Preview R15: Changes v Essendon: Lumumba, JKH, AVB, Harmes (debut) in for Spencer, Bail, Jones, Toumpas

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the ins and out sucks that Grimes has effectively been dropped, guess he's gone at the end of the year. Hope he ends up somewhere nice.

I dont know what to say about Grimes, If we can get good value for him Id trade him but I cant help remember the player who was an intercept marking king in his first few seasons and wondering if he could ever get back to it

Only one I'm a bit skeptical of is JKH. I've actually forgotten what happened - was he injured and now straight back into the senior side?
I hope his intensity is up to scratch.

Reckon Roos wants to use his speed and there isn't much else to choose from.

Jeremy Howe is a Garbage footballer, how many times does it need to be said that without his acrobatics he doesnt do many things that justify being on an AFL list
The Ox described him as a one trick player up in Darwin.

Yep the definition of a passenger for large chunks of the season.

I feel we're very quick to forget Howe had zero pre-season, literally.

No doubt we'll remember it at the end of the year when we want clubs to give us a good offer for him.

Also can't believe Howe is didn't get dropped, should be shot out of a cannon after last week.

Sounds anatomically challenging but I'm willing to try it.

I feel we're very quick to forget Howe had zero pre-season, literally.

If the lack of a pre-season is still a legitimate excuse for guys who've played every game of the year, they may as well get written off for the year. Bring in a round 1 draft to pick up blokes from the local leagues to replace injured players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeremy Howe is a Garbage footballer, how many times does it need to be said that without his acrobatics he doesnt do many things that justify being on an AFL list
Garbage footballer yes. But he can pack mark, mark on the lead, decent set shot for goal, solid endurance and speed, reasonable long kick. He has all the tools to be either a 3rd tall forward or an intercept marking back flanker. He doesn't have the competitive instinct or work rate and it's been lacking much more this year than in any previous year. The contract must be messing with him.

If we had anyone besides Hogan who could take a mark and kick a goal he wouldn't get a game. But we don't.

Vanders or Harmes the sub I think. Want to see Vanders play but he might be the smart option. Brayshaw should start as his legs would've had a rest. JKH should start because otherwise with 2 weeks off he'll struggle to get match fitness any time soon.

In: Lumumba, Harmes, vandenberg, Kennedy-Harris

Out: M. Jones, Bail, Spencer, Toumpas

Great changes. Love ya work Roosy.
Encouraging changes.

Looking forward to seeing Harmes.

Good to hear, he has a few tricks - think he's got more upside then Michie or Riley (who I think can still play a few games for us).
Who would know whether Riley can play a few games when every time he plays he gets dropped (even when he gets 10 touches as the sub in the last quarter), give him a go in the mids c what he is made off.

Melksham and Hocking out for Edwards and Ashby. Two hard bodies out for two outside runners. Whilst Kavanagh sits on the sidelines.

If Melbourne loses this the club should probably shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back