Preview Round 2: Port Adelaide vs Essendon, Adelaide Oval, Saturday 27/03/21 @ 4:35 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering whether we bring Gleeson for a little more aerial cover and also to help with marshalling Francis, Laverde and Ridley.
Don't mind that. I think that was the advantage of playing Hurley, to be an on field coach. You can see Francis in particular acts on his instinct as a skilled mark of the ball rather than a stopper. Someone reminding him of just locking down every time the ball comes in wouldn't hurt.

Don't mind that. I think that was the advantage of playing Hurley, to be an on field coach. You can see Francis in particular acts on his instinct as a skilled mark of the ball rather than a stopper. Someone reminding him of just locking down every time the ball comes in wouldn't hurt.

Yep. I feel for Francis a bit. He has some clear ability but he has spent 2 seasons now with every issue in his game and parts of his psyche being exposed. Now, all of the sudden, he's the "experienced" tall defender. I'd like for none of this to be an issue for him but it is and now he's being asked to do do something else that doesn't come naturally while playing on guys who are much bigger than him.

Zach Package referred to it as TLC in another thread which is touching on a similar issue.

When you put Laverde, who has basically been in the same space his whole career, next to Francis it's surprising things have held together as well as they have.

While Stewart is not experienced he is at least big enough to be the fodder to play on Charlie Dixon and to match him physically. It was a massive loss and it needs to be covered with more than just another inexperienced defender.

My preferred set up at the moment would probably be something like

Francis Zerk Laverde
Hind Hooker Ridley + Heppell with a view to chop off as much as possible but unfortunately Hooker is too irreplaceable at the other end to play him as a defender so the pantry is a little bare.

Long time listener...long time since I contributed!
Redman at HF runs in at bounces and hits hard in our forward 50. Waterman in: kicks goals. Perkins in: does plenty and will benefit. Stringer in boosts all of that!? Lost to Hawthorn, beat Port. Trend data!!!??? Then Saints? Who knows? Stay strong.
Just pray Truck has them believing. I'm in.
And BIG SAMMY!!! Then also Andy Mac flattened that bloke who got into big Cox.
GO BOMBERS!!!

Waterman played half back in the VFL..... WTF??????????.......are they for real......the only guy.who has the ability and looks like who can kick straight for.goal playing defence.......there got no idea.......

He was good against Hawkins. We wouldn't be having this conversation if Stewart, Hurley or Ambrose were available, but they're not. I prefer Laverde to do the job over Francis and Ridley.
agreed, Francis is a spud and Ridley is better in a peel off role

B Hind Hooker Heppell
HB Smith Laverde Ridley
C Langford Parish Merrett
HF Stringer Jones Snelling
F Cahill Wright AMT
FOLL: Draper Shiel McGrath
INTER: Caldwell, Cox, Francis, Ham
Sub: Redman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Position changes. Hooker to man Dixon and try even the playing field somewhat. Laverde/Francis to play second and third tall. Ridley released from half back with Smith, Hind and Heppell.

Cahill back Forward. Looks lost as a defender and has a knack of kicking goals. Redman as sub to provide run if needed.

Shiel and Snelling to rotate through half Forward and the midfield.

Snelling is almost at whipping boy status here now

Not sure what people actually think they are gonna get from bottom 6 players in a team, every team has them/needs them

His games are pretty consistent, you know what you are gonna get.

14 disposals, 1 goal, 5 tackles is a decent output, he’s a long way down the list of problems.

Redman at HF runs in at bounces and hits hard in our forward 50. Waterman in: kicks goals. Perkins in: does plenty and will benefit. Stringer in boosts all of that!? Lost to Hawthorn, beat Port. Trend data!!!??? Then Saints? Who knows? Stay strong.
GO BOMBERS!!!
JayDon's posts. They're bloody rippers!!! I've missed them. More PLEASE!!!
So excited!!!

GO BOMBERS!!!
This nearly reads like a QAnon post.

This nearly reads like a QAnon post.
Redman in off the HFF. Pressure then turn if in our favour. Lock in and drive forward to goal or the other boys I mentioned.
QAnon: Really...but your narrative.!? Got a better plan? Got another theory on that mate?😜

Waterman played half back in the VFL..... WTF??????????.......are they for real......the only guy.who has the ability and looks like who can kick straight for.goal playing defence.......there got no idea.......

I think the term they use now is 'too cute'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back