Autopsy R16, 2020 Swans vs Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I do wonder why we had NO changes. A few of our players definitely needed to be rested.

Melican/McCartin have become a really good pair.

McLean had a few almost moments, imo some bad kicks away from didn't help. Needed more balls ontop of his head, not a leading player.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Did Hayward have a good game? I can't tell anymore. I think we was good with pressure and marks, just wish he would hit the scoreboard a little more.

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Longmires default comment, lack of effort.

He thinks they are all machines and should be able to play full speed every week

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Very short interview and all about effort,

Hahaha, I think that was the loud ones, though I might be wrong.
Might peruse the posts to see what actually happened, but it really doesn't matter.

It really doesn't matter, and I don't mean to harp on about it, but tonight was very evidently a team that had less in the tank with every passing quarter. Symptomatic of a team that had a few chinks in the chain that shouldn't have been out there, Rowbottom the most obvious of a handful.

I have given Horse plenty of credit for our performances this year in wins and losses, but he needed to be better at selection on this occasion.

wills2g

Premiership Player
Jun 15, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
we showed the potential of what the team can achieve in teh first half

its full strength carlton.. vs 6-8 arguable best 22 out for us

again, JPK and Parker didn't fully carry the load so kids got to shine

s**t umpiring took the energy out of the boys

sucks to lose but honestly, like i said, its a full strength carlton.. in a couple of years we'll be laughing at carltons rebuild up the ladder lol

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Longmires default comment, lack of effort.

He thinks they are all machines and should be able to play full speed every week

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Very short interview and all about effort,
To be fair, he's not wrong imo. Team went into their shells, they ran out the game better.

How much of that is selection? I don't know, but we definitely didn't work as hard as Carlton in the end there

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Did Hayward have a good game? I can't tell anymore. I think we was good with pressure and marks, just wish he would hit the scoreboard a little more.
The past month I think his pressure has been really good and he seems to be pretty strong in the body now, often standing up in and breaking tackles to dish the ball off.

Just needs to take more marks.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Rampe sole captaincy next year. Only captain we can rely on every week to perform to standard.
Parker and JPK were....
Gosh I don't think they were in our top 10 players today. Faded as badly as anyone. Somehow relying on Florent and co to pick up the pieces

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Actually glad Taylor missed. Didn't deserve to win off that free. Would of been hell listening to all the talk shows talk about that free.

Parker and JPK were....
Gosh I don't think they were in our top 10 players today. Faded as badly as anyone. Somehow relying on Florent and co to pick up the pieces

This myth that captaincy has suited Parker needs to come to an end. He's had seven matches this year with below 20 possessions. I don't care if he's surrounded by youngsters. I don't care if he has no decent service from the ruck. I don't care that he's had a greater responsibility with fellow leaders out. I just don't care. You're the captain and leader and one of the most experienced guys out there. Do better. Find a way or give it up to the guy who knows how to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he was very good. Plenty of defensive pressure and a goal, could have had 2-3. Good game.

Troystenvic

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
The ice-cream will get served with all the trimmings tomorrow night only because I love my little girl.

We are going to be a seriously good side in the not too distant future. So much raw talent out there and half our team is a bunch of sticks.

Another 50 odd games of experience and some big off seasons in the gym and we will be there abouts again. Needs some bigger bodies and bigger tanks out there

We will have some of our 'Guns' back too.

A really big off-season coming up. List management is crucial this year and next. A ruck and a genuine A grade ready made mid would be perfect.

I hope we can keep the nucleus of this team together and continue to take games on.

We are in so much better shape then the likes of Adelaide, Scumthorn and others.

I'm excited about what the next few years hold for our club.

The first quarter tonight and the second quarter from last week get me excited.

elastic

Cometh the moment
Jul 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
The ice-cream will get served with all the trimmings tomorrow night only because I love my little girl.

We are going to be a seriously good side in the not too distant future. So much raw talent out there and half our team is a bunch of sticks.

Another 50 odd games of experience and some big off seasons in the gym and we will be there abouts again. Needs some bigger bodies and bigger tanks out there

We will have some of our 'Guns' back too.

A really big off-season coming up. List management is crucial this year and next. A ruck and a genuine A grade ready made mid would be perfect.

I hope we can keep the nucleus of this team together and continue to take games on.

We are in so much better shape then the likes of Adelaide, Scumthorn and others.

