Preview R18: Melbourne vs Essendon, the Melksham-Hibberd-Brown trophy, Carrara, 19/09/2020, 2:10PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead rubber for us. The only reason I'm interested in this game is to see Hibbo's last stand if he retires.

Maybe I'm interested to see if we can be competitive but I'm not looking forward to Oliver, Petracca and Viney pummelling the midget crew.

...and to see Joe. Maybe his last game in the sash?

I'd like to see a team like this;-

Hurley Zerk Saad
Ridley Stewart Laverde
McQuillan Shiel Ham
Langford Daniher Snelling
Stringer Hooker Tippa

Bellcho Parish Merrett

Bench: Clarke Smith Guelfi Draper

I really wish Lloyd would shut his pie hole

He's up there with the worst 'pundits' and a-typical of today's football media, they don't report, it's just a game of opinion. Once upon a time opinion pieces had their own small section of the newspaper, clearly labelled. Now it's blurred, the reader isht to know opinion from fact

Anyhow Lloyd, tries to portray this hard hitting persona, pulls no punches, says what needs to be said. Bah. To me he comes across as a monotone , punch drunk simpleton who says controversial things because he thinks it seems hard hitting. If anyone questions him... Umm ahh umm duhh. No reply, if it's not scripted he's lost.

He has always said he is impartial, and isn't in the media as a former Essendon Champion. But it doseht stop everyone going to him for comment as a former Essendon Champion, which inturn forces him to over correct in his reply , he has to be even more savage to try to alay any fears of bias.

At the end of the day, everything that he is accusing the club of, he was a part of, and complicit with in his tail end of his own time. I think he forgets how it is at club land, now that he has his pay by the click role...just keep rolling out the quotables Lloyd, savage, shocking, click click

I don't mind being critiqued, especially if it's on the money. I don't think he is, at all. But because he wore our jumper it's implied he knows more inside stuff.. meh

He's up there with the worst 'pundits' and a-typical of today's football media, they don't report, it's just a game of opinion. Once upon a time opinion pieces had their own small section of the newspaper, clearly labelled. Now it's blurred, the reader isht to know opinion from fact

Anyhow Lloyd, tries to portray this hard hitting persona, pulls no punches, says what needs to be said. Bah. To me he comes across as a monotone , punch drunk simpleton who says controversial things because he thinks it seems hard hitting. If anyone questions him... Umm ahh umm duhh. No reply, if it's not scripted he's lost.

He has always said he is impartial, and isn't in the media as a former Essendon Champion. But it doseht stop everyone going to him for comment as a former Essendon Champion, which inturn forces him to over correct in his reply , he has to be even more savage to try to alay any fears of bias.

At the end of the day, everything that he is accusing the club of, he was a part of, and complicit with in his tail end of his own time. I think he forgets how it is at club land, now that he has his pay by the click role...just keep rolling out the quotables Lloyd, savage, shocking, click click

I don't mind being critiqued, especially if it's on the money. I don't think he is, at all. But because he wore our jumper it's implied he knows more inside stuff.. meh

Lloyd is the loudest person in media land that reflects the passion, disappointment and frustration many supporters feel. Is he truely helpful with this latest rant...probably not. Is he impartial....no. Was he a part of the problems we see today.. probably. But it’s a hella lot more than the sterile response we get from the club.

Its this sterile response we have continually got from the club, and it’s been going on for so long now. I thought it was good to see Wooshas last press conference. I hope he goes harder this week. At who ever, anyone, everyone

We all know this list has many short comings, and mistakes have been made, but at least show some passion, someone please, inside this club. That’s what we need to change, and at least Lloyd is trying.

(actually thinking about it, at least Stringer and Townsend went the biff last week. When was the last time any person associated with this club got really pissed and showed some emotion..it’s been years, decades even)

Lloyd is the loudest person in media land that reflects the passion, disappointment and frustration many supporters feel. Is he truely helpful with this latest rant...probably not. Is he impartial....no. Was he a part of the problems we see today.. probably. But it’s a hella lot more than the sterile response we get from the club.

Its this sterile response we have continually got from the club, and it’s been going on for so long now. I thought it was good to see Wooshas last press conference. I hope he goes harder this week. At who ever, anyone, everyone

We all know this list has many short comings, and mistakes have been made, but at least show some passion, someone please, inside this club. That’s what we need to change, and at least Lloyd is trying.

