Autopsy R13 V Carlton - We lose to ourselves..... Again

Remove this Banner Ad

Eade is cooked. I've been saying it since last year - his game plan is s**t. It's one sided and it's completely transparent.

I love the bloke and would kill to keep him in a director role, but as a coach, he needs to go.
If his game plan is outdated and he can't relate to the kids and I agree that is correct why put him in a directors role, how. Does he add value?

Eade had excuses for the last 2 years with an horrific injury list but this year there are no excuses. We are a rabble that plays unaccountable lazy football and get exposed by teams that have little talent but work hard, Carlton, North and the Lions. All 3 of these games should of been percentage boosters.

Eade is cooked. I've been saying it since last year - his game plan is s**t. It's one sided and it's completely transparent.

I love the bloke and would kill to keep him in a director role, but as a coach, he needs to go.
His message just doesn't appear to get through to the players for whatever reason. He genuinely seemed frustrated that Lynch no longer leads and wants to wrestle, yet by him doing that it looks like the game plan is then to bomb it long. He said he'll discuss it with Lynchy during the week yet it's been happening for weeks though.
We just can't adapt on the ground during a quarter when things turn pear shape. There is no plan B.

Agree. I have it on very good authority he will not be head coach next year weekends loss has sealed it. They are saying the slow starts in key games is concerning them the most and it indicates he isn't relating to the group.
Evans is very switched on and already has a long list of issues. But also thinks Eade has done a good steadying job but is not the man going forward. They already have 4 assistances and one current head coach but he absolutely won't name names.
Putting in politely he said Evans has been perplexed at times with the game plan.

Agree. I have it on very good authority he will not be head coach next year weekends loss has sealed it. They are saying the slow starts in key games is concerning them the most and it indicates he isn't relating to the group.
Evans is very switched on and already has a long list of issues. But also thinks Eade has done a good steadying job but is not the man going forward. They already have 4 assistances and one current head coach but he absolutely won't name names.
Putting in politely he said Evans has been perplexed at times with the game plan.
If that's the case, does Eade know that? Wouldn't it be better to have a look at a Soloman during a match, or are we just waiting until finals are no longer a mathematical chance?

Also said and these are his words
"Coaching staff was identified as needing a refresh."
These he said we early management/Evans observations.
Eade is regarded and liked and will have option of staying on in mentoring type role.
This all depends on who is available however.
I forgot to ask about McPherson which is all l'm really interested in TBH.
The rest will play itself out whatever.

This is such a relief to read this post. Thanks for posting it.

Evans is very switched on apparently and was 'placed' by the AFL. AFL absolutely want GCS to succeed but wanted Evans overlooking operation and how the AFL's money was being spent.
Apparently he is extremely meticulous in his assessments and doesn't rush decisions.

Evans is very switched on apparently and was 'placed' by the AFL. AFL absolutely want GCS to succeed but wanted Evans overlooking operation and how the AFL's money was being spent.
Apparently he is extremely meticulous in his assessments and doesn't rush decisions.
Didn't the AFL also recruit a bloke named K. Hunt to us? That worked out well.
Not sure the AFL has the right answers for us all the time. It is a peculiar market we have up here.
I see top management regularly put the blame onto subordinates when they are the ones who should be held accountable for the stupid decisions they make or good decisions they don't make in the first place.

I have a freind who works at the Suns , and i asked her is there any difference with Evans on board , her words where "he does'nt take any s**t "

Not sure the AFL has the right answers for us all the time. It is a peculiar market we have up here.
I see top management regularly put the blame onto subordinates when they are the ones who should be held accountable for the stupid decisions they make or good decisions they don't make in the first place.
Evans is a lifetime Top AFL operator l don't see the connection.
Virtually everyone in coaching /management at the Suns is from outside AFL States.
Ashcroft is the only Queenslander l know of.

Last edited:
Agree suddenly wins and losses don't seem a big deal now just looking for 4qtr effort. And despite everyone giving excuses to eade 1St year culture 2Nd year injuries. We're still playing the same way just with slightly more talented personel. The key thing over the last 3 years is patchy form. Year 1 it was 1 good qtr 7 bad ones. Last year 1 good qtr 3 bad ones this year 1 good game 2 bad ones. Eade has improved us but not too the point where we should be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think the head coach is either Brad Scott or Clarko.
Clarko makes sense he's already been involved in the list building moving out the dead weight and bringing in some draft picks.

Also said and these are his words
"Coaching staff was identified as needing a refresh."
These he said we early management/Evans observations.
Eade is regarded and liked and will have option of staying on in mentoring type role.
This all depends on who is available however.
I forgot to ask about McPherson which is all l'm really interested in TBH.
The rest will play itself out whatever.
love reading inside info and I appreciate this wholeheartedly. cheers.

however... if we've got someone at the club leaking this type of info which defames the coaching staff/club leaders and brings instability then either:
a) it's untrue or
B) there are much bigger issues at this club and your friend/whoever works there who is leaking this type of destabilising rumours should STFU and be sacked

love reading inside info and I appreciate this wholeheartedly. cheers.

however... if we've got someone at the club leaking this type of info which defames the coaching staff/club leaders and brings instability then either:
a) it's untrue or
B) there are much bigger issues at this club and your friend/whoever works there who is leaking this type of destabilising rumours should STFU and be sacked
He doesn't work at the Club he's connected with numerous business and High fliers business wise at the Club he would never tell me who is telling him.
Always been spot on with what he's told me.
I absolutely cannot verify the source however.

He doesn't work at the Club he's connected with numerous business and High fliers business wise at the Club he would never tell me who is telling him.
Always been spot on with what he's told me.
I absolutely cannot verify the source however.
nah that's all good, it's just completely destabilising and frankly self-aggrandising behaviour to spout this type of s**t.

personally I appreciate hearing it though haha

edit: I'm referring to the original club worker who is leaking info

His message just doesn't appear to get through to the players for whatever reason. He genuinely seemed frustrated that Lynch no longer leads and wants to wrestle, yet by him doing that it looks like the game plan is then to bomb it long. He said he'll discuss it with Lynchy during the week yet it's been happening for weeks though.
We just can't adapt on the ground during a quarter when things turn pear shape. There is no plan B.
I think this is a confusing post. So much of what you described is the players and on lack of on field leadership and experience.

If his game plan is outdated and he can't relate to the kids and I agree that is correct why put him in a directors role, how. Does he add value?

Eade had excuses for the last 2 years with an horrific injury list but this year there are no excuses. We are a rabble that plays unaccountable lazy football and get exposed by teams that have little talent but work hard, Carlton, North and the Lions. All 3 of these games should of been percentage boosters.

Agreed.

Personally i don't like how he calls out players afterwards in his presser...seems like an old school thing to do.
New coaches never single out players for playing a bad game...and sometimes not even for good ones as they like to focus on 'team'.

Not sure Lynch would be all that happy after hearing it...probably should keep in-house.

I might be nit-picking on this one, but also don't like some of his body language in the box. At times seems very emotional and flummoxed like he doesn't know what he's doing or why the players aren't doing what they're supposed to...however it's the coaches job to get the players organised. Found it a bit strange when they showed footage of him vs Carlton and he had his head in his hands...almost like he couldn't bear to watch and was in shock/despair. Not a great look for a head coach imo.

Can only be a good thing to have the AFL in your corner though...they do run the game after all.

Them giving you Evans was definitely a positive step. Probably influenced Noble as well to join.

They helped Melbourne by helping get Roos and helped Brisbane end up with Fagan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back