I'm excited about what the next few years hold for our club.

The first quarter tonight and the second quarter from last week get me excited.
Yeah there is definitely talent coming through. I've been happy that the effort has generally been consistent. Still applying pressure and working hard. I think as Swans supporters we take it for granted but the young players are definitely onboard and know what is required consistently each week.

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
For those suggesting we shouldn't have gone in to this game unchanged... I'm wondering who you would have selected that you think would have performed better than the players who were out there?

At this stage of the season the cupboard is pretty bare. With only games against Brisbane and Geelong to come before the season is over, it made sense to play the best team we had available, and I think that is what we did.

No doubt there are some tired players out there at this point of what has been a pretty crazy season, but it isn't going to kill them. The idea that some on here have a better idea about the physical condition or capacity of the players than the doctors, physios and coaches is laughable.

Yikes. Left for work at 3 qtr time, missed all the drama. Still saw the best bits and pick 3 still a chance

Hawthorn aren’t winning another game! Don’t be silly they are in full tank mode

For those suggesting we shouldn't have gone in to this game unchanged... I'm wondering who you would have selected that you think would have performed better than the players who were out there?

At this stage of the season the cupboard is pretty bare. With only games against Brisbane and Geelong to come before the season is over, it made sense to play the best team we had available, and I think that is what we did.

No doubt there are some tired players out there at this point of what has been a pretty crazy season, but it isn't going to kill them. The idea that some on here have a better idea about the physical condition or capacity of the players than the doctors, physios and coaches is laughable.

Um, easy. Stephens or Warner would've offered more than Rowbottom out there. Ling or COR would've provided more than Cunningham who has looked slightly off the pace the last few weeks. We could've played McLean in the ruck instead of Sinclair, with Amartey forward. Yes, we would've been smashed still, but Sinclair had to be moved out, and nothing changed except we lost Aliir in defence.

Your logic of 'fielding the best team possible' just doesn't hold up, because we just did, and they managed a quarter and a half of good footy. That's it. So now we blew a chance to rest a few who badly need it, in a match that was winnable if we could run the game out a bit better, and we now face a situation where we'll probably end up resting a few anyway, only this time against even harder opposition.

I am also sick of you and others sprouting BS about how the club always knows best, implying they are never wrong and we the fans are never right. The medical staff get it right all the time? Tell that to Harry Marsh and Toby Nankervis who watched from the sidelines while our hospital ward took to the field grand final day 2016 and did SFA between them. Tell that to Hanners who was cooked by the age of 27 because the medical staff OK'd him to play every week.

Sometimes it's okay to just accept that everyone involved in the club is human and they will **** up, from Rowbottom telling the coach he feels fine, to the coach backing him in when he's moving like a geriatric come game day. It's not a big ******** deal to just accept these things and try to learn from them instead of wearing rose-coloured glasses while riding your moral high-horse through the board.

I am still cranky about this loss. Any win the Carlollies has irks and particularly when it is against us.

Positives

Defence held up
McCartin and Dawson had good games
Dawson exhibits strong on field leadership
Florent and McInerney

Negatives

Experienced players let us down
Reversion to negative tactics
Horse's presser - arguably he was out coached.

Sadness

Age and battered bodies have caught up with JPK and Sinkers. Both need to think about retirement.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I am still cranky about this loss. Any win the Carlollies has irks and particularly when it is against us.

Positives

Defence held up
McCartin and Dawson had good games
Dawson exhibits strong on field leadership
Florent and McInerney

Negatives

Experienced players let us down
Reversion to negative tactics
Horse's presser - arguably he was out coached.

Sadness

Age and battered bodies have caught up with JPK and Sinkers. Both need to think about retirement.
IMO he was out coached on selection. As soon as the team was against a wave it was going to be tough to keep them standing.

No ins/outs, half injured/buggered players, young team. In the end we looked good in the first part of the 3rd as well, and then fell away. I don't think Longmire, for a second, said okay let's defend this. He would of wanted his team to play the game out, but we just couldn't do it.

I do think the experienced crumpled with inexperienced, which cost us. We needed a Rampe to really stand up (or someone like danger field, who stands up week in week out.)

Longmires presser was fine, you can't out coach a 39 point lead. That's simply our team combusting because of the situation that THEY put themselves in. Still our fault, but it was too late by half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back