Autopsy R12 Hawthorn Hawks v Gold Coast Suns @ MCG, Saturday 1.45PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished perusing the Hawks board.
A few things I took from it were.
1. The umpires were cheats and didn't pay every possible free kick.
2. Gary ablett is special and the umps won't dare touch him.
3. Gold Coast are a money grubbing club full of campaigners. With no excuse to be in the mighty VFL.
4. Hawthorn will win another premiership before gold Coast.
5. Gold Coast won't have ablett and may next year.
6. Gunston is a better player then tom Lynch ever will be.
7. Jaeger omeara will be back after our bye and everything will be alright.
8. Hartung is crap and should only play VFL. (thought he was supposed to be a quality player these blokes said during the omeara trade last year.)

Some real gold coming from that board. Obviously forgotten how to be graceful in defeat. Especially love the comments about omeara coming back in 2 weeks. I guess the crap coloured jumper of hawthorn reflects the crap that comes out of thier mouths.
;-)

Had a quick look there myself.

Fighting among themselves - the realist faction who understand that there club is bereft of talent and the 'I drink Clarko's bath water' faction who believe that all their 4th and 5th rd picks will be stars and that they will be back playing finals next year

Great to have a win at the G'! The post match function was excellent, great turnout. Blighty and Evans seemed really passionate about the club much more than i thought they would be. Had a quick chat to Matera, he was in a moonboot but said it was just precautionary. I asked if he thought Mckenzie would be back soon and it said he reckons he's not far at all. All the boys looked like they really wanted to be there. Hall, Swallow and Maysie in particular really appreciated the support. Even Gaz looked happy to be there. Saw Sam Day when i was leaving he looked upbeat, gotta feel for a guy like him right now.

Side note: i almost bumped into Alastair Clarkson, geez he's short.

hahaha Nah when he was going up to the coaches box. Btw for a team with 70,000 members pretty disgraceful to only get 27,000 to the game for Hawthorn some would call that a plastic club.
A few people have made that comment but that's a decent showing for a game against us in Melbourne isn't it?

A few people have made that comment but that's a decent showing for a game against us in Melbourne isn't it?
I would have thought a lot more with so many members considering what they are saying about us on their board. Evans mentioned at the function that the the club's goal was 12,500 members for us by the end of the year and next year for 16,000 odd which we had in our first year.

I reckon that was Lyons best game for the club.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
No doubt, not much spoken about him signing in the pre-season but has been playing incredibly well for us, same as Barlow. Can't believe there weren't more teams lining up to sign Barlow.

Great win, Suns!!

The meltdown on the Hawks board is delicious. They know they got a lemon in JOM and they're having a really hard time coming to grips with it. I can't wait to see them give the Saints their first pick.

Anyway, stuff them. We were great. Lyons was an absolute steal!

A few quick thoughts:

• Lemmens to the forward line has been a great move by the coaching staff (a tick for Rocket?)
  • adding Ainsworth as well and we look quicker and more dangerous up there
  • Lynch is going against the oppo game plan every week which is trying to get an extra 1 or 2 defenders in his vicinity so they can stop his marking; just reality until we start really punishing teams for it
  • to beat the oppo game plan we have to move it quick, avoid the slow play and bomb, and hit the free man (needs work!)
  • Saady starting to improve; most importantly, his defensive work more consistent
  • Lyons really finding his feet
  • Lonergan was solid (still can't kick) but our size at some of the midfield contests (Lyons, Lonergan, Swallow, Witts) was noticeable and made a difference I thought
  • Hall and going back with the flight; commentators picked it up and they will make it a story; not his game but if he goes once it will make a big difference
  • Is it just me or does Rosa look a step slower this year?
  • really hoping Sexton can take the next step; works hard and does a lot of things well but too many games where he does not get the pill; we look a lot better when he is helping breaking lines
  • atm, any win on the road is a good win; I take it as a positive that we have not played that well in the last 2 games, almost threw both games away, but held on and won;
  • we only won 4 and 6 games the last 2 years; essential that we get more close game experience and winning experience into the under 22's who would not have won that many games in their careers

Had a quick look there myself.

Fighting among themselves - the realist faction who understand that there club is bereft of talent and the 'I drink Clarko's bath water' faction who believe that all their 4th and 5th rd picks will be stars and that they will be back playing finals next year
They haven't bottomed out yet but they will be back playing finals next year lol. Their best players are still their old blokes like Burgoyne, Roughie, Hodge etc. and they will all be in their thirties and gone in the next couple of years. Couldn't believe the one where Gunston is better than Lynch and Wright because he kicked 5 and Lynch/Wright only kicked 4 between them....that's clinging to some pretty desperate argument. You're right, a few of the more realistic posters understood where they're at.