(actually thinking about it, at least Stringer and Townsend went the biff last week. When was the last time any person associated with this club got really pissed and showed some emotion..it’s been years, decades even)

But he's not associated anymore, he's talking like a crazed bf fan. But being in the media it gets air time and creedence

Imagine if every one of eth or jade or bonce or mine or yours or Bruno or any in here's rantings were on the back of the paper each day... Would be terrible !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting because I normally read your posts and feel an alignment.

However I feel very differently to you when I hear Lloyd talk about football generally, and I can't recall hearing him talk about Essendon in a way that has really jarred with me. I find him a fairly clean thinker about footy. I always think the umms following a question are because he wants to be careful about not harming the subject with a response that's too sharp. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

I wasn't paying much attention across the last few years of his career. The Sheedy sag off and Knights period seemed messy but I really am genuinely curious as to what people see as Lloyd's role in the changing culture around that time.

The thing I remember most clearly from that era was Lloyd ironing Sewell and that incident alone shows a ferocity and commitment that is miles above our current list's.

But he's not associated anymore, he's talking like a crazed bf fan. But being in the media it gets air time and creedence

Imagine if every one of eth or jade or bonce or mine or yours or Bruno or any in here's rantings were on the back of the paper each day... Would be terrible !

You are right and I’m not trying to disagree.
Like it or not, as you said, it’s a game of opinion. Inside a club, in the media or sitting in the grandstands. Give me an opinion and passion as opposed to a straight bat response week in, week out no matter how bad results are. The reality is different ppls opinion carry more weight. We as humans go seeking that. But mine would be different to yours I’m sure. Right now I listen to what you and Lloyd have to say more than the club, because you both show passion and have an opinion.

“Has played his last game” past tense
Unless he's still got that knee injury... Seriously. We owe anybody who went through the saga a farewell game at the minimum.

No indication whether or not Tom will get a farewell game on Saturday in the article.

Do you believe players should get farewell games? Bereton has always said gifting games results in an overall negative impact on a club. Can we afford to do that. Does letting Tom play one last game help the club in anyway?

You are right and I’m not trying to disagree.
Like it or not, as you said, it’s a game of opinion. Inside a club, in the media or sitting in the grandstands. Give me an opinion and passion as opposed to a straight bat response week in, week out no matter how bad results are. The reality is different ppls opinion carry more weight. We as humans go seeking that. But mine would be different to yours I’m sure. Right now I listen to what you and Lloyd have to say more than the club, because you both show passion and have an opinion.

Upon reflection..... I've just done a Lloyd on this thread, how meta!

Do you believe players should get farewell games? Bereton has always said gifting games results in an overall negative impact on a club. Can we afford to do that. Does letting Tom play one last game help the club in anyway?
Yep. It's the last game of the season. We can't make finals. They guy has been here 13 years for over 100 games, a drug saga and a lot of injury mismanagement.

I'm not advocating it for guys that have had no impact here. Just the 100+ gamers

Interesting because I normally read your posts and feel an alignment.

However I feel very differently to you when I hear Lloyd talk about football generally, and I can't recall hearing him talk about Essendon in a way that has really jarred with me. I find him a fairly clean thinker about footy. I always think the umms following a question are because he wants to be careful about not harming the subject with a response that's too sharp. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

I wasn't paying much attention across the last few years of his career. The Sheedy sag off and Knights period seemed messy but I really am genuinely curious as to what people see as Lloyd's role in the changing culture around that time.

The thing I remember most clearly from that era was Lloyd ironing Sewell and that incident alone shows a ferocity and commitment that is miles above our current list's.

I believe he was given a few choices to help bring along the new era but wasn't keen on losing top dog status on the ground so pulled the pin early. I may be wrong, but dosent seem a team first ethos.

I think when I think of intelligent succinct worthwhile uppercuts I'll take them from Ross Lyon anyday, they seem to come from a genuine place, and he replies to dialog on his comments in constructive ways, he's also level, he takes into account injuries ECT and often calls for calm. I think Lloyd just comes in off the long run with something he has pre planned, all guns blazing. Like cornes. Perhaps it's the crocmedia mo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back