Game Day R16 Ports vs STeaK @ Portress

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got a feeling we've looked at our fixture and upped the training loads over the last couple of weeks. Against both Carlton and St Kilda it's looked like the players have been doing just enough to win without getting out of second gear. I expect next week against Freo will be a similar dour win.

You are the crowd. Dont bemoan others lack of energy, do something about it.

I agree, but it’s usualy acts in the game that derive energy from supporters. Big marks, goals, strong tackles, unchecked runs, sequential play. Chip kick chip kick even though satisfying for a win, makes consistent atmosphere tough.

Therefore our missed opportunities cost us crowd momentum to a degree.

I've got a feeling we've looked at our fixture and upped the training loads over the last couple of weeks. Against both Carlton and St Kilda it's looked like the players have been doing just enough to win without getting out of second gear. I expect next week against Freo will be a similar dour win.
I thought ( hoped) that too.

We only used 73 (Saints 88) rotations. Jonas only went down late in the 3rd, so that’s not as much rest as usual for players. I hope it has been we’ve upped the load.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back