Preview R16 2018 Sydney v. Geelong Thursday 7:20pm SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like towers in but not a fan of Rohan out, he’s too valuable even if that is only with a few possessions and especially with Heeney out aswell. It becomes too much of a grind when one dimensional average players like robbo, Cunningham, marsh, fox etc are in the team. Because of that I don’t think we will win, if we do it will be one of them unpleasant grinds that we’ve seen a few times already when we didn’t have a fully fit squad to pick from.
In the form Rohan is in mate what values is he bringing to the team atm?

He really hasn’t done much since the cats game down at skilled

I love him but he needs some form and confidence

What are his pressure acts across the league?

kneecapper

Club Legend
Jun 1, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Well done, you have a memory (of sorts). It’s a pity you won’t point out any retractions, apologies or even appraisal that I’ve ever made and what were they...2 years ago? But hey, you saw a comment or two...you’re right with your judgement!
I don't live on this forum. I just remember your constant disrespect of a club champion and thought it was funny that you'd moved on to lecturing people on how to be a good supporter.

Cheers, I'll be watching with interest :)
Envy that you see so much more than us from watching on TV.
go bloods banner.jpg

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm not usually pessimistic regarding the Swans but with Hanners and Jack vs Kelly and Ablett I don't see us winning this. Heeney is a big out for us, one we can ill-afford. Papley too.
Good to see both Fox and Towers get a shot. I think both can be regulars from here. I hope they both put in solid efforts and find a bit of the footy.
AA will be under the pump in this game I reckon with Ablett and co delivering it into attack pretty regularly. A very important game for him with Marsh and Melican in the wings. Make or break time.
I even wish it was down there as we'd have a better chance - it's been made even narrower I think I saw this week.
I hope Dawson is played in the middle has a big game in the ressies. We will need options after this week me thinks.
Hope I'm wrong. Go Swans.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
At least they have gone like for like. Robinson for Rose. No impact and Very little impact. Lack of depth on this list will keep on seeing blokes who are not AFL Standard Players being called upon. Robinson is hard as a cats head but comes in tackles his arse off with no impact on the opposition at all because he has Rohanitis. He can't ******* get the ball !!!!!!!!!! Towers has been bagged from pillar to post for his inadequacies but FFS he has given his all to this point in any role he has been asked including a midget ******* ruckman and is more than capable yet he can't get in over Robinson ? Not to mention he can hit the ******* scoreboard. Just GTFO !!!!!!!!!!!
Great stuff. But I guess you missed Towers being in too? :D

SilentHunter_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Terra firma
AFL Club
Sydney
At least they have gone like for like. Robinson for Rose. No impact and Very little impact. Lack of depth on this list will keep on seeing blokes who are not AFL Standard Players being called upon. Robinson is hard as a cats head but comes in tackles his arse off with no impact on the opposition at all because he has Rohanitis. He can't ******* get the ball !!!!!!!!!! Towers has been bagged from pillar to post for his inadequacies but FFS he has given his all to this point in any role he has been asked including a midget ******* ruckman and is more than capable yet he can't get in over Robinson ? Not to mention he can hit the ******* scoreboard. Just GTFO !!!!!!!!!!!
Again I liked just for the fusion reaction.

I've been wondering why there is no discussion about the game itself and the strategies that could be employed. No talk about the possible match ups, whose game to watch, strengths and weaknesses... just dumping on players that we don't want in the team.

Generally, the best way to start a discussion is to ask a few open ended questions... it appears BF might be the exception lol:oops:
Said my bit early on.

Danger will play forward Rampe on him. Rampe better perform, he has been ordinary to ok of late and Danger has smacked the crap out him before.

George to Sellwood.

Put Jack, or Hanners, on Gaz. All game. They are pointless at the moment. Give them one job and see what happens.

Kennedy is back to his best, I reckon he was injured, and will carry this s**t home.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
We won't win this one I'm afraid.
Cats rebounding but our team has weakened & the Cats have their stopper back.
Expecting a loss with Buddy a non event & Danger & Ablett tearing us a new one.

