Autopsy R13 V Carlton - We lose to ourselves..... Again

Remove this Banner Ad

almost every single year we manage to build a little momentum and give ourselves an opportunity to win a 50/50 game that would completely change or long term confidence levels, but you're right, we always blow it.
I'm with you mate, this is the one.
this pretty much sums up last night, and the last six years tbh.

I'm really just a bit washed out about this year so don't have much energy to post but Eade is right about Tom Lynch's obsession with wrestling his opponent
Opposition fullbacks just love it
Umpires aren't going to pay frees for it most of the time
He needs to find another way
1.1 from your 2 power forwards isn't going to take you anywhere near finals

I'm really just a bit washed out about this year so don't have much energy to post but Eade is right about Tom Lynch's obsession with wrestling his opponent
Opposition fullbacks just love it
Umpires aren't going to pay frees for it most of the time
He needs to find another way
1.1 from your 2 power forwards isn't going to take you anywhere near finals
i could have sworn last year he actually positioned himself better, held his ground and used his strength to push his opponent off fairly to be able to take a clean grab at the ball.
this year he does just seem to want to tangle himself up with his opponent, and somehow expects to be able to have the time to set himself and get his arms up for the mark.

wright just seems so far off the boil this year. besides those late couple goals over the past few rounds, i can't really think of anything memorable that he's done this season.

i could have sworn last year he actually positioned himself better, held his ground and used his strength to push his opponent off fairly to be able to take a clean grab at the ball.
this year he does just seem to want to tangle himself up with his opponent, and somehow expects to be able to have the time to set himself and get his arms up for the mark.

wright just seems so far off the boil this year. besides those late couple goals over the past few rounds, i can't really think of anything memorable that he's done this season.

I think Lynch is the best contested pack marker in the comp
Not so good one on one
Needs to play to his strengths
2MP?
I'll give him time
But if we're relying on Matera Hall Sexton and Lemmens to kick enough goals to win us matches regularly we may be waiting awhile

How did it go with tagging docherty. I recall debating with a few of you pregame that he would go into the midfield and simpson would go into the backline a do his role. And look what happened.

How did it go with tagging docherty. I recall debating with a few of you pregame that he would go into the midfield and simpson would go into the backline a do his role. And look what happened.

It wasnt a good day for us. There's no doubt about that.
Congratulations on being the superior human and on being the smartest man around.
You win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

every win you get this year is a step closer to a worse pick, and ultimately a step further away from a flag. you're not making finals this year, next, or the one after. your core isn't there yet. Cripps, Curnows, Weitering and doc. that's it. you're 2 rebuilds away and you know it.

now go away and discuss with your brethren how good specky Jones is

a few things

4-despite all this if the Victorian Umpires don't cheat we probably would have won and be talking about fighting spirit or some other nonsense. The AFL consistently send up these Victorian Umpires to our games and we get cheated.
Just embarrassing for the AFL as it's Umpires do not have integrity and embarrassing for Carlton that despite all this they only win by 2 kicks.

Serious question: Are there any Queensland Umpires on The AFL Umpires List? You just can't keep blaming umpires every week you lose mate. Have to agree the umpiring is not ideal at the moment, every team suffers because of bad decisions and have to put up with it. But to accuse the umpires of "cheating" is going too far.

My brother txt me from Melbourne at the 10 minute mark of the1st quarter. He couldn't believe the structure Eade had.

Out entire team was stuck in the backline for most of the first quarter. Its probably not a good tactic to try and save the game in the first quarter.

Serious question: Are there any Queensland Umpires on The AFL Umpires List? You just can't keep blaming umpires every week you lose mate. Have to agree the umpiring is not ideal at the moment, every team suffers because of bad decisions and have to put up with it. But to accuse the umpires of "cheating" is going too far.
the four umpires yesterday were Meredith (VIC), Harris (VIC), Ryan (QLD), Mitchell (VIC).
there's only two umpires from QLD according to: http://www.afl.com.au/umpires/profiles

i do doubt that any individual umpire would have a bias towards any particular team. the briefings that they may be given on a whole before each round however may be another story...

What the hell is this guy on about saying I blame the umpires every time we lose???
Good grief. Last night was "special".
The score at quarter time especially was thanks to the Umpires giving outrageous frees in the 50 that we couldn't get anywhere on the field for the rest of it.
Just outrageous it was and yet Carlton still only won by two kicks despite us playing like bustards too.
Just a terrible night for the credibility of the AFL and it's attempt to grow in SE QLD.
I'm sure however the Umps and Carlton players had a nice flight home together. And that's nice.

Wouldn't expect anything less from a dodgy brown paper bag Carlton supporter. Dirtiest club in the history of the game.

Did you actually watch the game? Docherty wasn't tagged, and rarely went into the midfield.

Did anyone else notice that Carlton seemed to be ducking in that game and yeah the umpires missed most of those. Daisy Thomas especially. It's like they watched Joel selwood tutorials on dropping at the knees. If you watch the way daisy ducks when Rosa goes to whack him he ducks right into Rosa's arm. Which will likely force Rosa to miss a week.

Mate, you had a good win.You deserved the win, no question, not even an argument from here. Now go back to your group in Gotham City, enjoy the spoils of war and leave us alone in our everlasting quest as to why we're not worthy. I mean, after all, you're from almighty Victoria. What more can I say?:p:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back