Preview R20, 2018 Sydney Swans v Collingwood Magpies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Marsh would have been a better defensive option than Newman.

I'm still not convinced that we can turn things around given the way we have been playing lately. I just hope I'm proven wrong!

If we win this I think this will complete the season. I don't think we'll bounce back for the flag but defeat the Pies and we've;
-Beaten Hawthorn at their home
-Beaten Doggies at their home
-Unearthed Ronke who absolutely amazes me
-Resigned Aliir who has gotten back to his best
-Beat the Giants
-Get to watch AJ play AFL level footy again!

Almost a complete season

Seems a lot like the start of '17. A combination of injuries, players out of form, the team losing its way a bit.

WIth AJ as inspiration, injury-hit Pies could play us back into form. They go us last year, so there's that too. Just need to overcome home ground disadvantage.

Lol Crownbet has us 1.70 v 2.20 favourites. After that performance last week.
The betting is just wrong.

Stupidly so.

But meh, thought we would win last week. Shows how much I know.

If we win this I think this will complete the season. I don't think we'll bounce back for the flag but defeat the Pies and we've;
-Beaten Hawthorn at their home
-Beaten Doggies at their home
-Unearthed Ronke who absolutely amazes me
-Resigned Aliir who has gotten back to his best
-Beat the Giants
-Get to watch AJ play AFL level footy again!

Almost a complete season
I like your train of thought!
In what has been one of our worse seasons since I've been a member, it's good to remember there has still been some good come out of it.

It's what ever you want it to be. Nick Cave's lyrics are pretty obscure. Some take it as a drug reference but there's plenty of religious references.
Ill dig up an article where Nick talks about the song and pm you the link

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree wolftone - not much need for the profanity really. I was just stating it would be more likely they'll stick him on the wing if they want to manage part of his time rather than up forward.

Sorry

Ok ok, settle mate. I like your contributions but no need for the "FFS" bit.

Also, it is his opinion of what may/may not happen. No-one here knows what is going to happen as (as far as I'm aware) no-one is a current player or coach. As such, no-one on here is "right" or "wrong".

Ok Facts;

1. AJ has not played forward of halfback since his return

2. He doesn't play wing because he isn't fast enough against the greyhounds that play there these days

3. If Longmire were to play AJ forward or woing it would be silly since he has not played in those positions since junior years.

4. The frustration was because so many on this board keep suggesting playing players in positions they either have never played or haven't been geareed up for. If you look at training visuals you can generally see what group a player is training with, defence, mids or forwards. If I wish to get frustrated I will and if I wish to say FFS I will that is the idea of the board is it not to voice opinions. It doesn't mean I have to like your opinions or others opinions like you don't always like mine. But it is a free world. He has the right to say what he likes and I have the right to get frustrated.

It would be 'Safer' for him to play forward because the ball doesn't go down there much

Why would it be safer? He hasn't trained with the forward pack. He's training with the back pack. He has been playing back in the reserves. He has not played forward or wing in the reserves. He is FIT!!! He is READY!! Otherwise they wouldn't play him. I know a lot of fans are worried about him because he has dome his ACL a few times and had five ops. But please get over the kid gloves stuff and let him play his game. I wish people would stop treating him like he was a 10 year old. He's an adult. He was a great defender and will be again. Give him the chance to be that. PLEASE PEOPLE!!!!!

Why would it be safer? He hasn't trained with the forward pack. He's training with the back pack. He has been playing back in the reserves. He has not played forward or wing in the reserves. He is FIT!!! He is READY!! Otherwise they wouldn't play him. I know a lot of fans are worried about him because he has dome his ACL a few times and had five ops. But please get over the kid gloves stuff and let him play his game. I wish people would stop treating him like he was a 10 year old. He's an adult. He was a great defender and will be again. Give him the chance to be that. PLEASE PEOPLE!!!!!
It was a joke.

Calm your s**t.

They do not!

Edit: I’ll give you an example of that. Jarryd Roughead was on the radio today and stated that today is a day off...along with another day off post game. I don’t know your mathematical ability but let’s just say the answer is >1

You don't count training as work Mick? If this is your job you must train don't you think and therefore training would be part of the job? Gym work would be part of the job too. As well as some aerobic work that dance instructors come to the club to take the boys in. As well as the martial arts people who come to the club to work with the guys too,. The last two are about building dexterity. Three full training days in an eight day break, weights and fitness, dexterity training and aerobic fitness, then game day. If you count aerobic/Dexterity as a seperate day then that's a five day week. Sometimes only four.

During the their time off they pursue workplace training, university (basically workplace training with a bigger pay cheque once you get your degree and a job) or running a business like a pub. Every player used to get a pub in the old days because pubs used to basically print money. Now they are just hard work and money pits if you don't know what you are doing. But of course they are not an eight hour day. They only work maybe four to five hours. So even at five hours that is 20/week. Your point is quite correct in that they get paid super money for 20 hours let's face it.

You don't count training as work Mick? If this is your job you must train don't you think and therefore training would be part of the job? Gym work would be part of the job too. As well as some aerobic work that dance instructors come to the club to take the boys in. As well as the martial arts people who come to the club to work with the guys too,. The last two are about building dexterity. Three full training days in an eight day break, weights and fitness, dexterity training and aerobic fitness, then game day. If you count aerobic/Dexterity as a seperate day then that's a five day week. Sometimes only four.

During the their time off they pursue workplace training, university (basically workplace training with a bigger pay cheque once you get your degree and a job) or running a business like a pub. Every player used to get a pub in the old days because pubs used to basically print money. Now they are just hard work and money pits if you don't know what you are doing.
Thanks for your input Wolfie and thanks for the lesson in AFL life of a footballer. Anyone that thinks that the profession of an AFL footballer is difficult, is really gonna struggle with a profession outside of it!

God forbid they were as old as you and had to work 40 hrs per week, travel to training twice per week from the country and then play on the weekend!

Thanks for your input Wolfie and thanks for the lesson in AFL life of a footballer. Anyone that thinks that the profession of an AFL footballer is difficult, is really gonna struggle with a profession outside of it!

God forbid they were as old as you and had to work 40 hrs per week, travel to training twice per week from the country and then play on the weekend!

You home from work already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back