but no one ready to take their role.

Cleary could replace Doc but doesn’t have the aerial game or skill.

Bramble really only has JJ to worry about unless we put Gags back. VDM back experiment didn’t work and Bramble for all his silly decisions looks miles better.

Really really need small defenders.

Would love to see Buss get a go but don’t think that will happen.

Out: Scott, Red, Naughton

In: Sanders, JOD, Lobb

Sub: Khamis.

I didn't go back looking for who suggested what, it was more that the majority are suggesting Lobb which I reckon is a lot worse than my idea.

Your opinion is fine about Lobb, nor sure he is a definite either, but he has been performing substantially better than the 3 you suggested 2 pf which will never be a AFL players in a club that wants to challenge.

As they are your opinion why would they be in before other alternatives?

Buku for naughty.
Last time he came in as a forward was against Geelong last year and was massively exposed. What has changed that makes him a viable forward option against the most dangerous team from defensive transition?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happens in two weeks when we bring back Libba and Richards? Both have to play midfield now that Ed has proven how good he can be there. Treloar has tried a few different positions but only plays really well as a full-time mid. So maybe Bont goes forward to play the Naughton CHF role at that point and let Richards, Libba and Treloar take the majority of centre bounces. If that's the direction we want to go then I'd probably not bring in Lobb this game, give Bont a practice game playing CHF and go in with a centre bounce crew of Treloar, Sanders and Garcia. I don't think we are a chance against the Pies anyway so let's set ourselves up to beat Brisbane and Freo. Let the kids get some centre bounce practice and let Bont brush up on his CHF chops.

What happens in two weeks when we bring back Libba and Richards? Both have to play midfield now that Ed has proven how good he can be there. Treloar has tried a few different positions but only plays really well as a full-time mid. So maybe Bont goes forward to play the Naughton CHF role at that point and let Richards, Libba and Treloar take the majority of centre bounces. If that's the direction we want to go then I'd probably not bring in Lobb this game, give Bont a practice game playing CHF and go in with a centre bounce crew of Treloar, Sanders and Garcia. I don't think we are a chance against the Pies anyway so let's set ourselves up to beat Brisbane and Freo. Let the kids get some centre bounce practice and let Bont brush up on his CHF chops.
Why would we not be a chance against the Pies?

They likely will be missing Mihocek, Cox, De Goey, Elliot, Howe, WHE & McStay. We have an 8 day break and they have a return trip to Perth. We played without Naughton & Richards for half the game and nearly beat the ladder leaders so the squad should be well rested and full of confidence.

Why would we not be a chance against the Pies?

They likely will be missing Mihocek, Cox, De Goey, Elliot, Howe, WHE & McStay. We have an 8 day break and they have a return trip to Perth. We played without Naughton & Richards for half the game and nearly beat the ladder leaders so the squad should be well rested and full of confidence.
I’m under the impression de goey and Elliott will be back. Hope I’m wrong.

I’d definitely be leaving JOD out this week. Likely no Cox, Mihocek or McStay.

Key forwards will probably just be Krueger (and backup ruck) and one of Johnson or McIness. We need to prioritise composure and ball use with our defensive selections this week with their manic smalls.

I shudder to think what Hill, McCreey, Schultz, Richards & Harrison could do to some of our slower ball users.

I’d definitely be leaving JOD out this week. Likely no Cox, Mihocek or McStay.

Key forwards will probably just be Krueger (and backup ruck) and one of Johnson or McIness. We need to prioritise composure and ball use with our defensive selections this week with their manic smalls.

I shudder to think what Hill, McCreey, Schultz, Richards & Harrison could do to some of our slower ball users.

Composure and ball use are foreign to Keath and to some extent Jones

Crazy Bevo might even consider bringing JOD in to play forward, like his first game. Or Lobb in, to full back, and L Jones to the forward line, maybe?! 😆

Good thing we have Stable Genius Bevo back on deck. Lobb is next in line on form, but wouldn't go anywhere near replacing Naughton's pressure or ground ball acts. Big challenge for the MC this week for how we structure up.

Given our history, I would not be surprised if we pick Bianco up on Wednesday night and then makes his club debut on the Friday.

If this was 2023, I'd agree.

Hopefully re-invigorared May 2024 Bevo and MC (and list mgmt team) have moved past this...🤞

Out of 22 Naughton Richards Scott Freijah
In Lobb Sanders Poulter Cleary

Freijah or Baker as sub

Remove this Banner Ad

Back