Autopsy R18, 2018 v Gold Coast: One of the biggest upsets in history.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't even know what to say.....I'm just numb. Only good thing that can come from this is when we have a game won in the first quarter it's reminded you have to play 4 quarters...

Coaches votes

8 Aaron Young (GCFC)
5 Steven May (GCFC)
5 Rory Thompson (GCFC)
5 Lachie Weller (GCFC)
3 Peter Wright (GCFC)
2 Josh Kennedy (SYD)
1 Alex Sexton (GCFC)
1 Luke Parker (SYD)

Young 4-4
May/Thompson/Weller Two 5-0s and One 3-2
Wright 3-0
Kennedy 2-0
Sexton, Parker 1-0

A few short memories on here. Does nobody else remember us getting slaughtered by 73 points in July 2010 by Melbourne, who at the time were being tipped for the spoon?

http://m.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2010-07-25/swans-big-loss-to-demons
Remember that game very well. On a short family visit holiday to Melbourne whilst still living and working overseas I was excited to see the Swans at the G Better still, we were heavy favourites. Game was over in the first ten minutes. We didn't give a yelp. One of those days when everything went wrong for us and Melbourne played incredibly well. Roos says it was his worst loss as coach of the Swans.

First game I traveled to attend at the SCG in many years was against Port earlier this year. That was nearly as bad. Very flat!

To balance that I saw us thrash the Saints and get up in the final moments against North, both at Ethihad.

Remember that game very well. On a short family visit holiday to Melbourne whilst still living and working overseas I was excited to see the Swans at the G Better still, we were heavy favourites. Game was over in the first ten minutes. We didn't give a yelp. One of those days when everything went wrong for us and Melbourne played incredibly well. Roos says it was his worst loss as coach of the Swans.

First game I traveled to attend at the SCG in many years was against Port earlier this year. That was nearly as bad. Very flat!

To balance that I saw us thrash the Saints and get up in the final moments against North, both at Ethihad.
I remember after Quarter Time thinking “OK, here we go, Swans will totally take control now” and the Demons just kicked more goals.

Then after the half time break I thought “alright, here come the Swans” and the Demons just kicked more goals.

Then after three quarter time I thought “OK, Swans are going to murder these guys” and the Demons just kicked slightly less more goals than they had in the first three quarters.

There was a bad Port loss in 2013? I remember it was pouring rain that game, but idk how we lost it. This one was probably worse though since there wasn't a weather equalizer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it? They had a lot of first round draft picks running around who have underachieved as a whole. Plenty of talent on their list given they have never made the finals.

who cares where they were drafted? they have been terrible

but for the record they had 4 top 10 picks- wright, brodie, kolgfijgjdlgldsfkjgldsjlgk, ah chee

8 picks of 50 beyond
4 rookie or other crap

it wasnt a draft rich side on the weekend,

this game is done, but could be a great line in the sand for the club for 2018

I still have faith in the pride of this group to bounce back

Just think if GC can beat us then surely we can beat any other side on the right day with the right mindset and intensity?

We will either have a great last few weeks heading into the finals with form or lose all 5 games and miss the 8.

this game is done, but could be a great line in the sand for the club for 2018

I still have faith in the pride of this group to bounce back

Yep game is done, but many of us have been concerned with our form line for some time. a few lucky/scrappy wins that papered over issues we seem to have. The gutsy hard-fought win over North 2 weeks ago needs to be put into perspective - North was just smashed by an injury-laden Collingwood.

This week's response is going to be interesting. We definitely have the potential to be much better than we have been

Remove this Banner Ad

Back