C: Watts Jones Vince
HF: Tyson McDonald ANB
FF: Garlett Hogan King
Foll: Gawn Michie Viney
Int: Harmes Vanders Stretch
S: Brayshaw

Out: Dawes
In: King

Give Viv a full game to see if he's up for it or not. Free Vince up on to a wing and get him to run and carry more. Rest Brayshaw as the sub. See if we can get away with Garland and Lumumba on White and Moore. Be brave and pick King at full forward where he'll bring the ball to ground and can back up ruck and then let Hogan and McDonald work together up the ground more. A couple of mobile forward targets actually leading at the ball is a novelty our forward line hasn't tried since the game against the Dogs.

FB: Lumumba Dunn Jetta
HB: Grimes Garland Howe
C: Watts Jones Vince
HF: Tyson McDonald ANB
FF: Garlett Hogan King
Foll: Gawn Michie Viney
Int: Harmes Vanders Stretch
S: Brayshaw

Out: Dawes
In: King

Give Viv a full game to see if he's up for it or not. Free Vince up on to a wing and get him to run and carry more. Rest Brayshaw as the sub. See if we can get away with Garland and Lumumba on White and Moore. Be brave and pick King at full forward where he'll bring the ball to ground and can back up ruck and then let Hogan and McDonald work together up the ground more. A couple of mobile forward targets actually leading at the ball is a novelty our forward line hasn't tried since the game against the Dogs.
Don't think King can play, no LTI spot

7 grand is needed just to cover the fine. So basically I would say 10 grand for a bloke to run onto the ground, and attempt to 'drop' Dawes. I don't usually give to charity but this is a good cause.
Also at the risk of being banned from the MCG, do it at etihad cause being banned from etihad is probably a blessing in disguise

Petracca, Trengove and Pedersen all on the LTI or eligible as LTI. Shouldn't be an issue.

Now whether they think King is ready and/or want to pay the 15,000 to find out is another matter.

You have to pay to elevate a rookie? AFL HQ Christmas party slush fund???

Surely Fitz is ahead of King, let alone Jamar who is playing well at Casey.

I would even propose Spencer as ruck, and throw Gawn forward - but I wouldn't want to interrupt Gawns recent bout of great form in the ruck.

Come on now. 2 and 20 were for 9 (Salem) and Tyson and a swap of late picks that fetched Hunt. 2 draft picks for 3 young talents.

2014 pick 23 we gave up for Frost, ANB and Oscar Mc.
2013 pick 23 we gave up for Vince. Can't argue with that.

I can't even work out when under Roos we gave up a pick 35 unless you think that's what Clark would've fetched.

In Hogan, Viney, Toumpas, Kent, Tyson, Salem, JKH, Hunt, Harmes, King, Petracca, Brayshaw, Stretch, ANB, O Mac, Frost, White we've bought in a fair bit of young talent all of whom would be worth watching if at AFL or VFL level.

It's disappointing that so far we are getting so little from Newton, Riley and Michie and that none of Matt Jones, McKenzie, Bail or Terlich have been able to keep a spot in the 22 as role players. If 2 or 3 of those could just do a job then we could keep guys like ANB at Casey are marvel in his 40 touch game instead of being disappointed that he's battling away on a forward flank in a bad team that is unsuitable to him.

So im not sure if you read my post properly, I said I agreed with the all of the trades except for the lumumba one which was a mid 30s pick if im not mistaken

My point was that we invested those picks to get a result in the now, not in the future and we are entitled to see better form from them than we have seen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh Lumumba wasnt our main issue on the weekend, but he wasn't good.

I think his last 6 weeks of work are worthy of a fair rocket of some sort.

Can't drop Lumumba. Not much to play for the rest of the year so we have to keep him so I can enjoy his aimless leg pumping, chest bursting dawdles out of the backline before roosting it greatly upwards in whatever vague direction he's currently facing. Unless he's on his left side. Then its panicked handball time.

Can't drop Lumumba. Not much to play for the rest of the year so we have to keep him so I can enjoy his aimless leg pumping, chest bursting dawdles out of the backline before roosting it greatly upwards in whatever vague direction he's currently facing. Unless he's on his left side. Then its panicked handball time.

So true.

After a solid preseason and early season showing, I just wish he provided us more run - but he's not even doing that.

So im not sure if you read my post properly, I said I agreed with the all of the trades except for the lumumba one which was a mid 30s pick if im not mistaken

My point was that we invested those picks to get a result in the now, not in the future and we are entitled to see better form from them than we have seen

No we got that pile of shyt as part of the three way: Varco, Clark, HarryO trade.

We basically got him for nothing given Clark "retired"

This is so good :D

I'm not sure if it's panicked handball, it's hard to describe, he kind of runs to the nearest player and sort of thumbles the ball awkwardly like he's playing hot potato to a player a foot away who is instantly under pressure.

I think you just made up a word - but I totally understand it. He's such a bloody thumbler.

Is it just me, or do you try to think about changes only to find your heart's not in it?

Absolutely! You start by going... Dawes out! Lumumba out! Oh wait, Roos won't do that. Then you end up shuffling around a couple of kids who've not really had much of a chance because they've been mistakenly started as sub or otherwise not been given much of a run a it. Or you shudder as you realise the depth players you've got to bring in are spuds like... well, you know who I'm talking about.

If Bail gets rolled out next week I will probably cry. If Jordy gets rolled out again ever I will be beyond tears, I think I will be numb. Is there time for me to work up a drug habit of some kind before the weekend? I suspect I will struggle to cope for this one

If Bail gets rolled out next week I will probably cry. If Jordy gets rolled out again ever I will be beyond tears, I think I will be numb. Is there time for me to work up a drug habit of some kind before the weekend? I suspect I will struggle to cope for this one

Dare I say it, but maybe Jordie should get a run this week. <cower from the rotten tomatoes being flung my way> Allegedly won plenty of the ball and used it well, on the weekend.

Casey reports also say that Fitzpatrick and Toumpas were injured: anybody have anything on those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back