Preview R20, Port Adelaide vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken said Ladhams will play mainly in the ruck
I would suggest that the club will put every effort in signing Ladhams to a contract. Sam Hayes will be kept as the ruck back up and Todd will be the extra tall in our forward lines. Ryder and Billy will be offered up for trades. I can live with losing Ryder but would be pretty cross if Billy exited the club. But a change of coach may change all of that.

I would suggest that the club will put every effort in signing Ladhams to a contract. Sam Hayes will be kept as the ruck back up and Todd will be the extra tall in our forward lines. Ryder and Billy will be offered up for trades. I can live with losing Ryder but would be pretty cross if Billy exited the club. But a change of coach may change all of that.

It's already been reported that Ryder has been offered a one year deal by us.

So if he takes that, where does that leave us? Exactly where we are right now, I would suspect. Especially if Ken is still here, there is no way that he leaves Ryder in the SANFL for a full season as backup.

Don't forget that Essendon were almost beaten by the Suns last week. Like us, they aren't a consistent side. I think this is a genuine each way bet, unless we go with our patented lock down first quarter and are a few down at QT. In that instance, we'd come back into the game but just fall short.

Lycett being dropped on form but Sutcliffe not being touched makes me want to ball up and cry.

I want to see Marshall kick 6 or 8 goals. I know losing means Ken goes, but I want to see the kid do his stuff and there wont be any excuses as its under the roof. Plus he owes the bombers. the bastards knocked him out in Rd 4 2018 at Docklands with a late bump.

I want to see Marshall kick 6 or 8 goals. I know losing means Ken goes, but I want to see the kid do his stuff and there wont be any excuses as its under the roof. Plus he owes the bombers. the bastards knocked him out in Rd 4 2018 at Docklands with a late bump.
I just want him to show some urgency, he has floated around at seemingly half paced all year without a care in the world. Last week v south, and a couple of weeks ago v the crows (ignoring the bays game as the who team was putrid) he actually looked to be going 100% all the time. I said in the game thread that it was the best I had seen Marshall play live in a long time. He only had 10 kicks and two goals, but with 6 tackles, he presented himself at every contest the way he should. It's no surprise he has been picked on the back of that.

Just attack every contests at 100% that's all he needs to do, the rest will look after itself.

I'm not sure it does.

It should, but I think we're on a hiding to nothing here.
Not on Monday, but at end of the year. Ken wont walk until we are mathematically out of it. neither will the club act. We lose tomorrow we are about a 2% chance of making finals.

Want this to be a shootout... Not one sided shootouts like most ports v Essendon games under the roof. Really want the forwardline to work. Think the defense is slow and in a lot of trouble.

Yes losing Billy would be a concern. He has a bit of aggro can actually kick goals. Two things we lack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll battle to get 6-8 kicks.

Want this to be a shootout... Not one sided shootouts like most ports v Essendon games under the roof. Really want the forwardline to work. Think the defense is slow and in a lot of trouble.
The only time we've nailed big scores has been when we've had freakish flukey accurate goal kicking days.

12.2 against the Crows to blow out to a 6 goal lead.
20.3 against the Saints at one stage.

Outside of them, we've struggled to score since early in the year.

If this game becomes a shoot out we're ****ed.

Hey guys I come in peace - any reason why Lycett has been dropped this week? Was very worried about him dominating Zac Clarke and what I thought was a 50/50 game I'd say has swung in our favour with him being out. Seems a bizarre non-selection for me is he carrying an injury or something?

Dropped form

That Ryder gets the gift that is Zac C is great .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don't forget that Essendon were almost beaten by the Suns last week. Like us, they aren't a consistent side. I think this is a genuine each way bet, unless we go with our patented lock down first quarter and are a few down at QT. In that instance, we'd come back into the game but just fall short.
And they've been sooking about the umpiring they copped against the Suns all week.

We're going to cop a sleepy Port start, and a reaming from the umpires.

The only time we've nailed big scores has been when we've had freakish flukey accurate goal kicking days.

If this game becomes a shoot out we're f’ed.

Well since no one has been shooting the lights out, if it becomes a shootout we lose.

If this game becomes a shoot out we're f’ed.
We are going to need to score around 100 to win, at least. For the greater good of the overall team we really need this forward structure to work at least. We desperately need to score freely, dragging them down to a sloppy 70-63 type slopfest won't get anyone anywhere, overall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back