Preview R18: Changes v Collingwood @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

It definitely smells like he's running the club lines. Critical of the thought/suggestions players in SANFL getting a call-up.

"Can't bring Worrell in cause we have Smith, Doedee and Dawson down back and you can't drop any of them!" like the thought of moving Dawson further up the ground is just something that won't be considered.

I didn't know whether to laugh of cry with this one...............

"Our midfield has been traveling really well. It's easy to talk about putting other players in the midfield, but who are we going to take out of there"

Is he kidding himself? This is a sign of a guy who just doesn't get it, if he thinks our midfield has been travelling well then he's deluded.

I know for a fact that a former Adelaide captain has privately labelled our midfield mix as being "****ing terrible", yet Nix is trying to sell this idea that our midfield is running beautifully.

Last edited:
lol at the footy media trolling Nicks.

If he drops Crouch it's "why did you drop him? how did he feel about being dropped? Is he going to stay?"

When he selects Crouch and he inevitably stinks its "how did you think Crouch went today?"

This is where you need a more frank coach like Blight or Walsh to just come out and tell the truth. Nip it in the bud early on.

So Rowey going to town on selection, talks about Crouch should be in but we move Keays to high half forward, Laird to defence.

Picked up some of Nicks comments about midfield mix.

Then on Kellys comments about SANFL pressure and then the ins all didnt play SANFL. Named a few juniors should be played.
*. Rosie must stalk big footy. I posted yesterday how I would structure up last weeks team (if we picked the same team) with Keays at HF and Laird in defence.

Hi Rowie!

Murphy has played about 50 games now and we know what he offers/brings. We are rebuilding why would you not give the unknown (Newchurch) a run of 6 games before the season ends. He might surpass Murphy or might be a dud, only 1 way to find out.

ee8f9d28d69adce7377c10c9a1040e88.jpg
Because we may risk not making the finals 🤪

*. Rosie must stalk big footy. I posted yesterday how I would structure up last weeks team (if we picked the same team) with Keays at HF and Laird in defence.

Hi Rowie!

I am pretty certain that Mark Bickley does.

I posted on here about our dismal metres gained stats against Gold Coast and compared the numbers between both midfields then a couple of days later Bicks pretty much repeated them vertbatim in an interview with Nicks.

Will Goodings is another who I think is a lurker too, a few of us started analysing our CBA (centre bounce attendance) stats last year and a week or so after that Goodings started talking about them on radio.

This, and it's a major factor in momentum-killing turnovers that create losses.

They have a natural kicking 'coach' in the side, if only they were prepared to use him in voluntary extra sessions away from training.
DAWSON.
(Interesting last night watching the Jarman brothers on The Front Bar last night, talking about playing kick-to-kick as kids. They alternated every kick, right-foot, then left. Both turned out to be dynamic kicks with both feet.
I've said before that I'd get Keays to train one night a week kicking only with his right foot. If he broke that rule, fine him $100 every kick, say, to go to a Charity. Then watch his right foot improve!)
So then it can be just as bad as his left foot kicking?

"Our midfield has been traveling really well. It's easy to talk about putting other players in the midfield, but who are going to take out of there"
Did he actually say that? :oops: :eek: :poov1: ... or are you interpreting?

That would make dropping Crouch this week totally nonsensical.

"Our midfield has been traveling really well. It's easy to talk about putting other players in the midfield, but who are going to take out of there"

Is he kidding himself? This is a sign of a guy who just doesn't get it, if he thinks our midfield has been travelling well then he's deluded.

I know for a fact that a former Adelaide captain has privately labelled our midfield mix as being "****ing terrible", yet Nix is trying to sell this idea that our midfield is running beautifully.
It is a terrible midfield.

But I give him some small amount of credit that we do have Berry, Shoey and Soligo now running through that midfield.

Needs to happen more often and less of Keays and Laird over the next 6 weeks.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I seem to recall we played Charlie Cameron before he was really ready/in consistent SANFL form because we liked his speed and x-factor?

I feel the same with Newchurch. Just give him a week and see what he does!

lol at the footy media trolling Nicks.

If he drops Crouch it's "why did you drop him? how did he feel about being dropped? Is he going to stay?"

When he selects Crouch and he inevitably stinks its "how did you think Crouch went today?"

This is where you need a more frank coach like Blight or Walsh to just come out and tell the truth. Nip it in the bud early on.
The media are having a big laugh trolling him. They know that Nick's is likely not making any decisions down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he actually say that? :oops: :eek: :poov1: ... or are you interpreting?

That would make dropping Crouch this week totally nonsensical.
He said it in the presser that George posted.

I've paraphrased it so it's not 100% word for word, but it's pretty close.

He mentions about how well the midfield is travelling at 2:55, he mentions the " who are you going to take out of our midfield" at the 5:00 mark

Last edited:
Rahilly just talked about Murphy having a "sacrificial role". Is that the new non-statistical role?

He said we've brought him in to play a "sacrificial role" on Pendlebury and Daicos, because he did well in that role against Melbourne on Lever...

He went on to say he feels sorry for our half forwards because they have to play sacrificial roles. What about, you know, goal kicking roles?

Did he really say that about Lever?
Yep, ignoring the fact Lever was one of the best players that game and that Murphy was dropped for the next match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back