Prediction R15: Changes vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

25 goals last year in an awful forward line wasn’t that bad.
Has 12 this year and is out of form and was in a similar forward line for a while. Would like to see him with apeness and Cox there too

Funny how the forward line looks awful when he’s there.

Last 2 weeks it’s looked a million times better. Wonder what the key is there?

Quite a few reasons, not just the absence of McCarthy.

His form has been s**t, but the wheel will turn and he can be a good contributor to the team.

Because now Apeness has been selected and Cox got brought in.

Can you blame McCarthy for struggling while playing on the best defender as an undersized key forward with Kersten as your back up earlier this year? Yuk!
Then Cox cape back in as a 10 gamer player who only broke out last week and is still so raw (though talented)

Taberner went out injured and Ross acknoledged that they didn’t pick a team to back up Cam. Set him up to fail. Perhaps you shouldnt expect him to be the next Pav and you might be a little more understanding.

Remember at GWS he was in a team with Lobb Cameron Patton (3 monster talls)

AP has a broken thumb I thought. I think Ethan Hughes is next in line, was the travelling emergency this weekend.

Err - yes of course. He’ll need another week if the 3 weeks on the injury list is accurate.

Just Walters for Ballas then.

Down the track AP for Nyhuis, BHill for Sherro and Tabs for Apeness?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s his best.

With roughly 30 games for Fremantle and playing as a forward a best of 3 is pathetic. What else is it?

Josh Kennedy took 36 games before he kicked a bag of 3 and 45 games to kick 4. The latter coming in the last game of his 4th season of senior football, which is what McCarthy is in now.

Was Ballas that bad? I know he missed that sitter but he still got that goal when Fyfe shanked it to him.

I’m biased, but it would be Sherro out for Walters for mine.

Would normally agree but Sherro has been pretty good and Giro is lively. So Ballantyne may be the unlucky one.

AP says he will be back for the Brisbane game but also hesitant to drop Nyhuis after his great couple of weeks. Maybe give AP an extra week to make sure the injury has healed rather than rushing back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been a staunch supporter of Ballas but I honestly think he now has to make way.

He tries his heart out and is very corageous but that can only go so far when you miss sitters and fumble like he did and get in the way of hand ball receivers. Theb the gall of having hands out asking for a easy goal in the goal square when he should have been offering a shepherd or block for our other bloke that was also in the goal square with the ball already taking a shot! Unfortunately the list goes on...

In regards to McCarthy, there's no doubt he's struggling at the moment.. a lot of that was asking too much from a 3rd tall and some would be his own form but to write him off is ridiculous. I think because he come across from GWS we lose sight of how fresh he still is, this is amplified by the position he plays in.

He's never going to be a 60 goal forward, I think when he comes into his own he will be that higher possession/play making/link up/3rd tall type, if that's even a type .

Kersten is really coming on as a defender, that kick of his is awesome!! Nyhuis is not flashy or elite but he is surprisingly so reliable.. I don't think he made a single mistake yesterday so it would be rough to pull him out but I think he's the one to make way for AP when he's ready.

So under the assumption they're all ready...

Walters in for Ballas
AP for Nyhuis
Hill for Tucker

I tell you what though, once the cobwebs are blown out Brad Hill had want to perform because Tucker, while inconsistent, has had a couple of good games this year and is due to explode I reckon.

I said it before he came here that people's expectations on him would be way over the top.

Given freo offered two first round picks, the club has high expectations of him.

I do think he could thrive as a high half forward as some are saying, his field kicking is too notch.

Sherro has earned his spot and kicking has been sublime since his recall. His

Unfortunately tucker could be in the gun for billy after he served his game at Peel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back