Prediction R12 Changes vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

What happens in two weeks when we bring back Libba and Richards? Both have to play midfield now that Ed has proven how good he can be there. Treloar has tried a few different positions but only plays really well as a full-time mid. So maybe Bont goes forward to play the Naughton CHF role at that point and let Richards, Libba and Treloar take the majority of centre bounces. If that's the direction we want to go then I'd probably not bring in Lobb this game, give Bont a practice game playing CHF and go in with a centre bounce crew of Treloar, Sanders and Garcia. I don't think we are a chance against the Pies anyway so let's set ourselves up to beat Brisbane and Freo. Let the kids get some centre bounce practice and let Bont brush up on his CHF chops.

Pies are a good team but with their injuries, I’m way more confident of winning this week than Bris and Freo.

Out: Richards, Scott, Naughton, Gallagher
In: O’Donnell, Poulter, Baker, and Bendendo

Busslinger to play AFL soonish

Out: Richards, Scott, Naughton, Gallagher
In: O’Donnell, Poulter, Baker, and Bendendo

Busslinger to play AFL soonish
If Gallagher had played VFL today I reckon he would have been close to BoG.

He has been so-so (OK) playing a really hard role at AFL level. He'd be all over them in the VFL.

If Gallagher had played VFL today I reckon he would have been close to BoG.

He has been so-so (OK) playing a really hard role at AFL level. He'd be all over them in the VFL.
It might help if he stopped kicking it to the opposition.

Out: Richards, Naughton, Scott and Macrea
In JoD, Lobb, Poulter & Mcniel (Sub)

Gags to do a run with role on Naicos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure you saw Bedendo in the VFL today either.

Yeah, I did. The best of a bad bunch, but I agree he wasn’t that good.

Someone needs to tell Jones the idea is to get the ball not watch others do it.

Cleary makes far too many mistakes.

Buku made Gowers look like the Gary Ablett Snr.

Busslinger and Smith looked good but we would be seriously too tall if we picked them and JOD is back in

Busslinger and Smith looked good but we would be seriously too tall if we picked them and JOD is back in
Not bad signs when you can be crap and still win

Not bad signs when you can be crap and still win
As I just posted in the VFL thread there are only three players genuinely putting up their hand at VFL level to come in for the three we'll lose to injury/concussion:
  • Lobb
  • Poulter
  • Busslinger (debut)
Add to that we have JO'D hopefully available again.

McNeil and Baker a chance simply because the shelf is nearly bare, and because the three above (+JOD) can't give us the right team balance.

I find that pretty disturbing. It suggests an MSD selection or two is on the cards. And yes maybe even a Bianco debut within days of joining the senior list.

I just don't think you can play Bendendo, he still looks a way off it. As much as I hate to say it, I'd rather put McNeil in and use Bont forward at times if we don't play Lobb.

I think we should play Lobb though.

In- Lobb, Busslinger, Poulter
Out- Richards, Naughton, Scott

B- Busslinger Keath Daniel
HB- Dale Jones Frejiah
C- Williams Bontempelli Poulter
HF- Garcia JUH Harmes
F- West Darcy Vandermeer
FOLL- English Sanders Treloar
I/C- Macrae, Lobb, Gallagher, Duryea
Sub- Bramble

In- Lobb, Busslinger, Poulter
Out- Richards, Naughton, Scott

B- Busslinger Keath Daniel
HB- Dale Jones Frejiah
C- Williams Bontempelli Poulter
HF- Garcia JUH Harmes
F- West Darcy Vandermeer
FOLL- English Sanders Treloar
I/C- Macrae, Lobb, Gallagher, Duryea
Sub- Bramble
The overall 23 fully agree with. Would adjust the structure a bit but this is a squad that is good enough to win

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think we can and or should leave JOD out if he's fit.

Sure the Pies have a smaller quicker fwd line but JOD is quick enough, has some good skills and is very important to us in the future so his continued selection and familiarity with system and team mates is a strong consideration.

I'd live with the match ups and concentrate on beating them at source and further up the ground.

Any chance Libba plays if so

Outs Scott, Red, Naughton
Ins Libba, Poulter, JOD/Cleary Depending our small the pies forward line is going to be.

Any chance Libba plays if so

Outs Scott, Red, Naughton
Ins Libba, Poulter, JOD/Cleary Depending our small the pies forward line is going to be.

They’ve said they are targeting the Lions game, not sure it’s a great look if we rush him Back because Richards is out.

With Mihocek and Cox out, I’d be leaving O’Donnell out. They are going to have a very small fwd line.

In: Lobb, Cleary, Sanders
Out: Richards, Naughton, Scott

Sheeeesh, we should be winning this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back