Autopsy R13 V Carlton - We lose to ourselves..... Again

Remove this Banner Ad

I still have sleepless nights over trading the Clayton Oliver pick 4 to Melbourne. He is literally the exact player we need right now

Don't cut yourself up - we still would have taken Ah Chee
You can never have too many skinny outside mids
We don't need the new Michael Voss or the next Dangerfield
We have.....ummmmmmm......we have.....ummmmmm.....Jesse Lonergan

Don't cut yourself up - we still would have taken Ah Chee
You can never have too many skinny outside mids
We don't need the new Michael Voss or the next Dangerfield
We have.....ummmmmmm......we have.....ummmmmm.....Jesse Lonergan
Zorko went alright on the weekend too Sandy.....

Didn't they show it already when we played Brisbane,GWS, Port Adelaide and now Carlton???
The way they started those 4 games showed they weren't exactly inspired at the opening bounce.
Sacking a coach mid season is the worst thing to do. It will slit players up into those who liked Rocket and those who didn't Rocket has signed a contract untill the end of the season. At least let him see that out.

Didn't they show it already when we played Brisbane,GWS, Port Adelaide and now Carlton???
The way they started those 4 games showed they weren't exactly inspired at the opening bounce.
How about against the Eagles, Geelong, Carlton (away) and Hawthorn (away)? Or do those games not count and they won in spite of Rocket?

I'm talking about in relation to players available. Our list availability is 50% + better than last year but there is no way we have improved/playing anywhere near that.

Was at the Melbourne game at the MCG last year where we had a kick after the siren to win the game and the only 2 midfielders we had were Miller and Sexton. No JOM, Prestia, Ablett, Swallow, Rischa, Lonergan even Fiorini wasn't ready to go - can't even remember if Hall or Rosa played.

Admittedly the Demons played like Rubbish but we played with spirit. Then I counter that with the Essendon game at the end of the season and we played like rubbish so even with the NEAFL side in we have always played way too inconsistently. Not sure if it is the coaching, the leadership or the players or a combination of all 3 that we have to thank for the mess we are now in.

Agree. I have it on very good authority he will not be head coach next year weekends loss has sealed it. They are saying the slow starts in key games is concerning them the most and it indicates he isn't relating to the group.
Evans is very switched on and already has a long list of issues. But also thinks Eade has done a good steadying job but is not the man going forward. They already have 4 assistances and one current head coach but he absolutely won't name names.
Putting in politely he said Evans has been perplexed at times with the game plan.
Waldron has just come out and said Eade and Ashcroft are definitely gone. Trust me he is not my source.

Have not been on here since the Carlton game. Flew up for the game and sat in the Carlton supporter section with my mates. My god that first quarter was a mess and as someone has already said on here we should have been down 8 goals at half time and the game should have been over.

I wasn't confident in this game as we were so poor against the Hawks the week before. I think we played almost as poorly in the Hawks game as this game, except we won because the Hawks we played last week were the worst 22 to run out for a game of AFL this year. We were competing against a non-existent midfield and only just getting it done, then you play against a decent quality Carlton midfield and the difference in class and desire was abundantly clear.

In terms of Rocket's position going forward you need to give him the rest of the year just so we don't look like a basket case that sacks coaches mid-season. I like Rocket but if nothing changes in terms of consistency of performance then I don't see how we can go into next year hoping for anything different. You can't sack 40 players even if it is their fault so you need to make changes at who and how the message is being delivered, and potentially the tactics being used if we are to get a different result.

Also you need to sell hope to supporters if you haven't delivered wins. Personally I will struggle to be sold hope if the same guys are in charge next year that have been here the whole time, unless we have a 'light bulb' moment between now and the end of the season when it all comes together and we can really start competing week in week out with any team in the league whether it be home or away (ala they young Saints under Grant Thomas in the mid 2000s).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate this is the first year Rocket has had a full playing list to work with. No coach in the game (past or present) could of done a better job then what rocket has done in his first 2 years, he walk into a club full of players with massive off field issues, half the playing group was under investigation by the qld crime and corruption commission.
When all that was done and dusted and rocket cleaned out most of the players involved the club was then hit by the injury crisis, it was one thing after another.
Although Rocket might not of brought any on field success for the club, what he has done for the club behind the scenes setting up the club for the future has been huge
You have to be kidding, head in the fu**ing sand.....

How about against the Eagles, Geelong, Carlton (away) and Hawthorn (away)? Or do those games not count and they won in spite of Rocket?

Oh no firstly u r a North fan so it's none of your business and secondly people actually liked your comment

According to u and your likers then with your logic so long as a coach produces just one win in a season his job is safe and he should stay.

The sad inconsistency under Rocket is the issue.

Now u as a North fan might want him to stay so we continue to be a joke, no thanks.

For all those who love mediocrity and want Rocket to stay then I'm more than happy for him to replace Ashcroft. So calm down before u carry on about Rocket bashing. Rocket can have some more Superannuation by replacing Ashcroft. Relax.

Oh no firstly u r a North fan so it's none of your business and secondly people actually liked your comment

According to u and your likers then with your logic so long as a coach produces just one win in a season his job is safe and he should stay.

Now u as a North fan might want him to stay so we continue to be a joke, no thanks.

For all those who love mediocrity and want Rocket to stay then I'm more than happy for him to replace Ashcroft. So calm down before u carry on about Rocket bashing. Rocket can have some more Superannuation by replacing Ashcroft. Relax.
Dude.. lol

Pres has been posting here much longer than you Mr Bods
if it wasn't for our "second teamers" like him we'd have tumbleweeds through here some times

Remove this Banner Ad

Back