I can't believe how salty the hawks supporters are on their board. There were plenty of missed calls by the umps for the Suns as well. The Hawks were gifted at least 4 or 5 games last year from controversial umpire calls in the last quarter, didn't see them complaining then.

On ZTE T84 using BigFooty.com mobile app
The missed hold against Lynch and the non-mark to 2MP in the goalsquares cost us 2 certain goals. Even the commentators agreed. Normally they just ignore bad decisions against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The missed hold against Lynch and the non-mark to 2MP in the goalsquares cost us 2 certain goals. Even the commentators agreed. Normally they just ignore bad decisions against us.

Yep
We were gang fingered by the umps yesterday
As always for us it's the non-decisions that kill us

I would have thought a lot more with so many members considering what they are saying about us on their board. Evans mentioned at the function that the the club's goal was 12,500 members for us by the end of the year and next year for 16,000 odd which we had in our first year.
Sounds unusually realistic rather than the fantastical 20-1-3 cringe they came out with in late 2012.

Great to have a win at the G'! The post match function was excellent, great turnout. Blighty and Evans seemed really passionate about the club much more than i thought they would be. Had a quick chat to Matera, he was in a moonboot but said it was just precautionary. I asked if he thought Mckenzie would be back soon and it said he reckons he's not far at all. All the boys looked like they really wanted to be there. Hall, Swallow and Maysie in particular really appreciated the support. Even Gaz looked happy to be there. Saw Sam Day when i was leaving he looked upbeat, gotta feel for a guy like him right now.

Side note: i almost bumped into Alastair Clarkson, geez he's short.
must i say gazza looked very passionate and really wanted to be there.... in previous seasons i have missed out on getting his autograph because he need to do 'media commitments' and now he has a lot of time for the club.

god damn this team ****s with my emotions haha. should have won by a lot more but just let them back into it too easily. very lucky to win this one considering we played fairly well in the first three quarters.

matt rosa seems a bit cooked. too slow, gets tackled too much, getting a bit older. didn't really add much to the game today.
thought he looked strange like he was dazed or not switched on, was slow and indecisive, Hall tried hard to lose us the game, frustrating to watch him on a bad day when he gets on the end of a running chain of handballs and then doesn't kick or dispose quick enough and runs himself into a tackle or has to 180, he can be woeful or amazing, yesterday he just was in that bad place and made mostly crap decisions at the worst possible time

Went to the club function after the game

In summary:

- good crowd of around 300 - twice as big as last year
- Blighty was MC today
- Blighty interviewed Evans - finals very much in our sights, said in a radio interview before the game it might not be our last game on the MCG for the year, if we can get back to 6-6 then our finals destiny is in our own hands and could be the most exciting period that these players have had, happy with our new recruits, Blighty mentioned that in the mid 90s the Hawks had just as many members as we do now (12,000) so things are on the up
- The biggest roar was reserved for whenever Ben Ainsworth was mentioned - must have had 50 supporters down from Morwell down for the game who were at the function
- The Coch was there - didn't address the crowd
- Blighty interviewed Steve May & Pearce Hanley - Maysie explained how Tom and him split the coin tosses (FYI 2 week blocks so they each get the same amount of home & away games), no talk of contracts, Maysie was happy to have Hanley's experience down back to help organise the players today, Hanley loves it on the coast, loves the players and when asked said he was happy to play backline, Rocket gave the thumbs up when asked if he would be playing back next week
- Blighty did quick interview with Rocket - was happy to get the win, was very happy with Ainsworth's game today and finals are still very much the goal
- Jack Bowes dad was there even though Jack wasn't - Rocket was giving shouts out to him during his speech - I think he had been enjoying the the corporate hospitality today
- Brandon Matera had a moon boot on - I think I heard it was just precautionary as he had his foot stood on during the game
- Ablett had his own signing corner for all the kids coming up to him
- A lot of the player's family where there for the Vic & Tassie boys
Bowesy's Dad love a frothy have had a few with him at The Lounge

Too much pace for Hawthorn, with the little master tackling everything! I was there and I've never sen such biased umpiring due to 'crowd free kicks'
I think the umpires get sucked in by the loud Victorian crowds calling for 'ball!'
It was certainly on display here today and the Suns were on the raw end.
Hawthorn too slow. Suns on the up.

Seriously for Clarkson to criticize the umpiring is an absolute joke.... it wasn't great umpiring I'll give him that BUT it was the Suns who were on the raw end!!! So many holding the ball decisions given due to the loud crowd calls... then silence and no free kicks when Suns tackle the Hawks??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back