Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
If we win only one more game this year, I want this one.

Possible ins: McKenzie, McCartin, Fisher, Billings, Sinclair (if elevated).
Possible outs: Gilbert, Delaney, Minchington, one of the tall forwards, Ross, Ray, Savage.

I'd really like to see McCartin in after a great game at the lower level, and despite the failure of our forward line to kick a score (for whatever reason), it's hard to see who he would come out for unless you sent Riewoldt out of there. We miss Billings and Fisher, and I'm an unabashed Daniel McKenzie fan.

Personally I'd probably err on leaving McCartin out, bring in Fisher and Billings for Gilbert and Minchington. But I'd like it if they kept Minch in.

Last edited:

Must win, Essendon are unbearable. It's a shame Goddard drank all the Kool-Aid, he was one likeable "Essendon person".

IN: Billings, Fisher
OUT: Minchington, Delaney

Expectation once again is that Longer is one of our better players.

Fisher on Daniher, with Dempster dropping back to help in the air. Personally I'm pretty confident we'll be competitive at the very least. Sinclair definitely an in if Curren is put on the Long Term Injury list. Carlisle a big out for them.

Jack Billings' averages vs Essendon: 20 disposals, 6.5 marks, 2 goals, 5 Inside 50s, 2 Marks Inside 50.

Last edited:
untitled_4_1aosv2l-1aosv2r.jpg

If Fisher's right he's in, otherwise I say debut time for my man Hughy!

IN: Billings, Sinclair, Fisher/Goddard.
OUT: Minchington, Delaney, Ross (stiff).

FB: Dempster - Gilbert - Geary
HB: Savage - Fisher* - Roberton
RK: Longer - Armitage - Steven
CR: Newnes - Weller - Montagna
HF: Billings - Riewoldt - Schneider
FF: Lonie - Bruce - Membrey
IC: Dunstan Ray Webster
Sub: Sinclair

Let's get Hird the sack!

Last edited:
Out -
Minch - Not a small forward and shouldnt play at AFL level until they can give him a run in the middle.

Savage - Harsh but he is just not finding the footy up the ground. Give him a week or teo in the VFL to try and get some touch.

In -
Sinclair - Was massive in the VFL and deserves his spot in the 22.

McKenzie - Was also huge in the dying moments and we need his composure when kicking inside 50.

With Carlisle out Fish can have a rest. Id also give Billings another week need to take care of their bodies.

Delaney and Gilbert to double team Daniher. Can we get JWeb to tag Zach Merrett please?

Outs: Minch, Schneids
Ins: Billings, Sinclair (only if Curren is placed on the LTI)

Don't think it's the right time to bring in McCartin as of yet, he needs to continue destroying in the VFL to keep building his confidence.

Give old man Fisher another week off. Not sure about Goddard, don't think he will play. Delaney did hold his own.

No way do I see Ross going out after his performance. Picking that 3rd out is pretty damn hard though.
Just went on possessions... Yep, third is tough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've badly missed Billings and Sinclair's class, skill, smarts and goal sense in the past two weeks when we've had the ball locked in our half for big chunks of time, but have struggled to kick goals, so I definitely expect both will come in if available and on the list. If both come in we may have seen the last of Minch, at least for this year.

Savage is being moved all over the place and not commanding a spot anywhere, so I think he could be on shaky ground and it will be interesting to see who goes out down back if Chips is back. Delaney would be stiff after he was very good on the weekend, but I doubt we'll leave Gilbo out, especially if he was badly affected by the flu, as has been said. He is a lot more versatile than Delaney and we know that he will have the odd game when he makes costly blunders, but we need to see if the very good Gilbo is still in there. The one who was good enough to come top 3 in the B&F of a GF team at just turned 24yo and who came 8th in 2009, at 22/23yo.

Last edited:
Billings has been suffering from shin soreness. I believe the extra week to make sure his young body was right was Saturday, so unless he reinjures something, he should play v Essendon.

In: Billings, Fisher, McKenzie/Sinclair

Out: Minch, Gilbo, Ray

No it won't happen but think we need to have a bit more youth and we have enough senior players on the field for leadership. Gilbo and Ray should be pushed out before seasons end hopefully.

Time for Lee or Goddard to get a gig. Too many short, poor ki
In: Billings, Fisher, McKenzie/Sinclair

Out: Minch, Gilbo, Ray

No it won't happen but think we need to have a bit more youth and we have enough senior players on the field for leadership. Gilbo and Ray should be pushed out before seasons end hopefully.

Schneider needs to go too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back