Preview R19: Changes vs North - Jones in for VDB

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go to the 3rd with 754on clock you see this

the kick to Hogan would not have been 15mts & would have been in the middle of 3 pies players
Yeah. Definitely wasn't as certain of a pass/easy of a mark as everyone seems to think, Hogan had pressure coming from all angles. If he spills that mark in that position it would have been even easier for Collingwood to rebound through the corridor. Obviously the rebounded anyway, but it was more difficult from there than it would have been for the Hogan position.

I didnt say he had a bad game, but If Salem and Kent are fit then 2 have to go out
Probably Grimes and Michie though before ANB

It was interesting that Brayshaw played more forward and ANB more through the midfield.

Mitchie is definitely going before ANB. He hasn't done anything for...well...ever?

Lumumba hits targets? Apart from ignoring a superb Hogan lead and bombing the ball deep to Garlett outnumber 2:1 and from which the ball was then swept straight to the other end.
He made two nice handballs. The only kicks he gets right are the over the top ones for someone to run on to. Can't alter the trajectory or distance of his kicks at all. Absolute passenger.

I reckon salem comes in if hes ready, but i wouldnt be dropping grimes for a straight swap.
I say salem for mitchie, and let H have a run on the ball, and the wing

If you go to the 3rd with 754on clock you see this

the kick to Hogan would not have been 15mts & would have been in the middle of 3 pies players

So instead you kick it to garlett who has a 2-1?
Nah that was a simple kick for an afl player to make
About a minute earlier Garlo kicked an even worse one coming out of hb when he bombed it to a loose pies player at chb so I'm probably being harsh singling out the prince

Think it was a really wet game or something as the werribee tackle count was unusually high as well.

Think it was a really wet game or something as the werribee tackle count was unusually high as well.

Thanks for posting mate.

We have a Casey thread where stats have been posted - have a quick read, if you like.

I wonder whether we'll bring in another tall, to combat Goldstein and your other talls?

Jamar and Fitzpatrick have been in pretty good form for us.

Sorry mate. I didn't even look for the VFL threads.

I reckon this will be a reasonable footy match this week.

You guys are on a roll, and playing for sheep stations - and I suspect we will throw a little caution to the wind and try and take this game on.

I feel like a bit of pressure is off our guys after last week, and they dont have as much to lose.

Could be a fairly attacking game - particularly for a Dees game.

I reckon this will be a reasonable footy match this week.

You guys are on a roll, and playing for sheep stations - and I suspect we will throw a little caution to the wind and try and take this game on.

I feel like a bit of pressure is off our guys after last week, and they dont have as much to lose.

Could be a fairly attacking game - particularly for a Dees game.
I don't want a reasonable footy match! I want us to win!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Salem has to come in if he's right though?

Probably give him one more week, I'd love him back in but Roos is always pretty careful with players coming off injuries.

If we are to be any chance this week we have to bring the pressure we applied to Collingwood last week. I've seen Melbourne play some great and not so great football this year, but pressure wise that was the best I've seen us in a very long time. We fail to defend like that vs North and they will cut us up with the ball use of NDS/Harvey and their forwardline.

Looks like they're giving Salem that extra run down at Casey, and Firrito missing the match they probably aren't playing tall enough to warrant Fitz or Pencil/Jamar coming back into the side. Hopefully this doesn't burn us on the butt or the boys finally back up with 2 good games in a row!

I wonder whether we'll bring in another tall, to combat Goldstein and your other talls?
I wonder whether North will bring in another tall to combat Gawn?

I wonder whether North will bring in another tall to combat Gawn?

Looking really forward to see how Gawn goes here.

His last 6 games have been massive - but hardly against sides with great ruck stocks;

Collingwood, St Kilda, Brisbane Essendon, WCE, Geelong.

West Coast had NicNat, but neither of them played particularly well, and Brisbane had Stef Martin coming back from 3 weeks break - and he beat him but Martin still had 18 disposals and took 9 marks.

Looking really forward to see how Gawn goes here.

His last 6 games have been massive - but hardly against sides with great ruck stocks;

Collingwood, St Kilda, Brisbane Essendon, WCE, Geelong.

West Coast had NicNat, but neither of them played particularly well, and Brisbane had Stef Martin coming back from 3 weeks break - and he beat him but Martin still had 18 disposals and took 9 marks.
Dawes just as important to do whatever percentage needed in the ruck to rest Gawny. Gawny set the standard by pushing through the pain in the 3rd quarter and playing a good last against 2 ok rucks. Goldstein going solo might be easier although with Goldy's work rate I doubt it. So Dawes has to do the same percentage in the ruck as last week, with some of it against Brown/Petrie, but probably also some against Goldstein which will be a huge challenge for him.

Dawes just as important to do whatever percentage needed in the ruck to rest Gawny. Gawny set the standard by pushing through the pain in the 3rd quarter and playing a good last against 2 ok rucks. Goldstein going solo might be easier although with Goldy's work rate I doubt it. So Dawes has to do the same percentage in the ruck as last week, with some of it against Brown/Petrie, but probably also some against Goldstein which will be a huge challenge for him.
Dawes is still struggling with his other challenges. -kicking a goal, and taking a mark. Let's stick to the basics for him.

Whilst I understand what youre saying, if I said I was excited about seeing how Dawes would go this week - I would be lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back