Preview R18 - Vs. Geelong

I believe the result will be <your deseried outcome here>

I hope that <players you want to be selected> plays instead of <player you want not to be selected>

It would be good to see <player you like> play well

:)

Swansujelly

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NBA, Woodville,
It wouldn't be a gift.. Gould has been spoken about as being close for the last few rounds. Also its the last game and if we lose (only if the Hawks win) it would be to our advantage.
Im not saying play him, Im simply saying 'Id like' to see him play
if Gould gets selected, one poster may explode, right Bedders?

if Gould gets selected, one poster may explode, right Bedders?

Given he has not shown much in the scratchies from all reports, i would be surprised if he was selected.

I don't think he does. Most recent photos show him looking pretty trim. Engine building maybe, but no way of anyone on this board knowing that really.

Fair enough. Put him in a running group with Dawson over the summer.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I don't think he does. Most recent photos show him looking pretty trim. Engine building maybe, but no way of anyone on this board knowing that really.

Agreed I saw a photo of him the other day and he looked like he had trimmed down a fair bit!

Maybe just the angle of the photo but that was my initial impression

In - Dawson, Rowbottom, Sinclair
Out - Taylor, Wicks, Amartey

How the **** does Bell keep his place over Wicks !!!!
Are they treating Bell as a tall?

The Gould angst is just indicative of the unrealistic expectations that a player's draft positioning casts over them. When Maibaum was taken at pick 45 in 2016, there weren't mass calls for his debut in his first season. When Melican was taken as a rookie in 2015, there were no calls for his debut either.

Just because Gould was taken as a second round pick, doesn't make him any more or less ready for senior footy than any other key position player learning the craft. In Gould's case, the restraint by Horse is even more justified given the well-documented question marks over his fitness.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
The Gould angst is just indicative of the unrealistic expectations that a player's draft positioning casts over them. When Maibaum was taken at pick 45 in 2016, there weren't mass calls for his debut in his first season. When Melican was taken as a rookie in 2015, there were no calls for his debut either.

Just because Gould was taken as a second round pick, doesn't make him any more or less ready for senior footy than any other key position player learning the craft. In Gould's case, the restraint by Horse is even more justified given the well-documented question marks over his fitness.

I agree, thought they might give him a sniff but not fussed they didn’t.

I agree, thought they might give him a sniff but not fussed they didn’t.

I reckon if he were virtually any other position, even ruck, he'd have debuted by now. But playing a key role in defence is very different to say playing a kid on a wing or a flank and if they barely touch it then no loss. If you aren't up to the level and you're in the back-line not reading the ball correctly or not able to man your opponents, it can be a debacle that leaves a kid a liability and could really knock his confidence.

Talk about serious quality coming into a team, just the 2 Brownlows, 5x MVPs, 14 All Australians, and 13 Best and Fairest wins

GEELONG
In:
J.Selwood, G.Rohan, J.Steven, G.Ablett
Out: B.Jarvis (omitted), L.Fogarty (omitted), B.Close (omitted), T.Atkins (injured)

Talk about serious quality coming into a team, just the 2 Brownlows, 5x MVPs, 14 All Australians, and 13 Best and Fairest wins

GEELONG
In:
J.Selwood, G.Rohan, J.Steven, G.Ablett
Out: B.Jarvis (omitted), L.Fogarty (omitted), B.Close (omitted), T.Atkins (injured)

and a Gary Rohan.

Back