Preview R14: Changes v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hadnt hit the form he was in at the back end of last season but I think he was adjusting to having Garlett down there as well who was the go to small forward

Think your right on Jones and Bail, Id take Jones for another year and move Bail on
I love Kent and he only going to get better, we got a steal with him.

Yeah Jones is still under contract next year so if he keeps his form up I see no reason to get rid of him early at the moment

I loved when we had Phil Read and an Angry Brent Moloney in the same midfield..

Read is certified legendary. Moloney was a complete ******* from go to wo who did little else than bark words and puff his chest out when on field. ******* cream puff.

Give me a 2 seasons of El Byron over Moloney's career at Melbourne any day.

Putting Bryce Gibbs' tackle to shame, this is how its done, cupcake:

Read is certified legendary. Moloney was a complete ******* from go to wo who did little else than bark words and puff his chest out when on field. ******* cream puff.

Give me a 2 seasons of El Byron over Moloney's career at Melbourne any day.

Putting Bryce Gibbs' tackle to shame, this is how its done, cupcake:

Moloney was good at the start when he had Russell Robertson to bomb long too and we were a finals side

I loved Phil read though, complete mongrel
He was our jake king

Moloney was good at the start when he had Russell Robertson to bomb long too and we were a finals side

Meh, your original post was 'Angry Brent Moloney', he was a princess. Even chiwawa's can bark.

Yep, good question. First instinct is to just say 'yeah Viney gets the job on Priddis' but I have doubts about this one. Priddis just seems too big and strong for Jack. Maybe we send Vince to Priddis and try and get him to play a replica of the Adelaide game? Then Viney can run with one of Shuey or Gaff, who he seems a bit more suited to.

Really interesting game, this one. I can't get my head around anything but us suffering a belting, but I also think if we can break even in the midfield and get it going forward quickly, we have firepower there. They do too though, probably more than us. But then I probably rate our backline at least as good as theirs. Playing in Darwin means whoever is fitter has a huge advantage which makes me worried. When we get tired, we completely fall apart.

Tough one to know what will happen

I think if nothing else the location can be prone to throwing up some interesting game results

I know it is the dry season, but a bit of humidity - maybe some dew - it's possible the ball becomes a cake of soap. Then it could become a raffle

In what is most surprising to me - our improvement in being able to handle and subsequently dispose of the ball under pressure has been a highlight. Slippery conditions means it is a bang it forward type of game

Very interested in seeing Brayshaw go at it, as well as Hogan

oh and at the freo game last week... seemed to me a few thought a swap of hogan and mzungu plus a sweetener was a fair trade!

Last edited:
Viney did a great job on Selwood. Give him a crack at Priddis.

Matt Jones will get towelled up by anyone who can win their own ball. Gaff or Hurn for him.

Interesting the thoughts on here to tag Priddis - he has barely copped a tag since 2013

His main weapon is tight hands in close - which is awfully hard to stop even if you are right on someone

If Viney was to go to him - it would be best he plays on him at stoppages only and then runs free

Interesting the thoughts on here to tag Priddis - he has barely copped a tag since 2013

His main weapon is tight hands in close - which is awfully hard to stop even if you are right on someone

If Viney was to go to him - it would be best he plays on him at stoppages only and then runs free

This is why I wouldn't tag him, tag the blokes he's dishing the ball out to.

Yep, you dont tag Priddis. Its no easy task (especially with NicNat delivering silver service) but you just have to back your mids to beat him for clearances or at least try to break even.

Gaff and Shuey should get the tags for mine.

Viney to Shuey, whoever to Gaff.

He did a good Job on Rob Murphy as well, both him and Bail would be good players if they could tidy up there skills, you can certainly trust them to do a defensive job

Speaking of which I miss Clint Bartram
Barty :(

Who do we tag this week? Priddis is the obvious answer and reckon if you stop him you go a major way to stopping the eagles, problem is that he is practically unstoppable. Is it better to shut down Shuey and Gaff and give Priddis less support?
Typically teams tagged Shuey and Gaff and let Priddis do his own thing. Without those two as outlets, Priddis has to try and create off his own boot which he just isn't good at. Adding Yeo to the mix has made the typical tagging scheme not work so well though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ball is always wet in Darwin and so we need to go small with runners.

Hogan and Garland are automatic ins and JKH should come in given the likely conditions.

Outs should be Spencer, Dawes and Riley.

Toumpas to be sub.

Watts/Howe to second ruck.

Surely Vince goes to Priddis and Viney goes to Shuey.

Cross may go to Gaff with Garland coming into the backline.

Hogan and Garland are automatic ins and JKH should come in given the likely conditions.

Toumpas to be sub.

This is a horrible idea

Very few outs this week, as casey had the bye also.
Iin hogan, garland
Out spencer, toumpas/riley
Dont ask me who is second ruck

Agree that Priddis is too big for Viney, Priddis hasn't had a game under 20 possies for his last 46 games, he's too hard to stop. Thing about him is he isn't damaging by foot, he is a poor kicker, his best work is getting the inside ball and feeding it out to the outside runners in Gaff and Masten. Priddis averages 8.83 kicks and 21.42 handballs a game this year.

I would let Priddis get the ball but shut down the players he is feeding the ball to, let Priddis kick it. I would have Vince on Gaff shutting their best receiver out of the game and Viney on Shuey who is the second best ball winner but more damaging with it, this leaving more work for Priddis to do. Possibly then Matt Jones moving up on Masten.
Elephant sticker for you. You should be our pro bono opposition analyst.

Toumpas to be sub.

I love your self-belief Fat Tony. Agree with your ins but I'd be jettisoning Toump, Stretch and Dawes. Leave Riley as the sub. I think Watts doing relief ruck is completely implausible. Might also set him back confidence wise after a few very encouraging weeks. No ruck please. Ever.

Watts went into the ruck briefly when Pedersen got injured. We will lose the ruck anyway no matter who goes up.

Let it go mate, we should have picked NicNat ahead of Watts :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back