Game Day R16 - Dogs @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

It's concerning that we need him that badly that it's an immediate 5 goal swing when he's removed from the side for mine.
Too young an inexperienced. Johnson and Ras are only in their second year. Having them at CB is the difference but they also have to get that experience somewhere. Fine line and we fluffed it today.

Subbing Fyfe out was the turning point in this match.
Having Fyfe on the bench and Johnson and Erasmus in the centre at that stage of the game was a bad call.
People still don't respect the influence of Fyfe's presence in such situations, even when he is down on form.

Critical point I think. Needed experience and strength in the middle when the big guns were on the bench, not just Fyfe, that’s when the dogs got their run on. Bugger

My Buddy is NOD

We have played awful footy for most of the year, finals was always a pipedream.
Just looking at the numbers if we'd won today we'd draw level with Bulldogs on wins.

We're now behind them by 2 games and the others around that mark get a free hit, particularly Essendon, Geelong and Saints.

It's 6 from the last 8 now.

We're done.

Fyfe needs to keep playing - the season isn’t shot (even though I’ve felt for months that we wouldn’t make the finals). Fyfe won’t get back to the player he was but needs to have some playing continuity and hit the ground running for 2023/24 Pre-season.

Erasmus should have been subbed in for Fredericks who had not done a lot to be honest.

It wasn't Fyfe coming off that was the difference. It was the midfield group that was playing when Fyfe came off. If you get Ras on a wing, MJ on the bench or whatever and play Brayshaw, JOM, Serong, Darcy during that time then that doesn't happen.

Too young an inexperienced. Johnson and Ras are only in their second year. Having them at CB is the difference but they also have to get that experience somewhere. Fine line and we fluffed it today.
This really is where selection of Banfields and Aish's in todays experience genuinely knocks on in to causing a truly damaging miscalculation due to a conservative approach to bigger bodies. It's a subtle and hidden mistake that can usually be argued one way or the other as not being of any great consequence until a game like today where it has an undeniable powerful negative impact.

This really is where selection of Banfields and Aish's in todays experience genuinely knocks on in to causing a truly damaging miscalculation due to a conservative approach to bigger bodies. It's a subtle and hidden mistake that can usually be argued one way or the other as not being of any great consequence until a game like today where it has an undeniable powerful negative impact.
what does that mean in English?

what does that mean in English?
Normally the Banfields and Aish selections can be argued as "who cares, didn't really impact anything". Today is the day when they did actually hurt us trying to get Erasmus into the game (for Fyfe) because we weren't brave enough to leave Aish out for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Normally the Banfields and Aish selections can be argued as "who cares, didn't really impact anything". Today is the day when they did actually hurt us trying to get Erasmus into the game (for Fyfe) because we weren't brave enough to leave Aish out for him.
What you on about. Aish was far from the worst today.

Actually agree.
Aish only came in on experience/age.
Erasmus was only out due to inexperience. Not the best change tbh

Some terrible turnovers in the last quarter and skill errors under pressure .Henry's one handed mark attempt then he kicked out on the full.Cox with some brain fades and Hughes getting caught.It's not the first time and won't be the last .

What you on about. Aish was far from the worst today.
Agreed but, well, that's kind of not the point though. Aish did a decent (some would say they were "whelmed") job but we wouldn't have been too far worse off with Erasmus and would've given him valuable experience. Subbing Fyfe off for him because Fyfe is a candidate for a rest and Aish was...ok, was a forced error on our part.

Yeah true. Thank f**k my other sides in other sports do well.

Manchester City winning a treble of fa cup, premier league and champions league is nice lol
Ah yes, Man City.

The west coast eagles of European football. How many charges are they facing for financial irregularities? 113, isn't it? Be funny if they're made to return those trophies.

Yeah true. Thank f**k my other sides in other sports do well.

Manchester City winning a treble of fa cup, premier league and champions league is nice lol
P***y. I'm a masochist looking for the unexpected first up flag in most of my teams. Tottenham, Minnesota Vikings, North Queensland Cowboys. Only one of those has saluted and even that I was too sour from Freo falling short in 2015 to fully enjoy.

Give me an underdog and I'm on them! Bring on the pain :thumbsu:

Ah yes, Man City.

The west coast eagles of European football. How many charges are they facing for financial irregularities? 113, isn't it? Be funny if they're made to return those trophies.
Nope west coast eagles of European football are either man united or your mob Liverpool LoL.

Only one thing you have going as a Liverpool fan besides those 6 European or champions league trophies, 4 or 5 UEFA or Europa league cups and 20 1st division or EPL titles, at least you are not man united LoL

P***y. I'm a masochist looking for the unexpected first up flag in most of my teams. Tottenham, Minnesota Vikings, North Queensland Cowboys. Only one of those has saluted and even that I was too sour from Freo falling short in 2015 to fully enjoy.

Give me an underdog and I'm on them! Bring on the pain :thumbsu:
I followed Manchester City before 2009 taker over of the middle eastern owners.

Tottenham Hotspur are not a bad team to be honest.

And yes I was happy north Queensland won the NRL title in 2015.

Switkowski is a hard worker but his best is not even near the class of a prime Walters or even Schulz at his best
He just needs to double is disposal numbers. He does a few great things but is not getting enough ball to be consistently dangerous. His goal tally would be ok then as well...

I followed Manchester City before 2009 taker over of the middle eastern owners.

Tottenham Hotspur are not a bad team to be honest.

And yes I was happy north Queensland won the NRL title in 2015.
My mum's family are all Blackburn Rovers but half of them mysteriously defected to Man U when Shearer left. So I enjoy City winning purely to spite them. I'm not as passionate about EPL so I mostly just chose the least successful of the big clubs (and now riding hard with Ange). I enjoy seeing good stories like Luton Town though mostly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back