Envy that you see so much more than us from watching on TV.
View attachment 522268
Not this year... :( Haven't got to many games at all and I'm stuck in the country and it's a 10 hr round trip. But I'll be back next year...:D

It's amazing how much they don't show you on the TV coverage :rolleyes:o_O

Jack2Jack

Club Legend
May 3, 2011
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Heeney is a massive loss, really bad time to be undermanned and they're very close to full strength now....but when you've got Kennedy and Franklin in the team there is always a chance, if one of those guys decides to enter beast mode they can rip a game apart and carry a lot of players on their shoulders.
It feels a game we really need to rely on most our bigger names really stepping it up and staring to win. Reckon it will be a close one.

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
5 disposals from Jack last week and he’s been s**t all year, Horse pretty gutless fm. Jacks presence can only hurt us, no poise, pace or skill. Get out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't live on this forum. I just remember your constant disrespect of a club champion and thought it was funny that you'd moved on to lecturing people on how to be a good supporter.
You don’t live on this forum, yet I had a constant disrespect of McVeigh...how do you figure that one? I’d be more than happy for you to collate the negative things I’ve said about McVeigh and compare them with the positive. Oh and suggesting someone should retire to avoid going that one year too long is not negative and I’m more than happy to roll that one out this year too (even though he’s been brilliant)!

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
In the form Rohan is in mate what values is he bringing to the team atm?

He really hasn’t done much since the cats game down at skilled

I love him but he needs some form and confidence

What are his pressure acts across the league?
He breaks the lines with the runs he makes even if it’s 2 or 3 times a game. The second you take him out you get that 0 times a game because no one else in the team is capable of doing that other than maybe Jones. At times we are desperate for those runs. Robinson or towers or fox isn’t going to give you that, nor are they going to get you desperate goals, these guys make us even more one dimensional and incapable of breaking down a teams defence when it is a grind.

This big miss for me is Papley.....with him and Ronke we have two really good smalls who get off the leash...Robinson might not have to do much more than fill the space in front of Danger. He doesn’t need to impact with the ball so much if he can do a defensive role. The cats don’t bat deep so George will tame Selwood, Danger up forward can be kept quiet if the midfield win and we should deal with their defence without much trouble.

One thing for sure, if we have learnt anything over the past two years, it’s be the best in September.....we might be timing a great run with the players coming back in...just get to the finals, and this game should get us 1game closer.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Watching the Swans live I haven't seen McVeigh much on the wing if it all to be honest. But he does push in to the midfield every now and then (outside the stoppages) to give good delivery inside 50. Anyways here goes:

(1) No they both play similar roles so they'll share the ball more I suppose.
(2) I actually don't know who takes most of our kick ins. I don't pay that much attention to it when watching. Better ask someone else about that one.
Ok thanks for that! So pretty much it's just a matter of whichever one of Mcveigh/Lloyd getting to the right spot, rather than having a primary focused rebounder in either?

What seemed to be lacking last week was a marking target coming out of defence or really anywhere down that wing. We missed Heeney after he went um missing then off and McCartin doesn't get that far up the ground. Sinclair has had two poor games in a row and should be that target need a serious lift from him around the ground as the ins aren't really a target option, though fox can take a grab. Looking forward to Reid fixing all that up. Rohan does provide a target but hasn't been clunking them and also leads the wrong way a bit to try and get out the back. If he lead direct who could go with him. But irrelevant with him out. If we can compete in the air and not let Geelong that kind of dominance will go a long way to victory for the Swans. Good luck to Towers in his return and Fox for a bit of grunt. Robbo could play a role too in negating a mid.

kelpie_X

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
So, what do we think have been the issues with the cats defence? And do we think that Dangerfield sill play a high centre half forward role similar to Buddy, or will he play in the mids? If he plays a Buddy type role, will Rampe go with him or pick up in F50?

Should Hewett play on Selwood?
He'll play deep forward to keep Rampe out of the running role. They'll look for him regularly and hell mark everything that comes his way

Don't like Heeney missing obviously but OK with the ins. Towers is still best 22 in my opinion. Don't get the Robinson hate. Does enough to earn his spot.

I dont believe we have a best 22. We have a best 16 and the last 6 spots are uncertain and rotational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back