Autopsy R12 Hawthorn Hawks v Gold Coast Suns @ MCG, Saturday 1.45PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

That one act on the weekend gave me a whole new respect for lemmens , we rarely tackle to hurt , that tackle hurt.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The threepeat Lions were masters at tackling to hurt. Served them well and physically intimidated the other teams. Unfortunately the rules these days don't make it as easy to pull off without copping a week or more.

The threepeat Lions were masters at tackling to hurt. Served them well and physically intimidated the other teams. Unfortunately the rules these days don't make it as easy to pull off without copping a week or more.

You want to grow the game on the GC and build crowds then what u want to do is not be known as pretty footballers but be known as bruisers.

You have a whole lot of NRL people you could bring over through a nasty game style.

I'm not talking necessarily about the Titans fans either I'm talking about NRL fans who go for your Cronullas, St Georges, Manlys, Newcastles etc who currently only go to one sporting event a year when they play The Titans but who have no real AFL allegiance.

They are ripe for the picking.

Unfortunately missed the game due to work, havent had a chance to watch the replay yet.
How did the game actually go? I can only learn so much from this board and the delicious tears of Hawks supporters on there board
Put on the pressure really well, moved the ball quick. Layed lots of tackles, and squeezed the hawks throughout the game. Opened up a 43 point lead halfway through the 3rd with pretty much everyone doing there job. Hawks kicked the last two of the third. With the momentum the hawks added 4 more goals to slim the margin to 9. The boys then worked hard to kick two goals through Ainsworth and Wright, with the latter being one of our best team goals of the season, to close the game out. May was instrumental down back playing as a spare. Ablett was magnificent with 37 and 2 goals, as well as 10 tackles. Lyons kept doing what he does best. Only players that I feel struggled were Sexton and Hall. The rest played there roll and helped the boys to a great win

Put on the pressure really well, moved the ball quick. Layed lots of tackles, and squeezed the hawks throughout the game. Opened up a 43 point lead halfway through the 3rd with pretty much everyone doing there job. Hawks kicked the last two of the third. With the momentum the hawks added 4 more goals to slim the margin to 9. The boys then worked hard to kick two goals through Ainsworth and Wright, with the latter being one of our best team goals of the season, to close the game out. May was instrumental down back playing as a spare. Ablett was magnificent with 37 and 2 goals, as well as 10 tackles. Lyons kept doing what he does best. Only players that I feel struggled were Sexton and Hall. The rest played there roll and helped the boys to a great win
whether you are a Sexton fan or not the one thing he does which we tend to lack is get it on the boot on one step and kicks long, he doesnt * around with handball, he can find the goals too, I am a Sexton believer, he also rises to the occasion when something is needed to lift the team I think

whether you are a Sexton fan or not the one thing he does which we tend to lack is get it on the boot on one step and kicks long, he doesnt **** around with handball, he can find the goals too, I am a Sexton believer, he also rises to the occasion when something is needed to lift the team I think
I'd agree with these comments. Always been a Sexton fan though.

7. Jarryd Lyons has been one of the pick-ups of the season
The Suns were very busy in last year's NAB AFL Trade Period, with most of the focus on the players they were losing – Jaeger O'Meara and Dion Prestia. Less was said about who was coming into the Gold Coast line-up, because that's how it works. However, the Suns deserve credit for moving quickly to grab ex-Adelaide midfielder Jarryd Lyons. The former Crow has been terrific in his debut season with the Suns, and he continued that form in Saturday's win over Hawthorn. Lyons gathered 28 disposals, seven tackles and kicked a goal in Gold Coast's MCG win, to push his average to 25 touches a game. Lyons has been a steady hand all year and, given he is yet to turn 25 and had five seasons under his belt at Adelaide, there should be plenty of improvement left in him as well. A tick for the Suns. - Callum Twomey

7. Jarryd Lyons has been one of the pick-ups of the season
The Suns were very busy in last year's NAB AFL Trade Period, with most of the focus on the players they were losing – Jaeger O'Meara and Dion Prestia. Less was said about who was coming into the Gold Coast line-up, because that's how it works. However, the Suns deserve credit for moving quickly to grab ex-Adelaide midfielder Jarryd Lyons. The former Crow has been terrific in his debut season with the Suns, and he continued that form in Saturday's win over Hawthorn. Lyons gathered 28 disposals, seven tackles and kicked a goal in Gold Coast's MCG win, to push his average to 25 touches a game. Lyons has been a steady hand all year and, given he is yet to turn 25 and had five seasons under his belt at Adelaide, there should be plenty of improvement left in him as well. A tick for the Suns. - Callum Twomey
25 more touches than O'Cockface and 14 less changers than meatball

whether you are a Sexton fan or not the one thing he does which we tend to lack is get it on the boot on one step and kicks long, he doesnt **** around with handball, he can find the goals too, I am a Sexton believer, he also rises to the occasion when something is needed to lift the team I think
Yeah I like him but just feel he didn't really impact at the game at all on saturday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really surprised with his form (or lack thereof) for the Tigers hey? he looks a shell of his former self.
I reckon he underplayed his knee injury last year so he wouldn't cruel his contract negotiations and played through a fair bit of pain
Unlike Dixon who faked his ankle for a season after he signed with Port Shitadelaide and O'Cockface who just sat out and didn't play and banked on people remembering him pre-injury
But lets face it
He never won us a game of football in all the time he was with us
Love him to bits but if Richmond thought they were getting anything other than a decent hardworking slightly slowish midfielder with appalling footskills they were deluding themselves or believing the Brian Taylor hype

I reckon he underplayed his knee injury last year so he wouldn't cruel his contract negotiations and played through a fair bit of pain
Unlike Dixon who faked his ankle for a season after he signed with Port Shitadelaide and O'Cockface who just sat out and didn't play and banked on people remembering him pre-injury
But lets face it
Love him to bits but if Richmond thought they were getting anything other than a decent hardworking slightly slowish midfielder with appalling footskills they were deluding themselves or believing the Brian Taylor hype
you're probably not wrong. I actually think we were lucky enough to benefit from his best football with us. I just don't see him being as effective as he was at the suns.

But lets face it
Pick 6 lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back