Autopsy R12 Hawthorn Hawks v Gold Coast Suns @ MCG, Saturday 1.45PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

vide0n

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Changes: None for me. Bit hard to justify dropping anyone in particular when skills were not great from plenty of the lads...

Hawks probably be looking to get one back after being buried earlier in the year. Wonder if Judas will make it in. Expecting a pretty physical game.

Changes: None for me. Bit hard to justify dropping anyone in particular when skills were not great from plenty of the lads...

Hawks probably be looking to get one back after being buried earlier in the year. Wonder if Judas will make it in. Expecting a pretty physical game.
Need one of Ah Chee or Ainsworth in.
Need more crumbing at tall forwards feet.

Not feeling confident. Run from Harbrow and Saad can get us over the line, but its a big ask. Our away record does not flatter us.

I'm tipping the Hawks in a close one.

My take from way over here. I think Touk has lost a bit of form lately and might need to re-find it in the 2's. And I can't give Lemmens anymore chances I'm afraid. I have finally succumbed and he has to go too. he is just one liability too many. Maybe Lonergan for Touk(or give Touk one more chance) and Ah Chee/Ainsworth for Lemmens.
And I'm loving the improvemnt Leslie is showing.

My take from way over here. I think Touk has lost a bit of form lately and might need to re-find it in the 2's. And I can't give Lemmens anymore chances I'm afraid. I have finally succumbed and he has to go too. he is just one liability too many. Maybe Lonergan for Touk(or give Touk one more chance) and Ah Chee/Ainsworth for Lemmens.
And I'm loving the improvemnt Leslie is showing.
I thought Lemmens crumbed from Lynch really well he's just shocking at making decision like bouncing 20m clear and not kicking. I thought it was Touk's best game for a while.

Did anyone hear Rocket's press conference at around 3 min mark - Pretty emphatic that Rory Thompson is well behind the pecking order and that he will need to put together a sustained run of form in the NEAFL before he is considered for selection (me paraphrasing). Sounds like something has happened in the last month or maybe he is just Rocket's new whipping boy ala Brian Lake

Fair comment. I just reckon Ah Chee and/or Ainsworth can crumb just as well, and are better at making decisions. I haven't seen the last couple of games but thought that today, he looked a little down and if you reckon today was his best for a while then the last couple must of been shockers. But I'll go with your views as I'm only seeing stuff on a small screen and might be missing a bit.

Did anyone hear Rocket's press conference at around 3 min mark - Pretty emphatic that Rory Thompson is well behind the pecking order and that he will need to put together a sustained run of form in the NEAFL before he is considered for selection (me paraphrasing). Sounds like something has happened in the last month or maybe he is just Rocket's new whipping boy ala Brian Lake
Yes he's not getting back in any time soon. As a poster predicted recently Leslie and May will be the Gold Coast Suns first 2 key backman by seasons end.
I think Rocket is sick of his lack of ability to stay uninjured.
I agree with him.

Fair comment. I just reckon Ah Chee and/or Ainsworth can crumb just as well, and are better at making decisions. I haven't seen the last couple of games but thought that today, he looked a little down and if you reckon today was his best for a while then the last couple must of been shockers. But I'll go with your views as I'm only seeing stuff on a small screen and might be missing a bit.
Ah Chee was fantastic before getting injured as was Ainsworth.
Both need to come in Lemmens out.

Why is Lemmens the whipping boy of this forum? Every week the main suggestion is let's drop him. He was hardly the worst player.
His finishing wasn't great but he crumbed very well. He chases and works to help keep that ball in the forward line and he is flexible.. Could play forward, back, midfield, wing which may be his problem. A not so great player rhyming with orange one said "I'm a victim of my own versatility" maybe Lemmens is similar.

Why is Lemmens the whipping boy of this forum? Every week the main suggestion is let's drop him. He was hardly the worst player.
His finishing wasn't great but he crumbed very well. He chases and works to help keep that ball in the forward line and he is flexible.. Could play forward, back, midfield, wing which may be his problem. A not so great player rhyming with orange one said "I'm a victim of my own versatility" maybe Lemmens is similar.

Involving Gorringe in any player comparison will not help said player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately for Sean AFL players live or die by finishing ability and his is really poor. I don't want to whip him but Ah Chee and Ainsworth are much better options.

Hawthorn at the MCG
We need some hard buggers that don't get pushed off the ball if any changes are made
If u r going to drop Miller then bring in Lonergan
If u r going to drop Lemmens for another crumber then he needs to be up for a battle, so I'd go with Ah Chee just because Ainsworth is coming off a longer injury and Is younger.

