Autopsy R14, 2017: Swans vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow what a game to attend! Best game ending to a game I've seen live! Great crowd and atmosphere.

Although it amazed me how many people at the start of the game couldn't find their seats. We spotted ours straight away and had people blocking our view for the majority of the first quarter.

Anyway onto the game:

- shouldn't have been that close. Checked all the stats at 3qtr time and we were leading in everything except the thing that keep them in the game that was goal accuracy. Should've been up by way more. At no point until five minutes to go in the 3rd did I think Essendon had control of the game.

- Towers needs to be dropped, played a stinker. Don't care if he tries hard. Was at a point where I was screaming no if it looked like he was getting the ball.

- knew straight up Buddy had lost confidence in his goal kicking when he passed one up to Kieren Jack (thought that was a goal aswell). Needs to sort that out and quick.

- that last quarter of umpiring was disgraceful .

- can't remember much else due to the beers but overall we finally had luck on our side and got the win so yeah.

Also if you haven't seen it there's a video on Facebook of Rohan's mark and goal to titanic music. It's really a work of art.

As infuriating as the umpiring was against us last night at times, we got away with a huge one in the final stoppage. Naismith shoved Bellchambers right in the middle of the back at the throw in. An umpire was standing right there too, can't believe he didn't pay it.
Bellchambers had a fistful of Naismith's jumper at every single stoppage, and never got pinged once. Only fair we get away with one per game.

Could someone explain to me what Naismith got pinged for against Watson?

Looked like a bump to me but maybe I was sitting at a wrong angle and thought nothing was in it. They didn't show a replay either but it cost us a goal.

Lance Franklin may have had a bad day goal-wise of 0-6 but his marking (especially that pack mark), tackling, field kicking is beautiful to watch.
Now for his 2nd home ground of the MCG :)

You don't think Citibank or QBE would be asking questions of the Swans after those comments. It would be remiss of them not to. It's the national broadcaster on a Friday night block buster. Huge exposure.

Could be you're the one underestimating

Half the audience switches off the moment the final siren goes. The post-game isn't especially valuable advertising space (though it's better than nothing), and had an average audience of about 300k (that declines in a pretty linear manner over the hour, regardless of whether BT is roaming or not). Sponsors wouldn't be too concerned, I wouldn't imagine. The post-game bunting isn't where the exposure is.

I'd imagine Citi/QBE were happy with this...

IMG_2217.JPG

Last edited:
Half the audience switches off the moment the final siren goes. The post-game isn't especially valuable advertising space (though it's better than nothing), and had an average audience of about 300k (that declines in a pretty linear manner over the hour, regardless of whether BT is roaming or not). Sponsors wouldn't be too concerned, I wouldn't imagine. The post-game bunting isn't where the exposure is.

I'd imagine Citi/QBE were happy with this...

View attachment 386143
ok. Welcome to the conversation have a great night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree regarding his commentary. He doesnt piss me off anywhere near as much as he seems to others. And I'd also much rather listen to him than Basil, Dwyane or Bruce.

Regarding the issue with him not being allowed into the rooms I'd personally like to know the reason the club denied it. Despite the s**t questions, I enjoy the spontenaity of his segment and find that you actually get to feel a bit of the passion and emotion in the rooms after a game instead of the repetitive one on one interviews.

Having said that, the club were well within their rights to deny him entry and the professional thing to do would have been to suck it up and move on, instead of sooking about it.

I'm a big fan of Huddo

Bellchambers had a fistful of Naismith's jumper at every single stoppage, and never got pinged once. Only fair we get away with one per game.
What about the 4th Quarter free against Naismath for "blocking" Bellchambers as he went back, eyes on the ball to take a contested mark? SURELY that was no free!???
I lost it at that point and would've been done for 2nd degree manslaughter (not murder) if I'd of been at the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back