Everyone knows if u attack us physically at the contest our blokes fold. Clarkson is going to test what heart our blokes have at the MCG next week. They owe us too from the flogging we gave them at our house too.

Bring the mouth guards to training this week and get Solomon to run the drills.

It's on.

I'm in the no change camp.
The only change I may consider is Joyce out (last 3 have been average) , Lemmens back and Ah Chee into the forwards - providing he's fit enough to play at the level...
Watched both games live today - NEAFL was a farce...

Ugh Hawthorn again already? I always find it absurd how we can play a team twice in the first half of the season and not play another team once until like round 20.

Only changes I can see happening would be through injury, otherwise same 22. Need to get some team consistency and filter AhChee, Ainsworth etc. in over the coming weeks.

Tipping this one is like picking the lottery numbers at this point. Confidence should be high from today and rd3, yet we can easily become over-confident. We match up well with the Hawks, but what does Clarko have up his sleeve? And we are s**t away from home, so who knows. Win this one though, and we are remarkably somehow sitting at 5-6 at the halfway point.

Ugh Hawthorn again already? I always find it absurd how we can play a team twice in the first half of the season and not play another team once until like round 20.

Only changes I can see happening would be through injury, otherwise same 22. Need to get some team consistency and filter AhChee, Ainsworth etc. in over the coming weeks.

Tipping this one is like picking the lottery numbers at this point. Confidence should be high from today and rd3, yet we can easily become over-confident. We match up well with the Hawks, but what does Clarko have up his sleeve? And we are s**t away from home, so who knows.
I don't what's more annoying, playing Hawthorn again or the fact this is our one and only game at the MCG.

I'm in the no change camp.
The only change I may consider is Joyce out (last 3 have been average) , Lemmens back and Ah Chee into the forwards - providing he's fit enough to play at the level...
Watched both games live today - NEAFL was a farce...

I can agree with that. From what I could see, I thought JJ was a little off today and that's acceptable, he's still only a kid and he's been a revelation down back. I said earlier I thought Lemmens needed to go, but maybe move him back and Ah Chee in would be the better move.

If no training mishaps this week, Sam Day is our only player on the injury list. Massive competition for spots.

Had a good chat with Darcy Mac tonight. Just had to congratulate the kid on his blistering form in the NEAFL.

Now... and he didn't go into specifics... and I'm still not sure how... but he said the club can elevate him from this week to the senior list. They haven't said they will yet, but it is now an option they have. His obviously crossing everything they do, just wants a senior game.

He's very happy at the club, really hoping for a senior list contract next year.

Scrimshaw thinks his debut might be in about 3 weeks. Maybe the Saints game in Melbourne but nothing definite yet.

Joycey is a bit cooked. There is a chance we will see him rested this week.

Plenty of options to bring in though. We might even see McKenzie finally play his 100th?

If no training mishaps this week, Sam Day is our only player on the injury list. Massive competition for spots.

Had a good chat with Darcy Mac tonight. Just had to congratulate the kid on his blistering form in the NEAFL.

Now... and he didn't go into specifics... and I'm still not sure how... but he said the club can elevate him from this week to the senior list. They haven't said they will yet, but it is now an option they have. His obviously crossing everything they do, just wants a senior game.

He's very happy at the club, really hoping for a senior list contract next year.

Scrimshaw thinks his debut might be in about 3 weeks. Maybe the Saints game in Melbourne but nothing definite yet.

Joycey is a bit cooked. There is a chance we will see him rested this week.

Plenty of options to bring in though. We might even see McKenzie finally play his 100th?

Nice update, Corkie....appreciated. I alluded in an earlier post that JJ looked like he needed a break.....rest him and he'll come back stronger...he's had a great season so far imo.

Nice update, Corkie....appreciated. I alluded in an earlier post that JJ looked like he needed a break.....rest him and he'll come back stronger...he's had a great season so far imo.

I will save the Good News for the end of this post.

1. Easy to forget that JJ is only 19 and in his 2nd season. Getting a rest makes sense.

2. Ah Chee had a back injury and not played seniors since the Geelong game. Ainsworth has missed a lot of footy. Both need a game in the NEAFL this week.

3. The Good News. Every club can upgrade a rookie after round 11. Which will be from Monday onwards. So if they want to play Darcy Mac they can. I hope they do since the kid has earned it and so I won't have to read all the posts about why he was not upgraded. It has been rinse recycle repeat the posts every week on the NEAFL thread about upgrading him. If they don't upgrade him? Might stay off that thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back